Page 330 of 440 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 6600

if I ever got an Alexa I would want it to have a snarky British voice that would mock me for being too lazy to type my question in google on the smartphone we always have on us. And if he worked in a fat joke I wouldnt be upset.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Invincible Member

I think there's been a couple of studies that showed that more people both male and female prefer female voices in their smart devices. Some people have said that it makes it sound more "approachable".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think there's been a couple of studies that showed that more people both male and female prefer female voices in their smart devices. Some people have said that it makes it sound more "approachable".
    Female and British or Scottish would work for me.

My brother got a new phone said it was only $400, I said that was pretty good. Then it dawned on me that we live in a world that a $400 phone is "ONLY". It's a friggin phone!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My brother got a new phone said it was only $400, I said that was pretty good. Then it dawned on me that we live in a world that a $400 phone is "ONLY". It's a friggin phone!
    It is just a phone, but we live in a world where A) a phone is no longer just a phone and in reality, a complex, mini computer and B) the single most important communication device to an individual. They're no longer a device you can pick up at the local hardware store for 15 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    It is just a phone, but we live in a world where A) a phone is no longer just a phone and in reality, a complex, mini computer and B) the single most important communication device to an individual. They're no longer a device you can pick up at the local hardware store for 15 bucks.
    All true. Though there are a lot of bells and whistles, you can pay $100 for something that basically does the same thing. Sure, the higher end ones have better cameras. but people still just take shitty photos with them and don't know how to shoot a video.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I dont understand the mad rush for these high end phones. I have a 25 buck flip phone from Walmart, and a 25 buck plan. for my internet I use my laptop and I think I may be one of the only people under 50 with a home phone. I have a little mp3 player for music and I dont like the small screen for watching videos. I had a smartphone and just dropped it. No point.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What would be the controversial part here Kirb? You being old belongs in our 'dyed in the wool fact' thread is a couple pages back.

I'm fkn with you. I just spend $216 including tax on my newest phone. I'm staring into space working the price over in my head all the way home from the phone store. I keep justifying it to myself that these 3 cameras are gonna have to take some amazing shots and I'm gonna have to share them with the world here real quick. Most I ever spent on a phone and I'm not even one that holds on to them past their time.

Fwiw I'm older but I have young kids, I was born in 1975 and my youngest is 5. We were watching old Bob Barker Price is Right reruns and it was the game where you have 5 things and you put the right prices on the 1970's housewares. The fkn 19" TV was $250.00! I remember what a state of the art, floor model, giant tube monster Mitsubishi TV you could get for about $799 at Target in the 1980s. Today $600 bucks gets you a Television half the size of a wall AND it's connected to the internet. Does this make up for $200-$400 phone on the lower end. Imo, yes. Also consider the fact that Elroy Jetson's wrist TV thingy is considered mid now 2 wks shy of 2022. Sum of all the parts yo.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Some other things about phones, they are centuries ahead of the Star Trek communicators, except the Enterprise didn't have as many dropped calls.
    While I get the cost of today's phones, I am still gobsmacked that we place delicate devices worth hundreds of dollars into the hands of children. (I do understand the need for children to have phones).
    And talking about complex hand held devices, I am also amazed at the complete lack of awareness most people I know have of basic security and maintenance (like backing up photos) have when it comes to phones.

Also GET OFF MY LAWN!

. . . While I get the cost of today's phones, I am still gobsmacked that we place delicate devices worth hundreds of dollars into the hands of children. (I do understand the need for children to have phones). . .
    Kids may need to have cell phones since they can't find a working pay phone any more (at least here in the U.S., though I think the U.K. may still have some?), but I don't know that they need "Smart Phones" with all the other features available until they're older.

It’s such an obvious move that I’m stunned more wrestlers aren’t going into acting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    It’s such an obvious move that I’m stunned more wrestlers aren’t going into acting.
    Maybe because some of them aren't even any good at acting when they're in the ring . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe because some of them aren't even any good at acting when they're in the ring . . .
    Clearly you wernt watching when Doink the Clown happened!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Tor Johnson agrees with you.

Seriously though, big name acting parts are rare and demand hugely outpaces supply.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mighty Member

I saw the Mego version of Hammer Films 'The Reptile', and it made me think of a bug-eyed, fanged Wicked Witch of The West!