Page 52 of 440 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Are you me or what?
    I didn't really like Thor either. It's not a bad movie it's just not what i want in a Thor film. I feel that the MCU uses forced humor as a crutch, and i fear people think that should be the standard for Comic adaptations now. I haven't really enjoyed much Marvel films after phase 2 i believe. I love the Netflix shows though, despite Defenders, and Iron Fist being kinda duds.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I didn't really like Thor either. It's not a bad movie it's just not what i want in a Thor film. I feel that the MCU uses forced humor as a crutch, and i fear people think that should be the standard for Comic adaptations now. I haven't really enjoyed much Marvel films after phase 2 i believe. I love the Netflix shows though, despite Defenders, and Iron Fist being kinda duds.

Call me humorless but i didnt laught during thor or the new spider-man, specially with spider-man who is suppose to be funny, i think is in the way how the actor protray emotiob, i still remember having a fun time during spider-man 1 and 2.

With thor, yeah i would have prefered if the plot had focused more on Asgard and less funny and more epic adventure like in the old thor comics.

Dont know if controversial or not but i hate the word latinx, besides not making sense there is already a gender neutral word latino or latin, it is latin, i dont know why some people would push this word while ignoring the vocabulary of the spanish language.

BANNED

Note to homosexuals. Would you really want to eat a wedding cake made by someone who thinks your lifestyle is an abomination? The Help chocolate pie scene. You can have your cake but would you really want to eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Question View Post
    Note to homosexuals. Would you really want to eat a wedding cake made by someone who thinks your lifestyle is an abomination? The Help chocolate pie scene. You can have your cake but would you really want to eat it?
    When I buy food, I don't think about the political ideology of the seller. I hope they are professional and do their best no matter who the costumer is.
    Should I find out if chefs at restaurants I visit hate Jews?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Ok so this opinion is kinda dicey, but i think it's perfectly fine for people to ask Al Franken to step down. My issue is that people seem to not understand this is not about "party loyalty" in regards to supporting people like Al, or Roy Moore, this is about policy. Policy that effects a lot of people, for better or for worse. THIS is why people are supporting problematic people like Roy Moore. Having said that i personally don't think Franken should resign. Hell even his critics like Ana Marie Cox said she might vote for him again. He diffidently doesn't deserve to be put in the same convo as Roy Moore...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    latino is not gender neutral. latino is male and latina is female.
    There is still Latin, no need for the X unless you are an x-men

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Ok so this opinion is kinda dicey, but i think it's perfectly fine for people to ask Al Franken to step down. My issue is that people seem to not understand this is not about "party loyalty" in regards to supporting people like Al, or Roy Moore, this is about policy. Policy that effects a lot of people, for better or for worse. THIS is why people are supporting problematic people like Roy Moore. Having said that i personally don't think Franken should resign. Hell even his critics like Ana Marie Cox said she might vote for him again. He diffidently doesn't deserve to be put in the same convo as Roy Moore...ugh.
    I think it's a case of pick your poison. We're definitely in a morton's fork situation here, especially with the type of bills republicans are trying to thrust through with razor thin margins where every vote counts. Speaking of which getting another Dem in that seat is going to be tough. But Dems wanted him gone, so they're going to have to live with their decisions one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When I buy food, I don't think about the political ideology of the seller. I hope they are professional and do their best no matter who the costumer is.
    Should I find out if chefs at restaurants I visit hate Jews?
    In order for what you are talking about to be along the lines of what The Question is talking about, the chef would have to have volunteered that he'd rather not cook for a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    In order for what you are talking about to be along the lines of what The Question is talking about, the chef would have to have volunteered that he'd rather not cook for a Jew.
    The Gay couple did not know that the baker would refuse until they ordered the cake. So If the waiter tells me when I order that the chef won't cook for Jews, I should just leave?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The Gay couple did not know that the baker would refuse until they ordered the cake. So If the waiter tells me when I order that the chef won't cook for Jews, I should just leave?
    Should you patronize someone who thinks they shouldn't even have to cook for you?

While I see what you are saying, I personally don't see the "Win" in a situation where they wind up with your money in their pocket.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Before integration, African-American communities had black owned businesses, banks, real estate, restaurants, hotels, movie houses, auto shops, grocery stores, etc. Black supply and black demand nurtured thriving communities and kept them viable. We had more control of our destiny. Integration on many levels took away our self-reliance, self-determination, pride, social/economic cohesiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Should you patronize someone who thinks they shouldn't even have to cook for you?

While I see what you are saying, I personally don't see the "Win" in a situation where they wind up with your money in their pocket.
    So those Black civil rights protesters shouldn't have bothered going to lunch counters where they weren't wanted. Right?

Why are gay people even coming out of the closet, if it upsets people?

So those Black civil rights protesters shouldn't have bothered going to lunch counters where they weren't wanted. Right?

Different question.

If someone should be able to get service anywhere, is not the same question as "Once I know where they stand, should I give them money knowing where they stand?"

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

If Afro-Americans weren't so concerned with rubbing elbows in white society and spent their time and energy developing and investing in and their own communities, we could have achieved more unanimity. A solid fist has more power than five individual fingers. But it doesn't make much difference now, considering the current social and political landscape.