Page 72 of 440 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    It's easier for people to get behind social movements involving gender equality than it is racial equality, Congresswoman Barbara Lee pretty much admitted this a couple of years ago. A good example is the #MeToo movement versus #BlackLivesMatter.
    Why? i honestly wonder

Invincible Member

It's easier for people to get behind social movements involving gender equality than it is racial equality, Congresswoman Barbara Lee pretty much admitted this a couple of years ago. A good example is the #MeToo movement versus #BlackLivesMatter.
    I think it depends on the situation. Some people are more sexist than they are racist. Some people are more racist than they are sexist.

As feminist icons, physical strong, let's kill 20 people, i can lift a car with one arm, i have no other woman friend, action heavy type of characters are simply awful.

No, most women don't dream about beating up 40 people and yes, they do prefer to talk things over instead of relying of violence. Let women be proud of what they are instead of basically just using characters who are males with boobs.

BANNED

Seems a bit off topic (or a few years late) for a Controversial Opinions thread.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think it depends on the situation. Some people are more sexist than they are racist. Some people are more racist than they are sexist.
    I think it has more to do with the controversial, and radioactive nature of racial issues. Gender issues is nowhere near explosively controversial and divisive. Why do you think there's a huge racial divide among white feminists and WOC?
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 03-15-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Shirley Chisholm had the opposite opinion. Perhaps we've changed over the last few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    As feminist icons, physical strong, let's kill 20 people, i can lift a car with one arm, i have no other woman friend, action heavy type of characters are simply awful.

No, most women don't dream about beating up 40 people and yes, they do prefer to talk things over instead of relying of violence. Let women be proud of what they are instead of basically just using characters who are males with boobs.
    TV's Supergirl is what female superheroes should be. She prefers to try to talk her foes down and punches as a last resort. Rarely kills. She has lots of female friends, and male friends too. And she dresses like a woman.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I think it has more to do with the controversial, and radioactive nature of racial issues. Gender issues is nowhere near explosively controversial and divisive. Why do you think there's a huge racial divide among white feminists and WOC?
    Absolutely, completely valid point. But I've also seen white women defer politically to certain black men over certain white women. I've seen black and white men bond over shared sexism.

Mighty Member

Only way to optimally minimize sexism in the long run is with a cool new bionic implant that allows each and every individual to modify their own hormone levels at will (albeit with set nutrient requirements indicated based on which hormones get increased/decreased).
    Last edited by Ragged Maw; 03-15-2018 at 12:13 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    Only way to optimally minimize sexism in the long run is with a cool new bionic implant that allows each and every individual to modify their own hormone levels at will (albeit with set nutrient requirements indicated based on which hormones get increased/decreased).
    Is it okay to be against sexism while hoping I was dead before that implant ever came to be?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I never liked Scooby Doo. I found the cartoons boring and Shaggy and Scooby's antics never made me laugh.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

The Big Bang Theory is the worst comedy series I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I never liked Scooby Doo. I found the cartoons boring and Shaggy and Scooby's antics never made me laugh.
    The early ones were pretty good, IMO, but they became progressively worse as the years rolled along. In fact, the animation for Hanna-Barbera programs in general got crappier every year until The Cartoon Network took over in the '90s.

As for funny, were any of those old Saturday mornings cartoons really humorous the way old animated shorts (Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckle, etc.) were?

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The Big Bang Theory is the worst comedy series I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.
    It's not nearly as good as it used to be, IMO, but I don't believe I have LOL more for any other show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I thought Velma was hot, like nerdy women, but other than that it didn't really have much going for it.