Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doom 4

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Watch that video you posted, and then watch that first Doom 4 gameplay video. Doom is far faster than Doom 4, and the Doom 4 stage sure as hell doesn't look like it's going to give way to exploration.
    The first Doom 4 video is deliberately slow. The guy was taking his time walking around, looking at everything and showing off each weapon one by one. There's none of that in the second video and as you can see, it's much faster. Maybe not quite as fast as the old Doom, but that might be intentional since this game doesn't have the massive amounts of auto-aim Doom 1 and 2 did. Movement speed aside, my point still stands. You weren't constantly having hordes of enemies charging at you in the old games.

As far as exploration, it's too early to tell. That wasn't an actual level, it was a vertical slice, built specifically to show off on stage for a few minutes. Hopefully they don't overlook the exploration element in the final game.

BANNED

That video isn't deliberately slow, hell, they shotgun a monster that's just jumping into view. They seem to be going as fast as they can in that video. To say this new game isn't quite as fast as the first two would be a massive understatement. Needing to aim shouldn't mean the game would need to be slowed down as much as this is, there are tons of faster first person shooters than this.

You have more enemies fighting you at once in the original game than you do in this. This new Doom has less monsters in the areas, they seemingly attack one at a time, and they politely hang back while you're doing awesome cinematic kills.

This seems to take a lot of cues from brutal doom

To say this new game isn't quite as fast as the first two would be a massive understatement. Needing to aim shouldn't mean the game would need to be slowed down as much as this is, there are tons of faster first person shooters than this.
    How fast do you think the old games were? They were never Quake 3 or UT2K4. The hell footage wasn't really that much slower than classic Doom.

Either I'm missing something or my definition of fast is quite different from yours. The old games were faster yes, but they weren't this constant moshpit of monsters that everyone seems to remember them as.

BANNED

I know they were faster than the footage of the single player that's been shown of this new game.

Maybe it is slwoed down and on baby easy mode for the noobs?

I honestly hope the aciton is much more fast pace than that.

And yeah the melee kills scream "Brutal Doom' for me.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

I thought the pacing looked fined, but then again, since this was E3 footage they obliviously slowed it down a bit to show off the game.

My only complaint so far is that some demons seemed a bit alien than demonic.The Revenant looks rad, but the Hell Knight(?) with the bare skull, doesn't seem intimidating to me. At least, those were my first impressions. I just hope its satanic and blasphemous as ****. But really, I'm glad we're finally getting another DOOM game.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

I thought it looked pretty good,and am excited for it to release.

What we do is secret Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

I absolutely LOVE how the pinky and baron of hell still look like their classic DOOM counterparts. I really can't wait any longer for this!
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, The Goddamned, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy, King Conan, Last Gang in Town, Sherrif of Babylon, Stray Bullets, Usagi Yojimbo, Weird Love

So after playing.....Why did Bethesda focus all their marketing on the multiplayer? Its the worst part of the game. The single player campaign is amazing and snapmap has so much potential

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So after playing.....Why did Bethesda focus all their marketing on the multiplayer? Its the worst part of the game. The single player campaign is amazing and snapmap has so much potential
    Because E-sports? I don't know. Not sure why basically all the single player stuff they showed was like the E3 footage where the player character moves incredibly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    They didn't? They lead with single player footage, most of the ads and trailers focused on single player, Clueless Gamer focused on single player, the pre-release streams focused on single player. The only marketing multiplayer really got was the betas.
    Last edited by Xero Kaiser; 05-26-2016 at 06:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    They didn't? They lead with single player footage, most of the ads and trailers focused on single player, Clueless Gamer focused on single player, the pre-release streams focused on single player. The only marketing multiplayer really got was the betas.
    Most everything between now and that E3 footage from last year was multiplayer focused. When they release a timed demo (because that **** wasn't no beta gameplay) to hype up the game before release, it was just the multiplayer.

Most everything between now and that E3 footage from last year was multiplayer focused. When they release a timed demo (because that **** wasn't no beta gameplay) to hype up the game before release, it was just the multiplayer.
    Over 30 videos released by Bethesda between all the trailers, livestreams, talk shows, etc focused on single player. Compared to 5 multiplayer videos and an open beta

I have no idea how that constitutes, "most everything".