Page 41 of 441 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    I've heard that children grow to look more like the opposite sex if they begin treatments early enough.
    Transitioning indeed has better results the earlier in life you start with it. Optimally before puberty sets in.

See, you actually know this and you still manage to come to the wrong conclusion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Transitioning indeed has better results the earlier in life you start with it. Optimally before puberty sets in.

See, you actually know this and you still manage to come to the wrong conclusion.
    How am I wrong?

Children transitioning don't seem right at all. What the hell does a child know about such things. When did people shove the we're really lost and fucked up needle off the damn meter?
    When you lose the rhythm of the drumbeat of god, you are lost from the peace and rhythm of life.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I love the Monkees, but considering they didn't write the songs or play the music on most of their tracks, they were basically four actors, three of whom also sang.

Not sure that's really enough for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    I beg to differ. Elvis, The Righteous Brothers and The Temptations never wrote songs and they're in the Hall Meanwhile, The Drifters, The Mamas & The Papas, and The Four Tops never played instruments and they're in the Hall. So, The Monkees deserve to get in as well.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 09-19-2017 at 01:26 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I love the Monkees, but considering they didn't write the songs or play the music on most of their tracks, they were basically four actors, three of whom also sang.

Not sure that's really enough for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
    This is actually untrue. It was that way in the beginning but they eventually fought to get control over their music. I discovered this just recently myself! It should be more well known.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Should leave it at that. Ha.
    What ?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I beg to differ. Elvis, The Righteous Brothers and The Temptations never wrote songs and they're in the Hall Meanwhile, The Drifters, The Mamas & The Papas, and The Four Tops never played instruments and they're in the Hall. So, The Monkees deserve to get in as well.
    Fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobias View Post
    This is actually untrue. It was that way in the beginning but they eventually fought to get control over their music. I discovered this just recently myself! It should be more well known.
    I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that this only happened very late in their career.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    My 9 year old daughter told me yesterday that a boy she knew became a girl over the summer. It came right after a person that I was watching on Twitter bragged about having a "non-binary kid". This bothered me because I do not believe children are capable of understanding the long term implications of their decisions. They have zero ability to raise themselves. Parents should encourage their children to express themselves but not to the point of changing their gender. Parents should encourage children to identify as the sex they were born as until they reach their teen years when - hopefully - they can truly understand what their decisions mean.
    I'm inclined to think that, parents shouldn't encourage their kids either way. If it gets into hormones and the like then that's a different thing, but if a biological boy wants to wear a dress and call themself a girl, then I see no reason to not go along with it.

BANNED

I'm inclined to think that, parents shouldn't encourage their kids either way. If it gets into hormones and the like then that's a different thing, but if a biological boy wants to wear a dress and call themself a girl, then I see no reason to not go along with it.
    I like what Blaire has to say about it. (the hormone issue)

Last edited by Rogue Star; 09-19-2017 at 07:23 AM.

I like this response to that video:

Blaire's underlying assumption which justifies her viewpoint on why transitioning for kids is a deplorable idea: that kids are not in a position to know better, because they are simply not mature or knowledgeable enough to grasp the consequences pegged with the entire transition process. The thing is, age does not fully equivocate or represent one's state of maturity and knowledge. There are mature, intelligent young adults who choose to make such decisions because they are absolutely sure of their gender identity and want to actively take charge of their own developmental process. Just because you think they are too immature to make such decisions at that juncture does not necessarily mean they are. Please keep in mind that outliers do exist too.

Furthermore, Blaire disregards one of the strongest cases for why professionals or parents permit their children to undergo early transition: not because they can pass better in the future (honestly, that seems kind of inconsequential when plastic surgery and hormonal therapy treatments have improved by leaps and bounds over the years) but because they are genuinely afraid of their children being traumatized over the effects of puberty. Besides the gender dysphoria these kids would be facing, the real physical changes, thanks to puberty, that vehemently deny these children their gender identity can cause irreversible trauma to them as well. Other trans folks have mentioned how difficult and painful puberty had been (princessjoules, case in point) for them, and parents (also major stakeholders in this whole debacle) of trans children have voiced their concerns. A mother of an eight-yr-old girl diagnosed with gender dysphoria (I'm lazy to link it here but it's up there on YT anyway, take a look) did mention that her child was taking nail clippers to mutilate her own genitals at an early age, acting out in school etc. Is it really humane for anyone to further compound the child's misery by denying him/her a temporary reprieve from the inevitable changes caused by puberty (by using hormone blockers)? I'm not a great fan of allowing way too early transitions either, but I think active steps to put off puberty till about age 17-18 for kids with gender dysphoria seems like a fair deal- give them the time and space to make their own decisions without further destabilizing or hurting them psychologically seems like a great way to go. Whether or not more research can be delegated towards producing more effective hormone blockers would be a whole other issue on its own anyway.

That being said, Blaire brings up a couple of key points, the irreversibility of transitioning and the permanence of such decisions etc. They are fair points, but Blaire needs to consider the proponents of such arguments a lot more seriously than she did in the video.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Also this
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

I dislike the term woke. It makes you sound stupid. Just say socially conscience. Also I dislike the terms pupper and doggie along with grandcat and anything that implies a pet is the same as a child.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

I Used to found the word "cuck" funny, before the word was related to whatever political afiliation someone is insulting, it was used To make fun of Louis C.K aka "cuck king" because of his massive use of jokes that had to do with cuckolds and all that.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 09-19-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I Used to foubd the word "cuck" funny, before the word was related to whatever political afiliation someone is insulting, it was used To make fun of Louis C.K aka "cuck king" because of his massive use of jokes that had to do with cuckolds and all that.
    I just think it's funny when someone uses cuck in a political argument and they think they've made a point.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I just think it's funny when someone uses cuck in a political argument and they think they've made a point.
    I am still impress about how the term became relevant today online, it started as a mindless joke about a comedian, then it came the racist connotation, what i mean is that some people in the chans started using when they were refering to black men having sex with another one wife, then it got to twitter where right wing personalities started using it and now i have seen people who could be described as left leaning/progressives using that word, like the young turks.