Page 385 of 440 FirstFirst ... 285335375381382383384385386387388389395435 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,775 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Unintentional bad movies can be entertaining movies.

The Wicker Man movie remake was intentionally made as a serious Horror movie, it's not scary except still an entertaining movie since the movie fails as a serious Horror movie. An amazing failure is the serious attempt by Nicholas Cage as the protagonist reacting scared while he is getting attacked by Bees including seriously saying "Not the Beees." which is unintentionally funny.

Superman 4 The Quest For Peace
    A movie that hugely fails as a serious super hero movie because it's unintentionally awful which makes it highly entertaining including multiple scenes where Nuclear Man is not exposed to the sun or in the area of shade except he doesn't begin to sleep which makes no sense, Nuclear Man decides to bury Superman on the Moon instead of kill him, etc.

(2008) The Happening Intentionally made as a serious Thriller movie about an Invisible Killer.
    An unintentional bad thriller movie that is entertaining including the intentional serious scene of a Science Teacher played by Mark Wahlberg talking to a plant which can't be taken seriously which is why it's an unintentional funny scene.
    The key for me is that I need the acting to also be “bad” via either being unintentionally funny from an actor trying to hard (Nuclear Man’s actor, Mark Wahlberg, Nick Cage) or intentionally funny from an actor who knows what type of movie they’re in (Gene Hackman.)

The last thing a bad film needs is for the actor’s to actually perfectly hit the exact type of performance the director wants, and wind up just highlighting how bad the directors vision is - like in The Last a Jedi, where *everyone’s* much better than the material they’re given, so you just find yourself hating the film instead because you can tell the director is genuinely hurting the performance just as much as the story. Like, we can all tell that Mark Hamil *could* do a great Broken!Luke story… but instead he’s stuck doing a boringly self-centered coward instead.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

70's funk (especially heavy guitar driven funk) and 70's HardRock/Metal is almost indistinguishable from one another. Hell, I'd argue 70's funk bands had the better guitarists, and definitely the best bass players.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    70's funk (especially heavy guitar driven funk) and 70's HardRock/Metal is almost indistinguishable from one another. Hell, I'd argue 70's funk bands had the better guitarists, and definitely the best bass players.
    The last part may be fact and not opinion - the joke about the most forgettable member of the band playing bass is a thing for a reason, after all.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The last part may be fact and not opinion - the joke about the most forgettable member of the band playing bass is a thing for a reason, after all.
    They all have similar roots, but bass players in 70's funk bands aren't to be played with. Same with some of the guitarists. Most 70's funk guitarists was "shredding" long before rock/metal guitarists. A band like Slave or Mother's Finest could blow Black Sabbath off the stage. Some of the best guitarists from the 70's came from funk/soul bands. People like Ernie Isley, Eddie Hazel, Danny Webster etc.

They all have similar roots, but bass players in 70's funk bands aren't to be played with. Same with some of the guitarists. Most 70's funk guitarists was "shredding" long before rock/metal guitarists. A band like Slave or Mother's Finest could blow Black Sabbath off the stage. Some of the best guitarists from the 70's came from funk/soul bands. People like Ernie Isley, Eddie Hazel, Danny Webster etc.
    Considering the origins of rock music, it shouldn't be a surprise to learn how many black musicians were at the forefront of innovation playing the instruments that form the core of most bands. Jimi Hendrix might be the most well known, but as the saying goes, he stood on the shoulders of giants. And of course, was a giant himself.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan (well I used to be), and love spaceships and space operas/military science fiction in general. But having said that, I always thought the majority of the ship designs in the Star Wars franchise were ugly AF! The only ships I ever liked was the X-Wing, U-Wing, Amadala's space yacht, Venator, the Executor, and the Supremacy . And maybe the Calmari capital ship. Bit that's it, they all were just ugly.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan (well I used to be), and love spaceships and space operas/military science fiction in general. But having said that, I always thought the majority of the ship designs in the Star Wars franchise were ugly AF! The only ships I ever liked was the X-Wing, U-Wing, Amadala's space yacht, Venator, the Executor, and the Supremacy . And maybe the Calmari capital ship. Bit that's it, they all were just ugly.
    What was wrong with the Millennium Falcon?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What was wrong with the Millennium Falcon?
    Damn straight, made the Kesel Run in 12 parsecs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ill take a Y Wing over an X Wing any day of the week!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Hexagons are played out.

I'm just over them. They're all over the place. I get that they're easy to use from a design standpoint, but learn a new shape already.

My gaming group used to have a player who couldn't hear a reference to the U-Wing without ranting about how much he hated those switchblade wings. Our usual response was to point out all the other stuff that was style over function in the Star Wars universe, which was, well, EVERYTHING. If it also looked functional, it was by accident, not design. Star Wars works on Rule of Cool above all else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Hexagons are played out.

I'm just over them. They're all over the place. I get that they're easy to use from a design standpoint, but learn a new shape already.
    Batman agrees with you. We all know the beehive is home to hexagons.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Two things a grown man should never have on their heads. A mohawk, and A backwards hat. I see those on a man over the age of 25 I know all I need to know about the type of person they are.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Two things a grown man should never have on their heads. A mohawk, and A backwards hat. I see those on a man over the age of 25 I know all I need to know about the type of person they are.
    Recently i have seen a couple of kids, around 15 or 16 maybe, with mullets.

Motherfcking mullets.

Times are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Recently i have seen a couple of kids, around 15 or 16 maybe, with mullets.

Motherfcking mullets.

Times are bad.
    God for real. I was born and spent a lot of my life in Central Ky. Sooo many mullets! Like people said in their head "Man this is going to look great. I can wait to send my kid to school with this haircut.. He is going to be the coolest!" And the fact anyone with a mullet has kids blows my mind. A woman doesnt look at a man with a mullet and say to her self

"Yep I have kids with that man. My life choices led me here."

I cant wrap my head around who comes off as the loser there. The woman who married a man with a mullet or the man who found a woman who thought it was a good idea to marry a man with a mullet.
    Last edited by babyblob; 08-12-2022 at 06:29 AM.