Page 75 of 440 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 6586
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Also i'm not sure about that police example, because plenty black women have been victims of police violence.
    In fact

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

A person with a fragile ego is like a paper dragon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Ollie 1962 View Post
    A person with a fragile ego is like a paper dragon.
    Or possibly a very orange bull in a china shop.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragged Maw View Post
    It pretty much ensures that the right to one’s own body remains iron-clad, and anyone who argues against it are going to have a WAY harder time than ever before.
    Hm, I'm not so sure.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Or possibly a very orange bull in a china shop.
    That's even better.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

People think that when O.J. said "I'm not black, I'm O.J." that it's a philosophy that's unique to him....It's not. I would even argue that white people help create black people like O.J.

O.J. Simpson is innocent. Serial killer Glen Rogers is the one who actually murdered Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman. He had the means, motive and opportunity. Racist LA cops framed O.J.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/11/20/justi...aim/index.html

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    O.J. Simpson is innocent. Serial killer Glen Rogers is the one who actually murdered Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman. He had the means, motive and opportunity. Racist LA cops framed O.J.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/11/20/justi...aim/index.html
    Still going to go with the Juice as the killer.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Still going to go with the Juice as the killer.
    Why is that more believable than Glen Rogers was the killer? The only strike O.J. has against him is he is an arrogant black man. None of the evidence against him held up in court.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Why is that more believable than Glen Rogers was the killer? The only strike O.J. has against him is he is an arrogant black man. None of the evidence against him held up in court.
    I watched the whole trial back then and I was convinced O.J. (one of my childhood heroes, FWIW, and I always felt he was extremely likable) was guilty as sin. Still do and will always feel that way.

As for the evidence not holding up in court, it did in the civil trial.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

If you watched any of the trial the evidence was over whelming. The Judge was atrocious and the jury did not understand DNA.

The civil trial proved his guilt.

The glove, and the shoes and the wound and the socks all fit.

As for the Rodgers story.

https://www.thewrap.com/oj-innocent-...murders-66011/
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

It is easy to call people idiots. I'm guilty of it myself. It's far harder to understand why people support what they do.

I'm beginning to agree that intersectionality is the result of the 40 year retreat the Left has made in the West.

Identity politics tends to be thrown around by people who really don't know what it entails.

The only people who love work are bosses and people who have never worked in a company before.

There is no way to assure quality when it comes to software.

The material conditions of the world we live under influences the decisions and ideologies that appear.

The comparison between the alt-right and the "alt-left" is brought up by the media to distract from why they are no longer trusted or taken seriously.

Southland Tales felt like a point-and-click adventure turned into a movie and that is why I liked it.

Escape from Monkey Island was a very good game but the bugs made it unplayable. I never got to finish it because of a bug in the second part that removes all your items. Going 3D was inevitable due to the trends at the time but it would be nice to see another Monkey Island game that looked like Curse of Monkey Island. With the embrace of 2D asthetics (ex. Sonic Mania, Thimbleweed Park) I hope if there is a new Monkey Island that it looks more like Curse of Monkey Island or a modernized version of Monkey Island 2.

Roberta Williams may have been a snob but she was a visionary who wasn't afraid to address more mature topics in her games (ex. sex, gender, race, etc.)

PC Games seem to be more willing to allow for experimentation than console games these days. It's why I find myself playing on the PC more and more.

VR would be better if the developers and engineers remembered that not everyone has 20/20 vision. Also it still sucks having to wear that bulky helmet. Why didn't the Kinect catch on more?

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I think titillation is perfectly fine. I think people believe titillation, and sexualization is exploitation. It can be, but not always, and i think it's a perfectly viable form of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    The only people who love work are bosses and people who have never worked in a company before.
    I'm a computer programmer - not a boss - working for a company and I love it. So do the other developers here.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I'm a computer programmer - not a boss - working for a company and I love it. So do the other developers here.
    Yeah, I don't get that one. If you don't love your work, you need to find something else to do. Life is too short to spend most of it on something you don't like.
    That isn't to say you have to love your company or your boss. I have worked for some bad ones. But I still liked what I was doing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!