Page 51 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Anacondas The Hunt For The Blood Orchid is a decent sequel that's why it's asinine and nonsensical that it was nominated for worst sequel for the Razzies, and it shouldn't have been nominated.

Dominos which used to be Dominos Pizza never should have made a commercial about that change because it's removing 1 word a minor change.
    Also Dominos shouldn't have made a commercial about other companies to save money aren't making great quality pizza because that is something persons could discover when eating the pizza.

It's great that Triple H was never cast as Thor for a Thor movie because he's not a great actor, and utterly unqualified.
    Dominos shouldn't call what they make pizza. It's a pizza like product.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

It's great that Triple H was never cast as Thor for a Thor movie because he's not a great actor, and utterly unqualified.
    Not sure if this is controversial, but Chris Hemsworth proved he is himself an excellent actor when he portrayed Formula 1 driver William Hunt in 'Rush' (2013), but has instead focused on easy box office money as his primary source of income, with Thor at the centre of it. That's fair enough, but 'Rush' has shown us that he's capable of so much more.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

The last vote in the Favorite Female Character thread just reminded me of this: The final nail in the coffin for me not wanting to give the Suicide Squad movie a shot was that it featured Harley Quinn so squarely. I've been a fan of Harley since she first appeared in the old Batman cartoon, but I've also been a little baffled as her popularity skyrocketed ... particularly as she started featuring so prominently as a super/anti-hero, because I'm kind of lost on how that makes any sense. No super powers, or super batfamily-like fighting skills, or super-tech, or even military/combat training to be made ridiculously effective in proper comic-book fashion. She doesn't even have the super-unrealistic comic super-genius thing going ... I mean, I get that a spunky personality can take you far, but even Jubilee had the fireworks thing going, before she became a vampire. Harley can coast on a super-powered team purely on personality alone, apparently.

Which is all good, but I read Suicide Squad from back in the 80s, and while the Sqad members changed all around (kind of had to, what with all the ones dying and everything), Waller was really the continuous thread through the book. Basically, it was her team -- so, her book. So yeah, for all that some would no doubt criticize it as an "SJW" opinion, not really down with how it seemed like the movie was centered around Harley more than Waller. The one is the whole reason the team exists, at all ... the other, kind of like I said, not really even sure why she's there.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Not sure if this is controversial, but Chris Hemsworth proved he is himself an excellent actor when he portrayed Formula 1 driver William Hunt in 'Rush' (2013), but has instead focused on easy box office money as his primary source of income, with Thor at the centre of it. That's fair enough, but 'Rush' has shown us that he's capable of so much more.
    Agreed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    The last vote in the Favorite Female Character thread just reminded me of this: The final nail in the coffin for me not wanting to give the Suicide Squad movie a shot was that it featured Harley Quinn so squarely. I've been a fan of Harley since she first appeared in the old Batman cartoon, but I've also been a little baffled as her popularity skyrocketed ... particularly as she started featuring so prominently as a super/anti-hero, because I'm kind of lost on how that makes any sense. No super powers, or super batfamily-like fighting skills, or super-tech, or even military/combat training to be made ridiculously effective in proper comic-book fashion. She doesn't even have the super-unrealistic comic super-genius thing going ... I mean, I get that a spunky personality can take you far, but even Jubilee had the fireworks thing going, before she became a vampire. Harley can coast on a super-powered team purely on personality alone, apparently.

Which is all good, but I read Suicide Squad from back in the 80s, and while the Sqad members changed all around (kind of had to, what with all the ones dying and everything), Waller was really the continuous thread through the book. Basically, it was her team -- so, her book. So yeah, for all that some would no doubt criticize it as an "SJW" opinion, not really down with how it seemed like the movie was centered around Harley more than Waller. The one is the whole reason the team exists, at all ... the other, kind of like I said, not really even sure why she's there.
    You have a very detailed yet not accurate recollection of a movie you didn't give a shot.

Waller has almost as much screen time as Quinn. If there's one element that doesn't fit in a Suicide Squad movie then it's Will Smiths Definitely-Not-Deadshot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You have a very detailed yet not accurate recollection of a movie you didn't give a shot.

Waller has almost as much screen time as Quinn. If there's one element that doesn't fit in a Suicide Squad movie then it's Will Smiths Definitely-Not-Deadshot.
    Will Smith was very much Deadshot

Floyd Lawton loves his daughter, is also a lapsed Catholic

HQ is popular because shes damaged, I dont get it but it is what it is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Will Smith was very much Deadshot

Floyd Lawton loves his daughter, is also a lapsed Catholic

HQ is popular because shes damaged, I dont get it but it is what it is
    Deadshot would have shot Harley Quinn without a second thought when Waller told him to. With none of that only shooting the bad guys stuff.

BANNED

Deadshot would have shot Harley Quinn without a second thought when Waller told him to. With none of that only shooting the bad guys stuff.
    he also lives to piss certain people off

with no guarantee of money from Waller

Man, up for debate.

They are in a situation where there is a very real possibility that Waller will get killed without being able to detonate those nano-bombs. I tend to believe that Deadshot would play those odds.

She obviously isn't going to kill him on that rooftop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, up for debate.

They are in a situation where there is a very real possibility that Waller will get killed without being able to detonate those nano-bombs. I tend to believe that Deadshot would play those odds.

She obviously isn't going to kill him on that rooftop.
    In the comics Deadshot was a volunteer who didn't need blackmail or an explosive armband to get him to follow orders.

In the comics Deadshot was a volunteer who didn't need blackmail or an explosive armband to get him to follow orders.
    Unless I'm recalling it all wrong, Floyd disobeys Waller's orders during Countdown To Final Crisis. Let alone how Salvation Run plays out.

Throw that into the mix with the film's layout, and it doesn't seem entirely out of character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless I'm recalling it all wrong, Floyd disobeys Waller's orders during Countdown To Final Crisis. Let alone how Salvation Run plays out.

Throw that into the mix with the film's layout, and it doesn't seem entirely out of character.
    Those are not the two stories you want to be referencing with regards to characterisation of anybody invlved.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

i REALLY didn't like Thor Ragnarock. and GOTG 2 was NOT funny. Also Session 9 did nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    i REALLY didn't like Thor Ragnarock. and GOTG 2 was NOT funny. Also Session 9 did nothing for me.
    Are you me or what?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I think the Clone Wars would have been even better if it just solely concentrated on the engagements of the different divisions of the clone troopers while maybe highlighting Jedi that WASN'T Obi Wan, and Anikin. Because episodes like The Battle Umbara REALLY justifies the whole clone wars saga, if not the entire prequel trilogy.