Page 45 of 440 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thing is, those illegal copies of movies don't really come from the states. (the ones highly downloaded at least)

They are mostly recorded in Korea or/and Russia. So yeah, it's a good idea but i'm not sure that it would have that great an impact for being honest.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Maybe I'm alone here, but I could care less about the new Star Wars film coming out in December. My enjoyment of the franchise ended after Episode Three and I haven't watched any of the films that came out after that. In my mind, the franchise has played itself out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    For the persons caught illegally recording a movie a new law which is the 1st offense the person can't see a movie in that movie theater for 3 months and a 500 dollars fine, 2nd offense can't see movies in any theaters of the State where that person lives for 1 year and a 1,000 dollars fine, 3rd strike they can't see movies in the theaters where he or she lives for 10 years and a 5,000 dollars fine, plus 5 years in a Prison.

It's undeniably theft, and worse the excuses of persons are buying the illegal copies or using illegal downloads when a easy solution stop illegally recording the movies in theaters, and providing the illegal recording of feature movies to other persons.
    They generally don't check the IDs of people who are adults at the theater. How is someone going to know if I bootlegged a film there a month ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    It's undeniably theft, and worse the excuses of persons are buying the illegal copies or using illegal downloads when a easy solution stop illegally recording the movies in theaters, and providing the illegal recording of feature movies to other persons.
    It is completely deniable - because piracy isn't theft, but it is similar:

piracy-is-not-theft-handy-guide.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe I'm alone here, but I could care less about the new Star Wars film coming out in December. My enjoyment of the franchise ended after Episode Three and I haven't watched any of the films that came out after that. In my mind, the franchise has played itself out.
    Fair enough, but you do realise you jumped off at the worse possible point. You stuck it out through the dross and then stopped just before it got good again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    It is completely deniable - because piracy isn't theft, but it is similar:

piracy-is-not-theft-handy-guide.jpg
    semantics

piracy gives one possession of something they obtained unlawfully

THEFT

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    semantics

THEFT
    We're only calling it piracy because the free radio stations back in the 60s and 70s often broadcasted from ships. And the word was specifically chosen to make what they were doing sound more dangerous and criminal than merely breaking copyright law.

Making a copy is piracy, not paying the owner for it is theft.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They generally don't check the IDs of people who are adults at the theater. How is someone going to know if I bootlegged a film there a month ago?
    Because once caught a picture is shown with the name to the movie theaters, and credit cards and debit cards have names.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My hope is placed in the standalone movies (Han Solo aside). Rogue One was great. Force Awakens killed all interest in sequels for theese characters

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    My hope is placed in the standalone movies (Han Solo aside). Rogue One was great. Force Awakens killed all interest in sequels for theese characters
    Amen. There is still hope for that galaxy far far away thanks to the side projects.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    semantics

THEFT
    Piracy gives you possession. Theft both gives possession and takes it away from the original owner.

That's not semantics. That's an important distinction.

All-New Member

The "outdated homework" thing currently trending on twitter.

I dont see the problem. The teacher didnt cross out surgeon, they add "or nurse" which also fit as an answer to the question being both a position at a hopspital a lady can do and has UR in it. Outrage over nothing as usual.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I can't understand why kopi luwak (civet coffee) is very expensive. I have never tried this before so I don't know how it tastes, but I read on the net that some people who drank it commented that it is hardly better than any average coffee.

Who's going to pay US$80 for a cup of coffee made from cat poop?
    I would. No more feeding the hungry and poor for me. Just buying expensive coffee now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast View Post
    The "outdated homework" thing currently trending on twitter.

I dont see the problem. The teacher didnt cross out surgeon, they add "or nurse" which also fit as an answer to the question being both a position at a hopspital a lady can do and has UR in it. Outrage over nothing as usual.
    I just had to Google that.

The teacher wasn't too bad, but the worksheet itself is. A nurse is not a "hospital lady" any more than a surgeon is. They're both people of either gender who do a particular job - but the sheet is clearly fishing for "nurse" as the answer.