Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Rahne in her furry Tigra-type form is sexy.

Rahne in her wolf-headed classic-werewolf form is not.

Rahne in her pure-animal-form is bestiality.

I always thought that Shatterstar was potentially gay myself from the very beginning, considering his creator MOJO is basically the gay lovechild of Frank N Furter and Fat Bastard.

But Rictor being gay was really shocking and disappointing to me at that time. Unlike Iceman, who admittably was written suspiciously from the very beginning by Stan Lee himself (no sexual interest whatsoever in Jean Grey when she was the original There's Something About Mary type of girl), there was not even any indication at all that Julio was a homosexual. But Peter David managed to pull it off simply because he is an acknowledged Master Writer. Brian Bendis on the other hand...well, he's the exact opposite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    luckily for you there are thousands of other comic book characters designed to appeal to white hetero-sexual males for you to choose from! It might be more constructive for you to espouse your opinions in threads about them instead of ragging on one of the, like, half dozen queer superheroes Marvel has to offer. Doesn't seem all that productive to me.
    And so it begins. So... saying that I felt that Shatterstar being gay was counter to his earlier characterizations wasn't a problem. But when I say that coupled with the revelation that I don't have the same views about homosexuality then here they come out of the woodwork to shut me down, accusing me of "ragging" one of the half-dozen queer heroes. Riddle me this: How would you feel if one of your queer super-heroes that you liked decided to pull an Anne Heche and go straight? Would you be outraged? Would you sign online petitions to have the writer removed from the book and the Editor resign? Would you take to the Internet and "espouse" your opinions anywhere you could? How is that any different from having a character that I liked for years suddenly embracing a lifestyle I not only do not identify with but don't agree with? I'm not allowed to express my disappointment the same way the LGBT community did when Hercules was confirmed to be straight? This seems like an extreme double-standard.

On a side note, I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your hunger strike against >insert name of liberal university here< to express your outrage and to ensure that no opinions other than your own can exist in these forums.

BANNED

Uh oh. A straight white man's feeling have been hurt. Minorities assemble and blend into the background. Let's not upset the delicate balance of their feelings. It can be scary being part of the majority and having the world cater to you!

Quote Originally Posted by VilotorioFabiano View Post
    Uh oh. A straight white man's feeling have been hurt. Minorities assemble and blend into the background. Let's not upset the delicate balance of their feelings. It can be scary being part of the majority and having the world cater to you!
    That's preposterous. Everybody knows straight white men aren't allowed to have hurt feelings. We're supposed to lay face down and keep quiet while every other demographic with an axe to grind repeatedly kicks us into submission.

I declare this thread a safe zone for all X-men fans. No one should say anything that should hurt anyone's feelings, unless they are said to Inhumans fans. In that case, rip them to shreds.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psimitar View Post
    And so it begins. So... saying that I felt that Shatterstar being gay was counter to his earlier characterizations wasn't a problem. But when I say that coupled with the revelation that I don't have the same views about homosexuality then here they come out of the woodwork to shut me down, accusing me of "ragging" one of the half-dozen queer heroes. Riddle me this: How would you feel if one of your queer super-heroes that you liked decided to pull an Anne Heche and go straight? Would you be outraged? Would you sign online petitions to have the writer removed from the book and the Editor resign? Would you take to the Internet and "espouse" your opinions anywhere you could? How is that any different from having a character that I liked for years suddenly embracing a lifestyle I not only do not identify with but don't agree with? I'm not allowed to express my disappointment the same way the LGBT community did when Hercules was confirmed to be straight? This seems like an extreme double-standard.

On a side note, I'd like to thank you for taking time out of your hunger strike against >insert name of liberal university here< to express your outrage and to ensure that no opinions other than your own can exist in these forums.
    It's not that serious, buddy. I'm just confused as to why you feel the need to take time out of your day to complain about one of the very few queer characters you have to deal with in your superhero comics in the first place. Shatterstar is pretty easily avoidable if you don't like him, so I just don't get the need to sh!t on a character who helps serve an incredibly underserved minority. Seems to me like a discussion thread you could avoid since not every opinion serves a purpose. "If you don't have something nice to say...." and all that. But maybe I'm just old fashioned. Whatever makes you happy, man...I'm not here to censor you.
    Last edited by Dazzler; 11-13-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

But then you have to instill that same if you don't have anything nice to say and all of that for both sides of the view on any subject...

Ha. If we're restricted to only saying "nice" things on here and not complaining about things we don't like, I think about 90% of the posts would disappear.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    But then you have to instill that same if you don't have anything nice to say and all of that for both sides of the view on any subject...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Ha. If we're restricted to only saying "nice" things on here and not complaining about things we don't like, I think about 90% of the posts would disappear.
    Not only that, but questioning the productivity of anyone's time spent on message boards also seems unproductive.

Fantastic Member

That's preposterous. Everybody knows straight white men aren't allowed to have hurt feelings. We're supposed to lay face down and keep quiet while every other demographic with an axe to grind repeatedly kicks us into submission.
    Strange. I am a white straight man, and I sure don't feel kicked into submission. I feel fine.

A FORCE to be reckoned w/ Dazzler's Avatar

well, that explains in a nutshell why in another life I had 70,000 posts on CBR and now I barely have 70. I'm sorry but a heterosexual white man coming into a thread about Shatterstar to talk about how he disagrees with homosexuality and wants to further marginalize an already marginalized group is inappropriate in my opinion. It could've been left at "I don't like it because I don't think it fits in with his background" and all would be well (even if that's selective continuity in action given that it was seeded for over years before it actually happened).

Plus there's that whole comment where he made ridiculous assumptions about me and was a general ******* about my disagreeing with him when I didn't even say anything inflammatory. Why can't people just be nice? The Internet is a weirdly awful place.

I'm not allowed to express my disappointment the same way the LGBT community did when Hercules was confirmed to be straight? This seems like an extreme double-standard.

That first part sounds like you are making a case for things being "apples to apples". If we got together and made a list, that list would probably be: Lots of hetero characters/Not so many gay characters.

That being the case, the complaint you are talking about is like a guy with a million bucks throwing a fit because someone took a twenty from him. Readers upset with that Hercules situation? That's more like someone with ten bucks to there name having someone steal five of it.

As for that second part, did they swipe your Twinkies? What's with the fussy?

I always had a hard time seeing Shatterstar as gay or even bi, at least from how he was characterized in X-Force. He always struck me as simply celibate, as thoughts of sex and sexual attraction would detract from his training as a warrior. He always seemed oblivious when any sexual comments were made in his presence. I always saw him as more like Ryu from Street Fighter with "The Fight is All" mentality.
    The problem with that is deciding it is the "bigger picture". It's like saying a kid who was raised by wolves "Sure acts like a wolf." Well, yeah. He was raised by wolves. That doesn't make him one.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Also, Herc is Bi. I hate that Axel changed this.
    Herc is not bi in 616 Marvel is ignoring all the myths from our world (were he took many male playmates in several legends) on that part.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 11-14-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I declare this thread a safe zone for all X-men fans. No one should say anything that should hurt anyone's feelings, unless they are said to Inhumans fans. In that case, rip them to shreds.
    What if we like the Royals but can't stand the NuHuman push?