Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Eamo71 View Post
    Hey there, thanks for that info! Yes managing the library is a pain. Just finished the God Butcher storyline and read the done in one. And you're right t'was fabulous. Going to move on to Cornell's Wolverine now.
    BTW one of the mods has started another MU thread to talk about the books. I thought it would've made sense to do that here? Maybe merge threads?
    EDIT: what MU reader are you guys using? The old one or the beta? What are your advantages and disadvantages?
    Glad to hear Thor is pushing your buttons. It takes a bit of a dip with the next storyline. It's a kind of Dungeons and Dragons adventure, but the art isn't quite there and the story is a bit loose. Picks up in a big way again with issue 17, so hope you stick with it.

Cornell's Wolverine is solid. Great Alan Davis art. Hope you enjoy it.

I've been blasting through Peter David's last x-factor run. Read the Madrox mini and the first 25 or so issues of the on-going - just got to the start of the Messiah Complex tie-ins. This is a fantastic comic to read in huge, MU-sized chunks. Can't believe I never realised how good this stuff was - lower-level characters done with affection and heart, and some really crisp plotting. Love it! Going to try and complete the whole run and then marathon DnA-era GoftG before the movie comes out.

Also, the first issue of Amazing X-Men was released on MU yesterday - that was really fun. I'm also digging post-battle of the atom All-New. Stuart Immonen - can that boy draw or what?
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    Also, the first issue of Amazing X-Men was released on MU yesterday - that was really fun. I'm also digging post-battle of the atom All-New. Stuart Immonen - can that boy draw or what?
    Speaking of which, Marvel Unlimited is the reason I dropped All-New X-Men. I was enjoying the heck out of it, but when I saw the Battle of the Atom checklist and realized I was about to have to buy eight additional issues, I dropped it. "Screw that, I'll save my $32 and read it on Marvel Unlimited."

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Speaking of which, Marvel Unlimited is the reason I dropped All-New X-Men. I was enjoying the heck out of it, but when I saw the Battle of the Atom checklist and realized I was about to have to buy eight additional issues, I dropped it. "Screw that, I'll save my $32 and read it on Marvel Unlimited."
    I was the same with the Brian Wood X-Men book - wanted to get a single X-Men title in floppies but Marvel just wasn't going to let me do that.
    Current top 5: She-Hulk, Daredevil, Velvet, Lazarus, Adventures of Superman

Amazing Member

Default Marvel Unlimited Digital Questions...?

Is anyone having a hard time with the display for Marvel Unlimited? I just signed up today and it seems like I can only see half the comic page on my computer screen. Can anyone help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by spenny View Post
    Glad to hear Thor is pushing your buttons. It takes a bit of a dip with the next storyline. It's a kind of Dungeons and Dragons adventure, but the art isn't quite there and the story is a bit loose. Picks up in a big way again with issue 17, so hope you stick with it.

Cornell's Wolverine is solid. Great Alan Davis art. Hope you enjoy it.

I've been blasting through Peter David's last x-factor run. Read the Madrox mini and the first 25 or so issues of the on-going - just got to the start of the Messiah Complex tie-ins. This is a fantastic comic to read in huge, MU-sized chunks. Can't believe I never realised how good this stuff was - lower-level characters done with affection and heart, and some really crisp plotting. Love it! Going to try and complete the whole run and then marathon DnA-era GoftG before the movie comes out.

Have not really enjoyed the Wolvie book even though it's got two creators I really like - Cornell and Davis... though I prefer him inked by Neary. For me it does not click at all. The whole microverse stuff was meh IMO. Starting the Killable arc now. I'd like to read X-Factor form the start of David's run incl te MAdrox mini that's in my library.
    recently got the first three vols of All new X-Men HCs from local library. That stuff is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Same here, I was only reading Bendis's books and I had no interest in that event

Quote Originally Posted by mysterygeekboi View Post
    Is anyone having a hard time with the display for Marvel Unlimited? I just signed up today and it seems like I can only see half the comic page on my computer screen. Can anyone help with this?
    Sometimes it goes a bit wonky but I just close it down and reopen the app or turn off the device and start again.

RE Mods: perhaps we could merge this thread with this one?

tarzud

Quote Originally Posted by Mamylon View Post
    MU is how I read Marvel now, and I know I'm not the only one who's doing it.

The problem is that this makes it tough to keep up with the fandom. Can we keep a space in NuCBR for people to discuss Marvel books six months behind? I have serious opinions about the end of Battle of the Atom... as of three days ago.
    I was just doing a Google search for some kind of Marvel Unlimited six-months behind community, and I came to this thread. Did you all ever find a community like this? If so, can you point me there? If not, is anyone interested in setting one up with me?

Spectacular Member

I ordered marvel unlimited again. Some great stuff is on there. First issue of all new Ghost Rider, Invaders, She Hulk,and New Warriors. Definitely, recommend this to anyone that can not afford to buy the books monthly. Great deal and great stuff. I usually pay for a month then cancel and wait like 4 months later and sign up again.
    Last edited by drwho; 09-27-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

Okay, it’s been about a year and I have to ask? Did anyone spend the extra thirty bucks on Unlimited Plus and was it worth it? I can’t imagine the toy and comic are worth it but the site also vaguely mentions “events”. I did a search and it mentions some previews for those that can make it to conventions but there don’t seem to be any other events.

My only real complaint with the service is that sometimes stuff will never load. Like yesterday, I could not get UXM to load at all.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Spectacular Member

Ok im a little pissed at marvel unlimited. they sent me a message saying that the comics that I reported technical problems with were working fine. If someone using a computer browser and not their ap could check out FF 5 of newest series for me and Fearless Defenders 4 and 5 I would appreciated. If it does not work for you I'll mail back a complaint.

The updates to the app really improved the experience. Btw Dr who did you get those issues to load?