Page 421 of 441 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 6606

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    #30 posts a video clearly shitting on Lincoln by saying his brother-in-law got off with a stern warning after delivering bad meat that got people killed. In actual reality the man lost his position even after an investigation exonerated him, whether due to nepotism or not.

Instead of making up statements that weren't stated or trying to make facts fit the story I want them to tell, I just looked at and posted what I found to show the entirety of the story. Don't complain about posters here if the story isn't exactly as you described it. If you're going to complain about people not teaching the entirety of history, present the entirety of the history involved instead of being indignant when it's pointed out you didn't. You were wrong, own it.
    From Lincoln Himself.

Which is absolutely what did happen.

Was there military procedure once there was an actual scandal?

Sure.

That doesn't change what actually did take place. Lincoln could very easily have had the man dishonorably discharged. That clearly did not take place if he was simply reassigned.

Again, the degree that folks want to talk about everything but looking at the entirety of history is noteworthy.

Past that...

Yes. If you prove yourself incapable of actually making sure your sub-contractors are not providing meat that will kill prisoners of war?

You will be relieved of that responsibility.

The idea that you being relieved of that responsibility actually amounts to anything like actual consequences?

It is honestly hard not to laugh at.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From Lincoln Himself.

Which is absolutely what did happen.
    The Video you provided didn't even mention that he was ever removed from his position over this, just a Stern Warning and nothing else for actions resulting in deaths. As it apparently didn't happen as they/you described according to what we've found out: prove it. Show us this stern warning from Lincoln himself which didn't stop them from removing him from his position over this. Show us direct evidence of the nepotism you think is so clearly proved already by the evidence you've shown us so far.

I'm happy enough to admit I'm wrong if proven so, how about you?

The Video you provided didn't even mention that he was ever removed from his position over this, just a Stern Warning and nothing else for actions resulting in deaths. As it apparently didn't happen as they/you described according to what we've found out: prove it. Show us this stern warning from Lincoln himself which didn't stop them from removing him from his position over this. Show us direct evidence of the nepotism you think is so clearly proved already by the evidence you've shown us so far.

I'm happy enough to admit I'm wrong if proven so, how about you?
    He had the contract to start with.

Nepotism(as defined...):

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nepotism

favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship

Past that..

You clearly have the Army take the duty back of after someone else is obviously incapable of successfully doing it.

Which means that the Army was capable of doing it the entire time.

Clear reason why they would not be?

Nepotism.

Plain as day. Even more so when the person that duty was given to was clearly incapable of policing sub-contractors.

So no evidence, just conjecture you want the facts to confirm.

Oh: "President Lincoln's brother-in-law, Ninian Wirt Edwards, a Union Army captain"

The Army never relinquished control, so it seems you know less about the subject you brought up than you let on.

So no evidence, just conjecture you want the facts to confirm.

Oh: "President Lincoln's brother-in-law, Ninian Wirt Edwards, a Union Army captain"

The Army never relinquished control, so it seems you know less about the subject you brought up than you let on.
    From your post...

Despite Edwards' exoneration and his relationship with the President, the Army took control of subsistence at the camp away from Edwards on January 27, 1864
    While I guess that I get not wanting to buy into that the Army relinquished control?

You do not have to take control away from someone who does not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    From your post...

While I guess that I get not wanting to buy into that the Army relinquished control?

You do not have to take control away from someone who does not have it.
    If you work for Corp X, and are put in charge of a project which you then mess up, and Corp X takes control of the project away from you and hands it to some other employee, at no point was Corp X not in overall control, since everyone involved was one of their employees.

The whole bit with Army Captain Edwards is the same. The Army put an Army Captain in charge, didn't like the results, and put a different Army officer in charge. At no point does the Army not have ultimate control, they merely changed which officer that control was delegated to.

It's not a hard thing to follow, unless one is being deliberately obtuse.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-01-2023 at 03:45 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If you work for Corp X, and are put in charge of a project which you then mess up, and Corp X takes control of the project away from you and hands it to some other employee, at no point was Corp X not in overall control, since everyone involved was one of their employees.

The whole but with Army Captain Edwards is the same. The Army put an Army Captain in charge, didn't like the results, and put a different Army officer in charge. At no point does the Army not have ultimate control, they merely changed which officer that control was delegated to.

It's not a hard thing to follow, unless one is being deliberately obtuse.
    Agreed, it's not that hard to understand.

------

-----

What changed since April? You seemed to realize he was fraud more than a year ago, why the change?
    I believe I already mentioned my reason before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I don't care about his anti-vax views but I respect and admire his commitment to protecting the environment. His effort in helping to clean up Hudson River was quite impressive.

Initially I didn't watch the junior's candidacy announcement when it came out.

But When I decided to listen to him later, I was quite moved by his speech “My mission over the next 18 months of this campaign and throughout my presidency will be to end the corrupt merger of state and corporate power that is threatening now — threatening now — to impose a new kind of corporate feudalism in our country; to commoditize our children, our purple mountain’s majesty; to poison our children and our people with chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs; to strip-mine our assets; to hollow out the middle class and keep us in a constant state of war.”

He said exactly what many people who were dissatisfied with the Trump and Biden administrations wanted to hear.

The junior may not be half the person his father was but maybe he is the one who is worthy to inherit his father's legacy. Maybe he is the one we should elect to the presidency. Maybe I will vote for him in the primary.

I changed my mind when I listened to his speech announcing his bid for the White House.

His conspiracy theories and anti-vax rhetoric are irrelevant for me. I don't care about them and I don't agree with some of his political views, but I believe in some of and his other political positions especially Marijuana decriminalization and "common sense" gun control. I also believe in his commitment to protecting the environment.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/wher...-psychedelics/

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I believe I already mentioned my reason before.

I changed my mind when I listened to his speech announcing his bid for the White House.

His conspiracy theories and anti-vax rhetoric are irrelevant for me. I don't care about them and I don't agree with some of his political views, but I believe in some of and his other political positions especially Marijuana decriminalization and "common sense" gun control. I also believe in his commitment to protecting the environment.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/wher...-psychedelics/
    If his conspiracy theories and anti-vax rhetoric didn't matter to you, you wouldn't have made posts in here about how he's not anti-vaccine to convince others. Honestly I don't think any politician with such outlandish beliefs that fly in the face of evidence should be given any reigns of power, as you don't know what crazy story in defiance of reality they will chose to believe next. We had enough of that with Trump.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Kyrie Irvin saying they by that I do mean the Brooklyn Nets don't need a Head Coach is a very inane statement, and is as stupid as saying a Movie doesn't need a Director since it goes against logic and common sense.

The Head Coach makes the decisions of what plays to use. He can see what needs to be improved during practices. Also, the Head Coach is responsible for scouting opponents, motivating the team, and developing game plans.
    He didn't elaborate or provide an explanation for how exactly the Nets without a Head Coach could prosper as a team or run smoothly without flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Kyrie Irvin saying they by that I do mean the Brooklyn Nets don't need a Head Coach is a very inane statement, and is as stupid as saying a Movie doesn't need a Director since it goes against logic and common sense.

The Head Coach makes the decisions of what plays to use. He can see what needs to be improved during practices. Also, the Head Coach is responsible for scouting opponents, motivating the team, and developing game plans.
    He didn't elaborate or provide an explanation for how exactly the Nets without a Head Coach could prosper as a team or run smoothly without flaws.
    Haven't you realized that Kyrie Irving has gone quite insane for a while now?

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Yes since he goes with being far outside the box.

Extraordinary Member

I am thinking of changing my name to "Director X". Yes, it would be stealing. No, I don't care, Director X is too good.