Page 419 of 441 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 6609
    Extraordinary Member

...I'm a world History teacher, so at least I have an excuse.

...Besides, thinking about the Napoleonic Empire is where it's at!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Uh-oh, I just did it again. I thought about the Roman Empire once more! I don't know how I can ever stop...
    Have you tried cold showers or being locked in a room with hungry lions?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Have you tried cold showers or being locked in a room with hungry lions?
    The lion thing, but not the cold showers. The lions really did like their Lion Chow though.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is no anti-vaxxer.

Why are they calling him an anti-vaxxer? Robert F. Kennedy Jr. himself has said that he is not an anti-vaxxer. He just wants "safe vaccines", meaning vaccines proven safe.

“It’s that the media will not report what I say,” he says. “They call me an anti-vaxxer. I’ve never been an anti-vaxxer on any vaccine. I was trying to get mercury out of fish for 40 years and nobody called me anti-fish. I want safe vaccines. I want good science. I want to have vaccines that are tested against placebos like every other medicine, prior [to] licensure. I think most people would agree with that. I tell it to every reporter like you and you won’t report it.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023...nedy-interview

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post

Why are they calling him an anti-vaxxer? Robert F. Kennedy Jr. himself has said that he is not an anti-vaxxer. He just wants "safe vaccines", meaning vaccines proven safe.

“It’s that the media will not report what I say,” he says. “They call me an anti-vaxxer. I’ve never been an anti-vaxxer on any vaccine. I was trying to get mercury out of fish for 40 years and nobody called me anti-fish. I want safe vaccines. I want good science. I want to have vaccines that are tested against placebos like every other medicine, prior [to] licensure. I think most people would agree with that. I tell it to every reporter like you and you won’t report it.”

Why do you still support this asshole?

How Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Became the Anti-vaxxer Icon of America’s Nightmares

Fact check: RFK Jr. claimed he’s never told people to avoid vaccination. He did – less than two years ago

Feldman: Robert Kennedy Jr. chooses garbage science

Robert Kennedy Jr., With Musk, Pushes Right-Wing Ideas and Misinformation

Vaccines saved 10s of millions of lives and have NEVER caused autism. His entire family is ashamed of him.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-28-2023 at 05:13 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Safe vaccines" is the "forced bussing" of the anti-vaxxer movement.
    Dark does not mean deep.

In other words, he claims that he only wants what's already happening, while denying that it's happening.

It's like the people who claim they're not bigoted against trans people, they just don't want little boys being marched into surgery because they played with a doll one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Why do you still support this asshole?

His entire family is ashamed of him.
    True, since some of them are working in the Biden administration. Caroline Kennedy is the US ambassador to Australia. Joe Kennedy III is the US special envoy to Ireland.

Even Douglas Harriman Kennedy, one of RFK Jr.'s siblings, a FOX News correspondent and a sef-avowed Repuiblican, refused to endorse or support RFK Jr.'s political views

True, since some of them are working in the Biden administration. Caroline Kennedy is the US ambassador to Australia. Joe Kennedy III is the US special envoy to Ireland.

Even Douglas Harriman Kennedy, one of RFK Jr.'s siblings, a FOX News correspondent and a sef-avowed Repuiblican, refused to endorse or support RFK Jr.'s political views
    You think, just maybe, they know something about him? Or do you dismiss every one else in a family that has given so much to this country.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

RFK Jr. is building a presidential campaign around conspiracy theories

And now he isn't even running as a Democrat. His Father and Uncles are turning over in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    RFK Jr. is building a presidential campaign around conspiracy theories

And now he isn't even running as a Democrat. His Father and Uncles are turning over in their graves.
    His union busting uncle can go kick rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    oh! You hate JFK as well as Lincoln. Why am I not surprised?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It was RFK Sr. who went after the Teamsters and Jimmy Hoffa.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    It was RFK Sr. who went after the Teamsters and Jimmy Hoffa.
    https://www.jfklibrary.org/archives/...-bill-19580822

Remarks of Senator John F. Kennedy on the Labor Reform Bill in the Senate, Washington, D.C., August 22, 1958
    Only the Jimmy Hoffas and the Nathan Sheffermans can find satisfaction in the failure of this Congress to pass the Labor Reform Bill – generally known as the Kennedy-Ives bill. Honest union members, informed business men, responsible labor leaders, law enforcement officers, and the general public – all of these will suffer as the result of this bill’s death in the House of Representatives.

Those who voted against this bill, and who lobbied for its defeat, must bear a heavy responsibility during the coming months when racketeering and gangsterism in the labor movement continue unchecked. I cannot believe that the American people will accept some technical or procedural argument offered by way of excuse for the defeat of a bill which would have put Mr. Hoffa and his ilk out of business.