Page 335 of 440 FirstFirst ... 235285325331332333334335336337338339345385435 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 6600

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    His Daredevil, The Dark Knight Returns and Born Again ARE among the 100 greatest storylines.
    In top 100, sure. But he has 3 in the top 5. And the first place is Watchmen (which I also consider overrated). I just think it is too much compared to other writers. I would not put that many deconstructions and "dark" storylines that high.
    But that is a general peeve of mine that people tend to consider the darker, depressive stories to be more "mature", or meaningful than the more lighthearted.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    In top 100, sure. But he has 3 in the top 5. And the first place is Watchmen (which I also consider overrated). I just think it is too much compared to other writers. I would not put that many deconstructions and "dark" storylines that high.
    But that is a general peeve of mine that people tend to consider the darker, depressive stories to be more "mature", or meaningful than the more lighthearted.
    Your points arecompletely valid, but this list is the combined opinions of those who voted. It is more a popularity contest than an academic essay on Comics History.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think they will connect all the Scooby Doo timelines at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    So, where's the "controversial" part?

From Hell is the best comic written by Alan Moore
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Beer tastes weird. Bad weird.

Retired

So are SHE'S ALL THAT and HE'S ALL THAT part of the Scooby Omniverse?

[Rhetorical question--of course, they are!]

Astonishing Member

Beer tastes weird. Bad weird.
    There are lots of different varieties of beer, and they taste different. Personally I don't like Pilsner, which is by far the most popular type of beer in the USA (that's my "controversial" opinion), so much so that most Americans think it's what beer is, unaware of the other types. Just about the only type of lager that I much like is doppelbok, since it's so heavy on the malt. (It's jokingly referred to as "liquid bread".) I much prefer those ales that are heavy on the malt and light on the hops, such as many porters or stouts and especially Scottish ales (particularly the high-alcohol ones known in the USA as "wee heavy"). Some varieties of porters and stouts are made with roasted barley, which gives them a caramel or coffee flavor, and some use dairy sugars that add a bit of chocolate flavor. All those beers taste vastly better, to me, than your standard American beers.

IPA is my favorite type of beer overall (which I guess is also controversial, as many of my friends tend not to like it)
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I like Ales, but don't like Pilsners or Lagers.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I typically drink more IPAs than any others, but I love all beers and usually have at least 2 every evening.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I typically drink more IPAs than any others, but I love all beers and usually have at least 2 every evening.
    That explains the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I much prefer those ales that are heavy on the malt and light on the hops
    Where do you stand on moonshine?

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    IPA is my favorite type of beer overall (which I guess is also controversial, as many of my friends tend not to like it)
    The IPAs I'm familiar with are heavier in hops than other varieties of beer. I'm OK with them and will enjoy them as a change of pace, but my tastes go to darker stouts.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Invincible Member

People like to talk about how Die Hard is a Christmas movie, however Lethal Weapon is also set in LA, also co-produced by Joel Silver, and also set during X-Mas time does not get the same acknowledgement...