Page 39 of 440 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Deep Space Nine. I do love TNG. Have the blu ray box set. Maybe now that I'm older I should give DS9 another try, probably didn't give it a fair shake in my youth.
    DS9 is a bit of an acquired taste. I wasn't a big fan first run, but after a rewatch when I was in college, I really came to appreciate it. TNG actually ended up worse for me on a second viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Personally, I don't really care about Beyonce and Jayzee having kids.
    I know. I'm a monster.
    I feel the same about Prince William and Kate.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I may have mentioned this before, but I've never understood the appeal of Adele who, in my uninformed opinion, bellows more than she sings.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

What's the big appeal of Matt Fraction? I read some of the SEX CRIMINALS books, and while they were interesting, I didn't think they were all that revolutionary. Never read the HAWKEYE book that impressed a lot of fans.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    What's the big appeal of Matt Fraction? I read some of the SEX CRIMINALS books, and while they were interesting, I didn't think they were all that revolutionary. Never read the HAWKEYE book that impressed a lot of fans.
    It's a good read.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Fraction's run on Iron Man was pretty good, especially his first two arcs, "The Five Nightmares" and "World's Most Wanted".
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

I like Sex Criminals for the most part. It think's it's more clever than it it, but it's still clever. I need to get more back issues of Casanova. It's out there and zany but it has more hits than misses. Satellite Sam that Fraction did with Howard Chaykin is pretty good but if his name wasn't on it, you wouldn't know that Matt was involved. It reads like pure Chaykin.

Hawkeye is the best thing I've read by him - and the first TPB of Sex Criminals is fun.

Other than that though, I don't like his writing at all. Cassanova is pretentious. Iron Fist is boring. The Punisher TPB I read of his had one good issue and the rest was crap.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I have no obligation to accept lifestyles that go contrary to my personal beliefs. And I no longer allow others to make me feel guilty or ashamed for my beliefs either.

Colonialism, while terrible, isn't the same as illegal immigration and the meme comparing the two is really tired. There was no infrastructure no single government or body of laws. There wasn't even a collective language. Was what happened to the various tribes a terrible, tragic and horrendous thing absolutely. That doesn't mean what these dreamers parents did wasn't illegal.

I can't go to another country (an established one) and take up residence and not follow proper procedure on anythings.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Satellite Sam that Fraction did with Howard Chaykin is pretty good but if his name wasn't on it, you wouldn't know that Matt was involved. It reads like pure Chaykin.
    I agree totally about Satellite Sam, and I'm a big Chaykin fan. In looking at Fraction's F4 and FF runs, it also appears that Allred had a lot more to do with the plot on FF and how it differed from F4, than an artist usually would, as well. I like most of the Fraction work I've read (love his Hawkeye) but he does either let the artist take a bigger role, or he writes for the artists' strengths and styles.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I feel the same about Prince William and Kate.
    I feel the same way as well, but I also suspect for some reason that celebrity is dying. I have seen the point brought up a many a time when talking about the film industry that there aren't any real movie stars anymore.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 09-10-2017 at 02:19 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I feel the same way as well, but I also suspect for some reason that celebrity is dying.
    If it is dying, it's because more and more of us are getting a share of it on the Internet.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I feel the same way as well, but I also suspect for some reason that celebrity is dying. I have seen the point brought up a many a time when talking about the film industry that there aren't any real movie stars anymore.
    I hope you're right

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    I have no obligation to accept lifestyles that go contrary to my personal beliefs. And I no longer allow others to make me feel guilty or ashamed for my beliefs either.
    I'm not sure what makes you think that someone else's lifestyle is yours to accept or not accept.