BANNED

Default Dark knight returns: The last crusade

Hot sauce:

DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE LAST CRUSADE is a one-shot set before the events of Frank Miller's THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, which will be punching its way into comic shops in 2016. In an exclusive interview, artist John Romita, Jr. discusses this eye-opening new chapter of the Dark Knight saga.

Nearly thirty years ago, Frank Miller introduces us to an older, far more wizened Batman late in his career. But the newest Dark Knight project, Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade, will take us back to over ten years before this classic work, when Batman was still actively fighting crime with his previous Robin, Jason Todd, at his side, revealing the previously untold story of how Jason met his end in Frank Miller’s Dark Knight universe and featuring the first appearance of Miller’s Joker since his death in The Dark Knight Returns.

Co-written by the DARK KNIGHT III duo of Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello, Dark Knight Returns: The Last Crusade will be a 64-page prestige format one-shot drawn by legendary artist John Romita, Jr., who agreed to speak exclusively with us about this exciting new comic.

DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: THE LAST CRUSADE #1 by Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello and John Romita, Jr. will be in stores on February 17, 2016.
    Frank Miller writing Jason Todd has me excited.

This book is a dream come true

BANNED

Looking forward to this release!!!

He wants to change the costume, yet that's the only part of Jason's Robin that was defined in DKR...

Also this dropped in page count according to BleedingCool.

BANNED

He likely just wants to do enough to distinct Jason and Dick despite having been teenager boys wearing the same rags. Something like using/carrying a police baton, or using tape over the gloves, or kneepads. Coupled with a punk rock 80`s hairstyle just like them iconic movies and rockstars of the era.

By the way, if any of this actually shows up I`m claiming conceptual ownership in advance.

I'd just like it to match up with the story it's a prequel for.

I can't decide how I feel about this one yet. On one hand, it's kind of exciting to see this bit of backstory... what actually drove The Dark Knight into retirement? But on the other, I never needed to know exactly what happened in order to appreciate it in TDKR. This being a prequel actually ties it more heavily to the original work than DKSA or DKIII. It almost has to live up to a level of expectation that I'm not certain it can achieve. I suppose I won't really know until I've finished the story but I can say that I'll be picking this one up.

I am really looking forward for this.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Hate to bust people's balls but it has been delayed until Apr 20 2016, unsurprisingly:
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-d...last-crusade-1
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Hate to bust people's balls but it has been delayed until Apr 20 2016, unsurprisingly:
    http://www.dccomics.com/comics/the-d...last-crusade-1
    Interesting... I wonder if it has something to do with the upcoming movie or just Miller being lazy.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REAL View Post
    Interesting... I wonder if it has something to do with the upcoming movie or just Miller being lazy.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the movie, Miller is only co-writing so I'm guessing it is to do with the art.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the movie, Miller is only co-writing so I'm guessing it is to do with the art.
    Why not? The movie was inspired by TDKR and they have a dead robin who might be Jason. And if the movie turned out to be successful, then it will bring a lot of new readers who some of them will be curious to know who the heck is Jason Todd and what happened to him. So really, this is the perfect market strategy to publish this issue after the movie.

But then again, I've probably given them more credit than they deserve.
    Last edited by REAL; 01-26-2016 at 02:47 PM.

BANNED

Can be both. Delaying the most possible -without it being cheap- to the movie release to bridge more interest in Jason and Romita almost certainly needing more time. He`s got his hands in too much right now.

BANNED

Well with the delay the book is back to 64 pages of content too.

Trust me its not a delay in art, romita is super fast