Page 344 of 441 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 6605
    Extraordinary Member

After that pig heart transplant thing the other day, I think that they should at least investigate the patient to make sure they are not human dirt like that guy was. He waited till some guy he didn't like turned his back, then literally stabbed him in that back, 7 times, nearly murdering him and leaving the guy, a muscled construction worker, paralyzed and in a wheelchair, where, do to his other constant health problems from the stabbing, he ODed on painkillers at 28. The heart transplant patient also was known for not taking his medication and not following doctor's orders.

He would up serving less than five years, his victim's family said, and never paid a dime to them of the restitution he was ordered to pay, (in the tens of thousands). Who okayed this guy for this procedure? He had said just before his transplant "I don't want to die". I assume his young victim said the same.

BTW, though he caused the other man's death albeit years later, and in a cowardly way, he was never charged with murder. And less than five years seems a bit light.
    Last edited by achilles; 01-14-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It wasn't Nimitz who fell for it, as he was dealing with Strategy and Logistics back in Pearl (I think). The Admiral with the fleet was Halsey.

There is an excellent breakdown on YouTube by Drachinifel - under the title of Battle off Samar. The guy has hundreds of videos about naval battles, ship classes and individual ships ranging from the Napoleonic Wars up to post WW2.
    Also, I think it was "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors". Got that wrong earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    After that pig heart transplant thing the other day, I think that they should at least investigate the patient to make sure they are not human dirt like that guy was. He waited till some guy he didn't like turned his back, then literally stabbed him in that back, 7 times, nearly murdering him and leaving the guy, a muscled construction worker, paralyzed and in a wheelchair, where, do to his other constant health problems from the stabbing, he ODed on painkillers at 28. The heart transplant patient also was known for not taking his medication and not following doctor's orders.

He would up serving less than five years, his victim's family said, and never paid a dime to them of the restitution he was ordered to pay, (in the tens of thousands). Who okayed this guy for this procedure? He had said just before his transplant "I don't want to die". I assume his young victim said the same.

BTW, though he caused the other man's death albeit years later, and in a cowardly way, he was never charged with murder. And less than five years seems a bit light.
    So, they should have saved an experimental, untested procedure using a pig heart for someone "more worthy"?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, they should have saved an experimental, untested procedure using a pig heart for someone "more worthy"?
    It's a shot at life. I imagine there are plenty of others who need it just as badly and haven't basically murdered someone.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Also, I think it was "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors". Got that wrong earlier.
    That's also probably a better title than whatever Hollywood would come up with.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Im thinking Elvis and The Beetles have something to say about the most over rated.
    The Beatles may be overrated, but at one time they were, in fact, bigger than Jesus.

They aren't over rated, that's just silly.
    When you are still the biggest rock band in history after 70 years, you aren't over rated.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They aren't over rated, that's just silly.
    When you are still the biggest rock band in history after 70 years, you aren't over rated.
    I say over rated because The Beatles had the big break. had they not come along when they did there would have been another British band that would have taken their place and that is who we would be talking about. There are several British Bands that are a lot Better then The Beatles.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

That's just not true. They weren't the first big British Invasion band. They were the biggest by a long shot because they are music people liked most. And they grew with each album, changing music as they went.
    Take it from someone who was there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That's just not true. They weren't the first big British Invasion band. They were the biggest by a long shot because they are music people liked most. And they grew with each album, changing music as they went.
    Take it from someone who was there.
    Meh when it comes to my British bands I rank them 5th but not number 1. Good but not great.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here is some real talk that bugs me. Us older people I am 40 so I am often called old, always talk about

"Back in my day we had real music."

I am not looking forward to the day in my 60's when I hear my nephews telling their kids

"Back in my day we had real music. Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber!"

Man I will throw my cane at their heads!

Meh when it comes to my British bands I rank them 5th but not number 1. Good but not great.
    Your personal taste have nothing to do with them being the biggest band ever. Not over rated.

Your personal taste have nothing to do with them being the biggest band ever. Not over rated.
    Im not saying they havnt sold a lot. Im not debating they are the biggest band. I am just saying all of those fans got it wrong and I am right. I mean come on every random guy on the internet with an option is right. At least that is what this guy on Reddit said!

And I listen to HypnoDancer every day so I know good music!

Here is some real talk that bugs me. Us older people I am 40 so I am often called old, always talk about

"Back in my day we had real music."

I am not looking forward to the day in my 60's when I hear my nephews telling their kids

"Back in my day we had real music. Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber!"

Man I will throw my cane at their heads!
    Who says you'll have a cane then?

My Mom didn't start using a cane until she was in her 80s, and even now she doesn't use it in the house except to go up and down stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who says you'll have a cane then?

My Mom didn't start using a cane until she was in her 80s, and even now she doesn't use it in the house except to go up and down stairs.
    Im so overweight my doctor says I am one Fun Size Bag of Skittles away from losing my foot. Ill either have a cane or a nifty tricked out Hover Round!

That is really great your mom is that mobile in her 80's