Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Herc is not bi in 616 Marvel is ignoring all the myths from our world (were he took many male playmates in several legends) on that part.
    This isn't so much about Hercules being straight or bi or gay or whatever, but I think with Hercules many comic readers have a hard time understanding that Marvel's version isn't exactly the classic mythology character as detailed in old legends, as much as Greek mythology is incorporated into Marvel Comic's Hercules...it's still MARVEL'S VERSION of Hercules. It's not them ignoring all the myths, it's them taking their version and expressing him how they feel. No different from any Disney-fied character (Show White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Aladdin...even their own clearly heterosexual Hercules).

No version of Hercules takes every myth into account because those myths were fabricated by who knows how many people over however many years and often conflict. And in modern times...Kevin Sorbo's Hercules in the 90s, Disney Animated Hercules, The Rock's more realistic take on Hercules, Kellan Lutz's Hercules 3D, DC's all out villainous rapist version...there's so many versions of the character, Marvel's version certainly isn't the definitive version by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What an odd article. Liefeld has often gone on about different takes on his characters that are not true to his vision. I doubt this project is going to do anything to fix any of those either.
    Yeah. His vision. That's the whole point.

The fact that in 2015 Rob Liefeld is still relevant is astonishing
    Last edited by niconico00; 11-16-2015 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Broken English Spoken Perfectly
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
    This isn't so much about Hercules being straight or bi or gay or whatever, but I think with Hercules many comic readers have a hard time understanding that Marvel's version isn't exactly the classic mythology character as detailed in old legends, as much as Greek mythology is incorporated into Marvel Comic's Hercules...it's still MARVEL'S VERSION of Hercules. It's not them ignoring all the myths, it's them taking their version and expressing him how they feel. No different from any Disney-fied character (Show White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Aladdin...even their own clearly heterosexual Hercules).

No version of Hercules takes every myth into account because those myths were fabricated by who knows how many people over however many years and often conflict. And in modern times...Kevin Sorbo's Hercules in the 90s, Disney Animated Hercules, The Rock's more realistic take on Hercules, Kellan Lutz's Hercules 3D, DC's all out villainous rapist version...there's so many versions of the character, Marvel's version certainly isn't the definitive version by any means.
    I knew when they announced the Hercules film with the Rock, they were going to go remove the bisexual stuff which annoyed me. I was happy to see a comic that actually portrayed it and it played a dramatic part when his boyfriend, Iolaus, got killed. Of course, it's Hollywood. Couldn't have that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Herc is not bi in 616 Marvel is ignoring all the myths from our world (were he took many male playmates in several legends) on that part.
    But, Marvel isn't obligated to adhere to those myths in their own publication(s).

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Will never understand the obsession some people have with the sexual orientation of characters who's love life has absolutely no bearing on the story their in.

At some point it SHOULD be insulting as its just a shameless cash grab... For instance Northstar, his wedding issue was on The View... The View. Yet once it was done hr remained on a doomed satellite X-Men book that pushed his story to the back burner for so long, I don't even know how it concluded and I doubt much care.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-16-2015 at 07:27 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is this Liefield's first time commenting on this?

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I'm grossed out by characters bedding Rahne in her wolf form.
    Tigra though.

Well okay whatever. Does this mean I have to change my stance on Liefeld?

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    Well okay whatever. Does this mean I have to change my stance on Liefeld?
    I'd think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I doubt Liefeld changed his stance.

His comment is more: Im not going to touch on it cause it isnt relevent to the story.

Its a liefeld book. Its gonna be 95% action. Star's sexuality doesnt need to be mentioned just cause he shows up in the book
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, I think that's exactly what he meant. Shatterstar's sexuality won't come up or be addressed at all in the story. He won't undo it, but just won't address it.
    Yeah, this. And besides, I seriously doubt that Marvel would let him change it even if he wanted to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    I'm grossed out by characters bedding Rahne in her wolf form.
    And, other than another shape-shifter -- you've seen who bed Rahine in her wolf form?