Page 350 of 440 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 6600

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    At the very least the Ramones touched on a style of music that the Beatles didn’t.
    So did Snoop Dogg.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So did Snoop Dogg.
    He just ripped off George Clinton. Now P Funk touched on a different style of music and were at least as influential as the Ramones
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    they were just too rough (musically and visually) to be in the same orbit as the Fab Four
    It’s not even close to being as wide a margin as you’re making it out to be.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It’s not even close to being as wide a margin as you’re making it out to be.
    Except their popularity and critical acclaim says otherwise. That doesn't mean the Ramones aren't legitimate Hall of Famers. I mean, I can listen to Blitzkrieg Bop and I Wanna Be Sedated every day for the rest of my life.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Except their popularity and critical acclaim says otherwise. That doesn't mean the Ramones aren't legitimate Hall of Famers. I mean, I can listen to Blitzkrieg Bop and I Wanna Be Sedated every day for the rest of my life.
    Not being close in influence or popularity doesn't make the Ramones any less a great band.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Not being close in influence or popularity doesn't make the Ramones any less a great band.
    I actually wrote popularity and critical acclaim - the latter in reference to the consensus of rock critics. Of course, greatness is in the eye of the beholder (and my eyes say they were both great, but to different degrees).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Watching mixed team Curling at Olympics. Seems to me this is one sport where they could just have teams of any sex and the could compete. No need for men's or women's only.

Except their popularity and critical acclaim says otherwise.
    I mean I can't argue that the Beatles weren't bigger than Jesus, obviously, but the Ramones are at least bigger than somebody like John the Baptist, honestly.

I mean I can't argue that the Beatles weren't bigger than Jesus, obviously, but the Ramones are at least bigger than somebody like John the Baptist, honestly.
    But not as big as Peter or Paul.

That doesn't mean the Ramones aren't legitimate Hall of Famers.
    I wonder what die hard Ramones fans would say about this raging debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But not as big as Peter or Paul.
    With or without Mary?

The answer, my friend.......

Moving to a different rock group, I think Queen is rated exactly where they should be in a very just manner.

Moving to a different rock group, I think Queen is rated exactly where they should be in a very just manner.
    How are they rated?

On the subject of underrated bands, however, we would be remiss not to bring up The Monkees.