Page 400 of 441 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6609
    Invincible Member

And please stop pretending that people all of a sudden got "overly sensitive" in the last 10-20 years. I remember the 80's-90's and people literally were suing heavy metal acts because some kid killed himself and taking rap acts to court over violence or obscenity. To say nothing of trying to get sit-coms taking off the air and Playboy and Penthouse removed from 7-11.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    And please stop pretending that people all of a sudden got "overly sensitive" in the last 10-20 years. I remember the 80's-90's and people literally were suing heavy metal acts because some kid killed himself and taking rap acts to court over violence or obscenity. To say nothing of trying to get sit-coms taking off the air and Playboy and Penthouse removed from 7-11.
    It only seems like people have gotten overly sensitive now more then other times in the past because of things like Twitter, Facebook, and other Social Media. They have given everyone and their grand ma a voice and they think people really want to hear what they have to say.

If these platforms were a thing in the 90s and turn of the 2000s then we would be seeing people were always as much snow flakes and overly sensitive types as they are now.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'd say people are just more aggressive not sensitive thanks to the internet.

Not to mention pearl clutching like Seduction of the innocent in the 50's.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    people just didn't get that Wonder Woman's bondage scenes were consensual and progressive.

Mighty Member

EC Comics would have some really vicious mysoginy in their stories, but I don't think Wertham ever mentioned that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    We almost had a repeat in the late 80's when during the "Comics Aren't for Kids" era, a number of stores in America were charged with selling "obscene" materials and local TV news would jump on the sensationalism. From what I remember most the stores beat the charges and the outrage merchants moved on to other targets...

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    EC Comics would have some really vicious mysoginy in their stories, but I don't think Wertham ever mentioned that.
    There was that infamous cover with the woman's head cut off, I think Will Gaines actually had to defend it in front of the Senate? But I can't remember if Wertham included it in his book. I'm pretty sure Wertham brought up violence against women in some of the crime comics of the time..."Children told me what the man was going to do with the red hot poker..."

Image fail
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-27-2022 at 07:45 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Invincible Member

When are these pundits who are supposedly concerned about "grooming" going to talk the communities/cults in America where middle aged men are in polygamous "marriages" with teen-aged girls?

When are these pundits who are supposedly concerned about "grooming" going to talk the communities/cults in America where middle aged men are in polygamous "marriages" with teen-aged girls?
    Those people probably vote Republican, so I'm going to guess never.

On a different note, I'm getting more and more fed up with every damn website wanting to make their own app. A few days ago, I tried to follow an MSN link someone posted in the politics thread and all I got was "download our app to read!" I already have an app for that, it's called a browser. There's limited space in these phones and tablets, and I don't want to waste any on stuff that just duplicates the website that was working perfectly fine until some jerkwad decided it shouldn't.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Or child beauty pageants which, in my mind, is the absolute worst sort of grooming, but pundits won't talk about that either:

Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-29-2022 at 02:44 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Or child beauty pageants which, in my mind, is the absolute worst sort of grooming, but pundits won't talk about that either:

It’s like the pictures of adult women’s heads have been put on children’s bodies… It’s quite disturbing.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It’s like the pictures of adult women’s heads have been put on children’s bodies… It’s quite disturbing.
    You want disturbing? Check THIS out:

pageant+girl.jpg
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!