Page 7 of 440 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

I don't understand the hoopla over Jennifer Lawrence. Her acting is nothing to run home for and her whole "relate able" facade of falling down at red carpets and eating french fries seems like a smoke screen for her plans of world domination.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't understand the hoopla over Jennifer Lawrence. Her acting is nothing to run home for
    I feel the same. I don't get it. The only movies I have seen her in is Xmen and Hunger Games and well... it esems like a role any actor could play

Maybe she is awesome in those other boring films i will never watch ll
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I don't understand the hoopla over Jennifer Lawrence. Her acting is nothing to run home for and her whole "relate able" facade of falling down at red carpets and eating french fries seems like a smoke screen for her plans of world domination.
    She can emote relatively well and she delivers her lines with conviction, while looking pretty and doofy at the same time.

So, she's Tom Cruise without the Scientology.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I think Halle Berry is a good actress but has poor taste in the roles she picks.

I'm interested in seeing more movies starring Disney villains. Hope Dr Facilier gets a solo movie at some point.

Raiden was just as good a character in Metal Gear Solid 2. People's reasons for hating him were shallow.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-09-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I feel the same. I don't get it. The only movies I have seen her in is Xmen and Hunger Games and well... it esems like a role any actor could play

Maybe she is awesome in those other boring films i will never watch ll
    It's weird because I kind of liked her in First Class the first time around, but on further re watches, I realized she wasn't that good.

So, she's Tom Cruise without the Scientology.
    If she's Tom Cruise, then I was right about the world domination

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

While other actresses could have played Katniss, she did well in the role an carried the movies to the approval of fans.
    As far as her acting, better to judge her from Silver Lining Playbook and American Hustle.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Agent Z sees something I noticed:

I think Halle Berry is a good actress but has poor taste in the roles she picks.
    I think Halle Berry is a medium-level actress that can be really good if she has a good director or a good script, but left to her own devices doesn't rise above mediocre.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Even as bullshit awards go, the Razzies are just the laziest, full of it awards or criticism.

"No, seriously, Faye Dunaway and Susan Sarandon are the worst actresses we saw all year," sort of lazy.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

That someone disagrees with you about a comic or comics character is not proof they aren't a fan, or are a fair weather fan, or haven't read the comic. They may just disagree with you.

And, not being a fan, or being a fair weather fan, doesn't automatically make them wrong, either.

Shaggy and Scooby may have been dead weight.

The X-Files episode "Drive" might be better than the whole of Breaking Bad.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Shaggy and Scooby may have been dead weight.
    Shaggy and Scooby were the stars of that show. Without them it'd be a pretty boring cartoon. See the imitation shows...Funky Phantom, Jabberjaw etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    numberthirtyShaggy and Scooby may have been dead weight.
    Shaggy and Scooby were the stars of that show. Without them it'd be a pretty boring cartoon. See the imitation shows...Funky Phantom, Jabberjaw etc...
    Both statements are true and non-exclusionary.

Invincible Member

Shaggy and Scooby served a useful purpose by being funny charming hippies who scored drugs for the others. If anyone was dead weight it was Daphne.

Without Shag and Scoob, Daphne and Velma would've killed and possibly eaten Fred a long time ago.

They lighten the mood and help everyone not go PTSD from all their occupational trauma.