All-New Member

Default Is it worth buying the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus?

Hi,

I'm stuck deciding between buying the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus or just the Infinity Gauntlet trade paperback which is much cheaper. Does the Omnibus give much more value for money with the story arcs which are included in addition to the Infinity Gauntlet and the tie-in issues?

I've had a look at the Infinity Gauntlet book in the shop and it looks like my kind of thing and I really want to read it.

I think it's a great value. You get about 30 issues of run-up to the story itself in the form of Jim Starlin's Silver Surfer run (along with the Surfer IG tie-in issues), The Thanos Quest, which is a direct prequel to IG, and all the tie-in's from the rest of the Marvel Universe. It's the definitive version of the story, and is set up in a really good reading order. If you can get it at CheapGraphicNovels.com, it's definitely worth it!

All-New Member

I brought the Omnibus and while I don't regret buying it, I think it would have been better for me to get just the Infinity Gauntlet TP.

I enjoyed the Jim Starlin stuff, but didn't car much for the tie-ins after the main Infinity Gauntlet story arc. Some of the tie-in issues I found to be terrible and I'm still struggling to get through them. I don't like the writing by the guy who took over the Silver Surfer issues.

Some of the Dr Strange issues are good and I really liked the two Quasar issues.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrBazoom View Post
    Some of the Dr Strange issues are good and I really liked the two Quasar issues.
    The Dr. Strange tie-ins were important because they help explain how all of the heavy hitters Thanos killed or BFRed in issue 4 came back in issue 6.