Page 73 of 440 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The Big Bang Theory is the worst comedy series I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot.
    Thank your lucky stars you never attempted to watch 2 Broke Girls. That sets the standard for awful. And be sure to not watch Living Biblically if you want to hang on to the idea that TBBT is the worst.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Thank your lucky stars you never attempted to watch 2 Broke Girls. That sets the standard for awful. And be sure to not watch Living Biblically if you want to hang on to the idea that TBBT is the worst.
    I haven't seen Living Biblically (though it looks pretty bad), but 2 Broke Girls was atrocious (and that's taking into account the beautiful blonde lead).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I thought Velma was hot, like nerdy women, but other than that it didn't really have much going for it.
    I never thought Velma was attractive until Linda Cardellini portrayed her in the movies.

I thought Velma was hot, like nerdy women, but other than that it didn't really have much going for it.
    Velma was a one woman team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The early ones were pretty good, IMO, but they became progressively worse as the years rolled along. In fact, the animation for Hanna-Barbera programs in general got crappier every year until The Cartoon Network took over in the '90s.

As for funny, were any of those old Saturday mornings cartoons really humorous the way old animated shorts (Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckle, etc.) were?
    No they weren't.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's not nearly as good as it used to be, IMO, but I don't believe I have LOL more for any other show.
    I've watched football with a doctor of Physics and worked out vector analysis of lateral passes. BBT is a documentary which covers a lot of the funny parts of fandom and yet characters all share in both complimentary and non-complimentary situations. The episode where the woman all have differing opinion on the boys' D&D is so true to life. All three of their reactions have been mimicked in real life.

It's very funny cuz it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Velma was a one woman team.
    Velma is a goddess.

I was clearly deeply in my Freudian latency stage but somehow I knew both Daphne and Velma were hot.
    Last edited by Abe; 03-15-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I was clearly deeply in my Freudian latency stage but somehow I knew both Daphne and Velma were hot.
    I always knew Daphne was, but I still liked Sabrina the Teenage Witch the best at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I've watched football with a doctor of Physics and worked out vector analysis of lateral passes. BBT is a documentary which covers a lot of the funny parts of fandom and yet characters all share in both complimentary and non-complimentary situations. The episode where the woman all have differing opinion on the boys' D&D is so true to life. All three of their reactions have been mimicked in real life.

It's very funny cuz it's true.
    Totally agree. I have had the same experience, too. Anybody with some form of nerd tendency has to laugh at him or herself at some point while watching it.

Totally agree. I have had the same experience, too. Anybody with some form of nerd tendency has to laugh at him or herself at some point while watching it.
    It would be one thing if this stuff wasn't actually true-to-life, albeit slightly exaggerated, but when similar situations happen to me and the people I know, it's funny. Unless, of course, when it's actually happening to me in real life. In that case I need time to get over it.

Invincible Member

The early ones were pretty good, IMO, but they became progressively worse as the years rolled along. In fact, the animation for Hanna-Barbera programs in general got crappier every year until The Cartoon Network took over in the '90s.

As for funny, were any of those old Saturday mornings cartoons really humorous the way old animated shorts (Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Woody Woodpecker, Heckle and Jeckle, etc.) were?
    I want to say maybe the earlier HB cartoons? Magilla Gorilla, Flintstones, Jetsons, Quick Draw McGraw...stuff like that. It's been a while since I've tried to watch any of them though. And really, due to limitations in budget, the TV stuff had to go for a different type of humor than the theatrical shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I want to say maybe the earlier HB cartoons? Magilla Gorilla, Flintstones, Jetsons, Quick Draw McGraw...stuff like that. It's been a while since I've tried to watch any of them though. And really, due to limitations in budget, the TV stuff had to go for a different type of humor than the theatrical shorts.
    Flintstones and Jetsons were primetime shows for supposedly everyone. Magilla, Quick Draw and crew were designed for kids and Saturday mornings, weren't they? They would have been two different audiences in that case.

And HB was the bargain next to Disney or WB. I'm pretty sure that is a firm fact.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    But I've also seen white women defer politically to certain black men over certain white women. I've seen black and white men bond over shared sexism.
    So basically you think sexism is a bigger issue? I'm not judging i'm just trying to understand. If so i vehemently disagrees that a black man has more privilege than a well off white women. In fact i think White women in some cases has more white privilege than white men. If i were to blame men, i would blame them for putting White women on that social totem pole.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Heavy Metal without clean vocals is TRASH. I'm sorry you post-thrash edge lords, but Metal needs real singers too.

Also what passes for Hip-Hop today should be it's OWN genre separate from Hip-Hop. Cause that ****'s not Rap/Hip-Hop

Rihanna isn't R&B. hell Beyonce is barely R&B.

I like Bruno Mars but his stuff is definitely derivative.