Page 43 of 441 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Invincible Member

We had a men's movement back in the late 80's early 90's and some people made jokes about guys beating drums in the woods. However, those guys trying to get in touch with their masculinity would actually hang out with other guys, do physical stuff, read heroic fiction, embrace their heritage as hunters and gathers.

Some of these guys these days think embracing masculinity means being an internet troll and picking fights with 20-something "feminists".

Mark Millar's success can only be explained by a deal with The Devil.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Doggie doesn't imply anything. It's just an affectionate term for dogs. All dogs (except the crap little ones) are doggies to me. The tiny ones are rats.

I don't like the word "oblong". I have no valid reason for that. I just don't like the way it rolls off my tongue. I was a little bit annoyed a few years ago when I found out that it doesn't have the same meaning as "rectangle", and the word "oblong" actually had a valid reason to exist.
    Woke was okay till it started being taken from its original context and being used all over the place. Also, the people who like to say they're woke are usually the ones who don't know what they're talking about and think spreading myths, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience makes them intelligent and conscious.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I don't know why Mark Millar's Jupiter's Legacy is all that well liked. (Besides of course, the wonderful Quitely art.) It's one of Mark Millar's more better received comic books, by the look of things. Even those who usually don't like Mark Millar comics like Jupiter Legacy. I'm making gross generalizations here, but I don't see a lot of hate for this book unlike fellow Mark Millar comics Nemesis and The Unfunnies. Personally it gave me a sour taste in my mouth. Jupiter's Legacy is essentially just a rehash of a million other superhero deconstructionist comics.
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 09-23-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Fanart and fanfiction are trash

you're not an artist because you put some scribblings up on DeviantArt

you're not a writer because you posted some scribblings on this or any other forum and other self deluded "writers" told you they liked it

Ehhh while I kind of agree with this. At least they are trying, so I give that credit on that but man their fan theories and stuff....geez
    Last edited by Vinsanity; 09-24-2017 at 02:18 AM.

you're not a writer because you posted some scribblings on this or any other forum and other self deluded "writers" told you they liked it
    Of course you are. It may not be up to professional standards (though I have seen loads of published work that isn't either) but if you produce art or write you are an artist or writer by definition.

I teach art and i have beginners always say "I'm not an artist but..." I say, if you are doing art, you're an artist.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Woke was okay till it started being taken from its original context and being used all over the place. Also, the people who like to say they're woke are usually the ones who don't know what they're talking about and think spreading myths, conspiracy theories, and pseudoscience makes them intelligent and conscious.
    I had to google that to find out what it meant. I've never heard anyone use it until this thread.

Even then, considering the way conspiracy theorists like to go around saying "WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!" it's just going to make me think that person is a conspiracy theorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I don't know why Mark Millar's Jupiter's Legacy is all that well liked. (Besides of course, the wonderful Quitely art.) It's one of Mark Millar's more better received comic books, by the look of things. Even those who usually don't like Mark Millar comics like Jupiter Legacy. I'm making gross generalizations here, but I don't see a lot of hate for this book unlike fellow Mark Millar comics Nemesis and The Unfunnies. Personally it gave me a sour taste in my mouth. Jupiter's Legacy is essentially just a rehash of a million other superhero deconstructionist comics.
    I like Millar's work, and I liked Jupiter's Legacy, but I'm inclined to half agree. I think the only thing which raises it above his other work is Quitely's wonderful art.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Of course you are. It may not be up to professional standards (though I have seen loads of published work that isn't either) but if you produce art or write you are an artist or writer by definition.
    Almost word for word what I was going to say.

No-one else gets to tell you you aren't a writer or artist.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Mark Millar's success can only be explained by a deal with The Devil.
    I really enjoy Millar's work, I will read pretty much anything he puts out and am seldom disappointed.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Kid Rock for President!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Kid Rock for President!
    He's not house broken. At least Trump knows how to shower with soap and dress himself properly for the office.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Kid Rock for President!
    Not that "Controversial".

I'm thinking "Michael Rapaport For President!".

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

I agree. Most of this so-called writing is self-indulgent twaddle replete grammatical errors and devoid of structure, coherence and originality. Don't deluded people know what an editor is for?

Invincible Member

If the same artists that are drawing Carol Danvers drew her in the exact same way they do now only with long hair, no one would be saying that Marvel is trying to make her masculine.