Page 332 of 441 FirstFirst ... 232282322328329330331332333334335336342382432 ... LastLast
Results 4,966 to 4,980 of 6609

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    I find Frank Miller to be way too overrated. I can't believe he still ranks so high in the Top 100 greatest storylines.
    His Daredevil, The Dark Knight Returns and Born Again ARE among the 100 greatest storylines.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ok. But still, yours in this case is the mainstream opinion, not something most people would argue against.
    You don’t know that. Since obviously there are those who argue against it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Yeah...okay, since this apparently needs to be explicitly stated: most of my posts are in direct response to something I have read or come across.
    Maybe you should explain what/where you read or came across the thing you are talking about?

Invincible Member

You don’t know that. Since obviously there are those who argue against it.
    We've had over 50 years of Scooby Doo media in which Shag and Scoob were always present. It's safe to assume that most people think that Shaggy and Scoob are essential to the concept. Now if you want to say the premise works without them, that's fine. But that in fact would be the controversial opinion, not that they need to be there.

We've had over 50 years of Scooby Doo media in which Shag and Scoob were always present. It's safe to assume that most people think that Shaggy and Scoob are essential to the concept. Now if you want to say the premise works without them, that's fine. But that in fact would be the controversial opinion, not that they need to be there.
    It's a possibility that Scooby Doo's name in the numerous titles indicates he is a character of relative importance to the franchise.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The problem with a lot of people when giving their view and this is double true when they post on the internet is they are 100 percent sure that they are right and everyone is wrong they lose their minds when people dont agree. I would say most people do not want an honest discussion with a person who disagrees with them on a subject thet are passionate about. most people just want sounding boards so they can give their opinion and the other person agreeing with them.

That is why big news channels are so popular. GOP dont want another side so they dont watch CNN, the Dems dont want to hear another side so they dont watch Fox. They watch the networks that confirm what they already think and when people challenge that the other person is 100 percent wrong no matter if they have a good point or not.

We see this about comics as well. So and So is the greatest writer/artist ever dont you dare disagree. Such and Such hero is over rated or under rated. Dont dare disagree or you are not a true fan.
    Yeah, I tend to seek out the Fox News of the world to see what their talking points and narratives are. I usually find myself grumbling and rolling my eyes, but it's more interesting than hearing what I believe stated back to me. I also find it's easier to make arguments against them when I know where they're coming from. It's why I enjoyed High School debate, forces you to consider all positions. Wish it were a mandatory class, like a Civics class and a basic Economics one. But wish in one hand....

We've had over 50 years of Scooby Doo media in which Shag and Scoob were always present. It's safe to assume that most people think that Shaggy and Scoob are essential to the concept
    Right because everything that’s remained on the air for awhile has remained consistently popular. I don’t know why you’re acting like you’re the worlds most renowned expert on controversial opinions and gatekeeping like this. It’s really unwarranted.
    Last edited by TheRay; 12-22-2021 at 04:38 AM.

Right because everything that’s remained on the air for awhile has remained consistently popular. I don’t know why you’re acting like you’re the worlds most renowned expert on controversial opinions and gatekeeping like this. It’s really unwarranted.
    Ray, it is "Controversial Opinions" thread. Of course people are going to counter and push back against things posted. Do you think people should just post here and no one replies to what is said?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Any single episode of the Twilight Zone is better than the whole of the American Pie series.

Shaggy and Scooby are the most critical pieces of Mystery Inc.
    I think Spiderman is the most critical character in Spiderman

Any single episode of the Twilight Zone is better than the whole of the American Pie series.
    You cant really compare the two. One is a bit of Sci Fy/light horror type twist ending show the other is teens trying to get laid. I agree Twilight Zone is better. But two different Genres.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Sounds to me like you’re saying Velma, Fred, and Daphne don’t matter.

Sounds to me like you’re saying Velma, Fred, and Daphne don’t matter.
    They really dont. There have been tons of show with just Scoobs and Shaggy. It has been proven over and over again you can take those three out of the equation and the brand would not suffer.

I would say those 3 are the least important support characters in pretty much any media.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-22-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

You cant really compare the two. One is a bit of Sci Fy/light horror type twist ending show the other is teens trying to get laid. I agree Twilight Zone is better. But two different Genres.
    Word.

I respect the living fudge out of Twilight Zone but I've always thought Outer Limits to be better. Not just even more entertaining (duh), you could pit the worst episode of both and Limits still comes out on top as better fwiw. If you want controversial, I prefer One Step Beyond over the Twilight Zone- GRANTED, this is cheating on my part cause I didn't grow up with One Step Beyond in syndication, and Labor Day marathons going back to the 80's like Zone did, but NOW in the streaming world... I still go to Outer Limits and OSB over any Twilight Zone.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

They really dont. There have been tons of show with just Scoobs and Shaggy. It has been proven over and over again you can take those three out of the equation and the brand would not suffer.

I would say those 3 are the least important support characters in pretty much any media.
    Of the Scooby five, sure. However, I'd place Velma above Fred and Daphne in terms of importance. She serves to provide a competent contrast to the comic ineptitude of Shaggy and Scooby and that adds to the mystery aspect of the stories.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Of the Scooby five, sure. However, I'd place Velma above Fred and Daphne in terms of importance. She serves to provide a competent contrast to the comic ineptitude of Shaggy and Scooby and that adds to the mystery aspect of the stories.
    I can agree with that. But they can very easy make a movie work with just Scooby and Shaggy. You have to have those 2 to make the rest work. No one is paying money to see a Fred Velma, and Daphne show or movie.

I will say if you had to make one of those three work Velma may be the one to go with but the other two are pretty boring take away Scooby and Shags and they are nothing. Even in the show they are barely nothing.