Page 83 of 439 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 6582

We had a perfectly viable ABM defense system in 1975 that was abandoned. Reagan's "Star Wars" initiative was just political pandering and a means to enrich defense contractors.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    We had a perfectly viable ABM defense system in 1975 that was abandoned. Reagan's "Star Wars" initiative was just political pandering and a means to enrich defense contractors.
    ...and a Con Game dreamed up by (among others) Jerry Pournel, Larry Niven, and Robert Heinlein, with the goal of suckering the Soviets into dumping resources that they couldn't afford into counter-efforts. We're damned lucky they didn't accidentally discover something that would have swung it all the other way in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Seriously, dude, you're mucking up fun conspiracy theories about alien bases on the moon with well thought out facts and conjecture.
    I'm no fun at parties either, I'm told. But, to get into the spirit...
    It's probably not that we set up bases on the Dark Side, it's that the guys already living on the Dark Side (same ones that built the Egyptian Pyramids and the Toltec Ziggurats), offered us a deal: either take the knowledge to build cellphone technologies and stay off their lawn, or they'd do the same number on us that they did on Atlantis when those guys got too big for their britches.

Oh, and the cellphone stuff was also part of their plan to sap our wills by luring us into staring at our phones all day.

Happier now?
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 03-30-2018 at 12:31 PM.

I'll have to watch The Shining again to see if Kubrick had more to say about this.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I can't stand Nirvana. They are on the radio as I type this, that Lithium song that they did, and their music is so miserable.

I could understand someone listening to something like this if they were a messed up teenager, up in their bedroom hating the world, but anyone else? Sigh.
    Nirvana is kind of not what I like. Same as Pearl Jam. I do like SOnic Youth though.

Ultimate Member

I didn't buy it, but I flipped the through the latest issue of Doomsday Clock at the LCS. I'm getting ready for some more complaints about "SJW DC!"

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I didn't buy it, but I flipped the through the latest issue of Doomsday Clock at the LCS. I'm getting ready for some more complaints about "SJW DC!"
    Off topic. This thread is for discussing for controversial opinions for everything other than DC Comics. Doomsday Clock is something related to DC Comics.

Ultimate Member

Off topic. This thread is for discussing for controversial opinions for everything other than DC Comics. Doomsday Clock is something related to DC Comics.
    You're right, I'll have to post this comment over in the DC threads. Although, I can probably make a case that most of the Comicsgate people are disgruntled Marvel fans so it can kinda sorta loosely count here...sorta almost.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    You're right, I'll have to post this comment over in the DC threads. Although, I can probably make a case that most of the Comicsgate people are disgruntled Marvel fans so it can kinda sorta loosely count here...sorta almost.
    Yeah, I don't really want to see this thread devolve into the standard DC should do this, DC shouldn't do that. This is for more wacky subjects, such as liking the smell of Limburger cheese or what is the Catholic Church's real agenda.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I think the bitterness over the Bernie VS. Hilary election was the same as the drama with Obama vs. Hilary. remember that ****?? lol

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Examples of this? Just curious of what you mean. What are examples of puritanical censorship from either side? Thanks.
    In terms of wanting to censor content. Sex, drugs, violence etc...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I think the bitterness over the Bernie VS. Hilary election was the same as the drama with Obama vs. Hilary. remember that ****?? lol
    It was a heated when it was happening but after the election most folks seemed to get over it. There's some folks who are still fighting the 2016 primaries.

In terms of wanting to censor content. Sex, drugs, violence etc...
    Hmm? While I certainly remember some centrists Dems looking at video games. I just don't see censorship coming from the left. Unless you are referring to what is called political correctness?
    That is why I asked for examples. Do you have something more specific?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think it was worse with the Bernistas. Most the Hillary supporters fell in line and voted for Obama. I didn't hear too many willing to not vote and let McCain win because they hated Obama so much.
    Where-as I think Trump squeaked by in states like Wisconsin because the Bernistas were so bitter about Hillary they stayed home or even voted for Trump out of spite.

BANNED

Hillary was never even in that race after Super Tuesday, but she kept fighting all the way to the convention. Her groupies in the media and the party leadership egged her on.

BANNED

I think it was worse with the Bernistas. Most the Hillary supporters fell in line and voted for Obama. I didn't hear too many willing to not vote and let McCain win because they hated Obama so much.
    Where-as I think Trump squeaked by in states like Wisconsin because the Bernistas were so bitter about Hillary they stayed home or even voted for Trump out of spite.
    You're claiming that Sanders supporters refused to support Obama in 2008? Sanders wasn't even on the national radar then!