Page 383 of 440 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I find pizza a good analogy for when people agree on a general idea but disagree on details. Such as all loving a particular comic book super-hero team but disagreeing on membership.

Squares has the marked disadvantage of making crust ratios disproportionate.
    Most pizzas I see that are typically cut into squares are either square themselves, or have toppings all the way to the edge.
    Dark does not mean deep.

There is a local place around here. It is called Snappy's Pizza. They make this massive square pizza called the Beast! I used to love that thing!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it has not come to "Avoiding..."?

There is a group of folks I know where a pizza being cut into "Party Squares..." versus "Pie Slice..." is particularly heated.
    So long as the first group realizes how wrong they are, shouldn't be heated.

I can handle square pizza. But square hamburgers? That is so far beyond the natural order I dont understand how it is a thing. White Castles maybe can get by with it. But people who go to Wendys and order a square burger? They need to take a long hard look at the events of their life that led them there.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My #1 rule for pizza. If I am just getting a slice, I only by a plain pizza. Those are always fresh and made throughout the day. Many places make the various pizzas, sausage, pepperoni, etc... early and reheat the slice when you order. I don't want a pizza that has been sitting there a few hours. The exception is when you see they take a plain slice and add the topping when you order. I realize this might be a very New York centric thing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    My #1 rule for pizza. If I am just getting a slice, I only by a plain pizza. Those are always fresh and made throughout the day. Many places make the various pizzas, sausage, pepperoni, etc... early and reheat the slice when you order. I don't want a pizza that has been sitting there a few hours. The exception is when you see they take a plain slice and add the topping when you order. I realize this might be a very New York centric thing.
    Personally, I also add in if I know when the large pies those slices come from tend to get made. If I am certain that it has been no more than 30 minutes, most likely less (due to my familiarity with the specific pizzaria) then I have no problem getting anything on the rack.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Pineapple has been voted as one of the least favorite toppings on a pizza, next to anchovies and mushrooms.

People try to get creative when they put various toppings on top of the pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think every employer who orders pizza for a group of employees needs to take notice of how much Hawaiian style is untouched at the end of the day and adjust the next order accordingly. There's always multiple pies left untouched in my experience, even if every single slice of anything else is long gone. It is nowhere near as popular as it's fans insist.
    As someone who doesn’t mind it, I would never say it is at all popular. Which is okay. Those employers can still order the Hawaiian style just less of it accordingly. No harm done.

I think Kale on Pizza is why we are where we are as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I can handle square pizza. But square hamburgers? That is so far beyond the natural order I dont understand how it is a thing. White Castles maybe can get by with it. But people who go to Wendys and order a square burger? They need to take a long hard look at the events of their life that led them there.
    I ate square hamburgers before. It's not bad. although I still prefer the round shape.

Shoot. Now I’m really hungry for pizza.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Shoot. Now I’m really hungry for pizza.
    There's always frozen pizza . . .
    . . . which is what I had for dinner last night.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Pineapple has been voted as one of the least favorite toppings on a pizza, next to anchovies and mushrooms.
    I have never in my life ordered pineapple on a pizza, but I always want mushrooms and anchovies and 1 or 2 other toppings.

Except I often find that the restaurant doesn't even offer anchovies, because they are so unpopular. It's the same with Caesar salads - most restaurants don't even give you the option of having anchovies on it. Once, when I was buying a can of anchovies in the grocery store, the checkout counter clerk (who apparently had never seen anyone buy them before) asked me what I did with them. When I told her that I put them on salads, she looked at me as if I were from Pluto, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I have never in my life ordered pineapple on a pizza, but I always want mushrooms and anchovies and 1 or 2 other toppings.

Except I often find that the restaurant doesn't even offer anchovies, because they are so unpopular. It's the same with Caesar salads - most restaurants don't even give you the option of having anchovies on it. Once, when I was buying a can of anchovies in the grocery store, the checkout counter clerk (who apparently had never seen anyone buy them before) asked me what I did with them. When I told her that I put them on salads, she looked at me as if I were from Pluto, or something.
    The original Caesar salad didn't include anchovies. At least the daughter of the guy who invented has gone on record to say she never saw him using that ingredient.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The original Caesar salad didn't include anchovies. At least the daughter of the guy who invented has gone on record to say she never saw him using that ingredient.
    But somewhere along the line some chef decided that anchovies would be an excellent addition, and he was right.