Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm just waiting for Jade.

Fantastic Member

The only one I have no issue with is the Triborg concept. Bo Rai Cho? I never did care for him that much. Considering how disliked he is, I can't believe Boon actually went with him over some other post trilogy characters. Like Fujin. He's been shafted so many times. Only been playable in one game that wasn't Armageddon. Hell he was rumored to be the last DLC character in MK9 and then Freddy was revealed. With this game's variation system, there were so many cool and interesting things that could have been done with his wind powers. Such wasted potential.

As for the two guests, I'm not against guest characters, but I just think more than two is overkill. There are still plenty of fan favorites missing and they got shafted in favor of more guests. NRS might as well make a horror themed fighting game.

This kinda makes me worried about Injustice 2. Exactly how many non DC characters are they gonna put in that one? Scorpion was stated to be the highest selling DLC character in the first one. So it probably gave Boon the message to keep having the hard-on that he has for him. Because people can't get enough of him apparently.
    Right now, I kinda fear that not only will Boon put Scorpion as a guest character again for Injustice 2, but Sub-Zero right along with him.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 12-04-2015 at 11:45 AM.

They're going really going overboard with the Movie characters =/ Jason was a super cool surprise, Predator was okay, but now it's like...I'm tired of them.

I've even given up hoping for Jade and put all my hopes onto Sindel and even that didn't come true OTL

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    I'm just waiting for Jade.
    Sadly this is the end for mkx dlc. Injustice 2 is coming.

Way to end mkx with a whimper and ruining good faith, no?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    They're going really going overboard with the Movie characters =/ Jason was a super cool surprise, Predator was okay, but now it's like...I'm tired of them.

I've even given up hoping for Jade and put all my hopes onto Sindel and even that didn't come true OTL
    Don't buy them then, they're just a fun little extra things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    KP2 is a huge disappointment.

Boon trolled us all hard.

I've already sold my mkx copy, deleted the phone app and I won't pre-order mk11. Boon has to regain my trust in the franchise if he wants my money ever again.

Disgusting.
    I mean, sure, it's only the first Mortal Kombat they've made thats actually a really good fighting game. I lost faith when I saw they could finally make fighting games too.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Don't buy them then, they're just a fun little extra things.
    Eh, I wouldn't call characters in a fighting game "little extra things" like, fighting games revolve around different characters and their playstyles, if I go up against one of these characters online or something, I won't have the slightest idea of how these characters play and I'd be at a disadvantage.

Regardless of that though, I can still voice my disappointment that the characters I liked weren't in, whether I plan to buy them or not.

BANNED

Eh, I wouldn't call characters in a fighting game "little extra things" like, fighting games revolve around different characters and their playstyles, if I go up against one of these characters online or something, I won't have the slightest idea of how these characters play and I'd be at a disadvantage.

Regardless of that though, I can still voice my disappointment that the characters I liked weren't in, whether I plan to buy them or not.
    They're extra things when they're DLC.

Are you playing for money online? I'm guessing no, you'll get over this disadvantage. You want to see how these characters play? I'm sure you won't have any problem finding tons and tons of videos on YouTube. Probably won't even be hard to find such videos before you can buy the characters.

And Jade is in the game. You want to play as Jade? Pick blue ninja lady, and then select the Jade style.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

They aren't little extras at that cost and not buying it isn't enough.

A clear message must be sent for the future that we want mk characters, not Guest Kombat.

KP2 being so bad, so trolly makes me not even want mk11. I'm on a wait and see approach. Won't be tricked like with mkx.

If I don't like the initial roster than I just won't buy mk11.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

And Jade is in the game. You want to play as Jade? Pick blue ninja lady, and then select the Jade style.
    That's not Jade. Kitana only has like 3 of Jade's attacks and the rest is still her own play style.

They're extra things when they're DLC.

Are you playing for money online? I'm guessing no, you'll get over this disadvantage. You want to see how these characters play? I'm sure you won't have any problem finding tons and tons of videos on YouTube. Probably won't even be hard to find such videos before you can buy the characters.

They're extra things, they're not little things though, they're new characters in a fighting games, that's pretty big.

And just cause I don't pay money to play a game doesn't mean I would like playing against characters that I don't know what to do against, I'm also not the kind of person who can learn how to play a game by just watching videos, I have to practice as well.

Jade is not in this game, like spyderbytes said, they don't share any more outside of just three, she doesn't have Jade's glow, or have staff normals or pretty much anything else.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    That's not Jade. Kitana only has like 3 of Jade's attacks and the rest is still her own play style.
    Classic MK is just unique specials with everyone having the same normals...that's Jade.

BANNED

E
    They're extra things, they're not little things though, they're new characters in a fighting games, that's pretty big.

And just cause I don't pay money to play a game doesn't mean I would like playing against characters that I don't know what to do against, I'm also not the kind of person who can learn how to play a game by just watching videos, I have to practice as well.

Jade is not in this game, like spyderbytes said, they don't share any more outside of just three, she doesn't have Jade's glow, or have staff normals or pretty much anything else.
    Jade is in the game, and I guess you'll just have to learn how to play against them by playing against them. You aren't play in tournaments for my money are you? This isn't a big deal unless you're playing for money. Unless you're a tournament player, what you're talking about doesn't really matter for you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    They aren't little extras at that cost and not buying it isn't enough.

A clear message must be sent for the future that we want mk characters, not Guest Kombat.

KP2 being so bad, so trolly makes me not even want mk11. I'm on a wait and see approach. Won't be tricked like with mkx.

If I don't like the initial roster than I just won't buy mk11.
    How is not giving them money for something not enough? That's all you can do. You can either give them money, or not give them money.

Well, you're more than welcome to take a stand against their first good fighting game. I hope you sent a strong message. And they've basically given you all the MK characters, I mean, there's more, but they're worthless.

Cool beans.

E

Jade is in the game, and I guess you'll just have to learn how to play against them by playing against them. You aren't play in tournaments for my money are you? This isn't a big deal unless you're playing for money. Unless you're a tournament player, what you're talking about doesn't really matter for you.
    No she isn't, it's not even about her right now, even without Jade I don't like the current batch of DLC and how many guest characters are being added, me buying them or not is not the case, I can still talk about my displeasure, like how I talked about how much I disliked Goro being a preorder character despite me not pre-ordering the game, if nobody talked about what they don't like, how would NRS know what people's problems with this is?

I also don't understand the idea that just because I don't play the game in tournaments means I would be okay with going up with fighting characters I don't understand, a fighting game revolves around it's characters and movesets, I know I'll have to deal with it but it's not a little thing, it's pretty much the biggest thing you can add for a fighting game.