Page 331 of 440 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I saw the Mego version of Hammer Films 'The Reptile', and it made me think of a bug-eyed, fanged Wicked Witch of The West!
    I've seen "The Wizard of Oz", and it was Dorothy who had the fangs and bug eyes...

"Oh, you dropped a house on and killed my sister. Could I at least have my dead sister's shoes?"

Seems like a reasonable request to me.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Invincible Member

I have not tried the syncing up of Wizard of Oz with Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon thing. I heard that it kinda works but you have to tweek it ( pause it here and there) to get the desired effect?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Seriously though, big name acting parts are rare and demand hugely outpaces supply.
    No small parts, only small actors.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    No small parts, only small actors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Terror_of_Tiny_Town

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I've seen "The Wizard of Oz", and it was Dorothy who had the fangs and bug eyes...
    Nah, she isn't that cute.

It's easy to tell the difference between when someone is disagreeing with you and when someone is attacking you. I fail to see why this distinction gets blurred all the time.

BANNED

Like religion or sports teams or any form of tribalism/identity grouping, when you undermine something someone loves and identifies with by pointing out flaws (especially when you're right, or even might be) they sometimes feel as if you're undermining them/a part of them. I tend to be critical of the things I love, also tend to be pessimistic when it comes to movies/TV shows/etc. based upon things/franchises I love. With sports teams I'm sure we're going to blow it, until we don't. But I know plenty of people who feel the opposite way. If it's someone you care about you can try to make them see your point of view, and it helps if you have something nice to say or a point you agree with them on, but if it's an internet discussion then I have zero sympathy as it's again the internet and chances are you were coming for a discussion (which is, of course, going to include many points of view).

Shaggy and Scooby are the most critical pieces of Mystery Inc.

Invincible Member

Shaggy and Scooby are the most critical pieces of Mystery Inc.
    I don't think this is controversial idea.

Yeah...okay, since this apparently needs to be explicitly stated: most of my posts are in direct response to something I have read or come across.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Like religion or sports teams or any form of tribalism/identity grouping, when you undermine something someone loves and identifies with by pointing out flaws (especially when you're right, or even might be) they sometimes feel as if you're undermining them/a part of them. I tend to be critical of the things I love, also tend to be pessimistic when it comes to movies/TV shows/etc. based upon things/franchises I love. With sports teams I'm sure we're going to blow it, until we don't. But I know plenty of people who feel the opposite way. If it's someone you care about you can try to make them see your point of view, and it helps if you have something nice to say or a point you agree with them on, but if it's an internet discussion then I have zero sympathy as it's again the internet and chances are you were coming for a discussion (which is, of course, going to include many points of view).
    The problem with a lot of people when giving their view and this is double true when they post on the internet is they are 100 percent sure that they are right and everyone is wrong they lose their minds when people dont agree. I would say most people do not want an honest discussion with a person who disagrees with them on a subject thet are passionate about. most people just want sounding boards so they can give their opinion and the other person agreeing with them.

That is why big news channels are so popular. GOP dont want another side so they dont watch CNN, the Dems dont want to hear another side so they dont watch Fox. They watch the networks that confirm what they already think and when people challenge that the other person is 100 percent wrong no matter if they have a good point or not.

We see this about comics as well. So and So is the greatest writer/artist ever dont you dare disagree. Such and Such hero is over rated or under rated. Dont dare disagree or you are not a true fan.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I find Frank Miller to be way too overrated. I can't believe he still ranks so high in the Top 100 greatest storylines.

Invincible Member

Yeah...okay, since this apparently needs to be explicitly stated: most of my posts are in direct response to something I have read or come across.
    Ok. But still, yours in this case is the mainstream opinion, not something most people would argue against.

But here's one Scooby related...I bought the first issue of Scooby Apocalypse and didn't understand the re-design on Velma. In some places she looks like a short woman but sometimes she looks like a dwarf?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I find Frank Miller to be way too overrated. I can't believe he still ranks so high in the Top 100 greatest storylines.
    I think he was great in his prime, but his best work is behind him.