Page 422 of 440 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 6600
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Nickleback being hated by the haters because the songs are formulaic is a very ridiculous reason, also the reason is hypocritical and very dumb since AeroSmith, AC DC, and multiple other bands aren't hated for that same reason.
    Of all the reasons I've read for why Nickelback is hated all of which are unjustified that in my opinion is the dumbest mainly because it's very hypocritical since they aren't hating vast other bands for that same factual reason.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Nickleback being hated by the haters because the songs are formulaic is a very ridiculous reason, also the reason is hypocritical and very dumb since AeroSmith, AC DC, and multiple other bands aren't hated for that same reason.
    Of all the reasons I've read for why Nickelback is hated all of which are unjustified that in my opinion is the dumbest mainly because it's very hypocritical since they aren't hating vast other bands for that same factual reason.
    I don't think that Nickleback is hated solely for being formulaic. As you say, that's a charge that could be levied against a hundred musicians/entertainers over the decades. And many of them would admit it...they stick to what works/what the audience wants. I think if you asked "the haters" they'd probably say they don't like NB for being a less interesting combination of a few more interesting bands ( Pearl Jam, The Who, STP, etc ).

On the other hand, they sold tons of records so not everyone hates them.

Man, I don't know about Aerosmith.

Back before Done With Mirrors, they cast a little bit wider net than folks ever really gave them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I don't think that Nickleback is hated solely for being formulaic. As you say, that's a charge that could be levied against a hundred musicians/entertainers over the decades. And many of them would admit it...they stick to what works/what the audience wants. I think if you asked "the haters" they'd probably say they don't like NB for being a less interesting combination of a few more interesting bands ( Pearl Jam, The Who, STP, etc ).

On the other hand, they sold tons of records so not everyone hates them.

I know that not everyone hates them because I'm a Nickelback fan, and vast others are.

I didn't say that was the only reason.

This article lists factual reasons why they are hated which doesn't justify the hatred.

https://metalheadcommunity.com/10-re...-so-much-hate/

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, I don't know about Aerosmith.

Back before Done With Mirrors, they cast a little bit wider net than folks ever really gave them credit for.

Okay, I'm wrong Aerosmith isn't in that category.

Internet groupthink. See Comic Sans.

Myself, I'm not really a fan of Nickelback but it's more that prefer to listen to something else, but I'm not going to demand OFF as the channel if it's the only alternative to them.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Nah, it's just because they're ****. And it's not just them. I hate a lot of bands who are ****. They were just the most popular **** band at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Internet groupthink. See Comic Sans.
    Comic Sans is a perfectly fine font in its place.

That place is the local daycare centre.

Myself, I'm not really a fan of Nickelback but it's more that prefer to listen to something else, but I'm not going to demand OFF as the channel if it's the only alternative to them.
    I'd rather listen to the screeching monkeys inside my head than listen to Nickelback. Because they're ****.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I don’t know if this qualifies as controversial, but, I’ve always thought of the Force from Star Wars as nothing more than a combination of telepathy and telekinesis.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-22-2023 at 02:56 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Comic Sans is my favorite font. I wouldn't use it for contracts or dissertation but I don't see what problem people have with it for any unofficial stuff.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Retired

I wouldn't trust anyone who can't spell nickel.

The name of the band doesn't come from the fifth defensive back in Canadian football. And it doesn't even come from the fact that the beaver is on the back of the Canadian nickel (which refers back to the fur trade when beaver pelts were the common currency). It actually comes from when Mike Kroeger worked at Starbucks and would give customers a nickel back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wouldn't trust anyone who can't spell nickel.

The name of the band doesn't come from the fifth defensive back in Canadian football. And it doesn't even come from the fact that the beaver is on the back of the Canadian nickel (which refers back to the fur trade when beaver pelts were the common currency). It actually comes from when Mike Kroeger worked at Starbucks and would give customers a nickel back.
    I worry more about all the people in the Batman section of the Forum who keep spelling Batman's son's name with an "e" . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Comic Sans is my favorite font. I wouldn't use it for contracts or dissertation but I don't see what problem people have with it for any unofficial stuff.
    I'm thinking of two comics I've seen about the font. The first is someone trying to stop a beating, until the perpetrators tell him the guy they are beating is the man who invented Comic Sans, where our would be peacemaker immediately starts yelling "he wants to taste the curb."

The other is about someone who does because the lifesaving medical advice was written in Comic Sans, which sets him off into a rant about it every time. And part of the hate involved refusing to read anything written in it no matter what.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm thinking of two comics I've seen about the font. The first is someone trying to stop a beating, until the perpetrators tell him the guy they are beating is the man who invented Comic Sans, where our would be peacemaker immediately starts yelling "he wants to taste the curb."

The other is about someone who does because the lifesaving medical advice was written in Comic Sans, which sets him off into a rant about it every time. And part of the hate involved refusing to read anything written in it no matter what.
    Wow, people are really weird sometimes.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member

Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP