Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Yeah, I expect to see many of them down the line. Fujin and Rain, definitely. Li Mei seems like a good chance too.

I have some thoughts on the story. It'll be very spoilery:

spoilers:
    I preferred MK9's story but can't figure out why. I think overall, the stakes felt higher in MK9 -- Shao Kahn left Earthrealm in ruins, everyone died -- and more characters got their big moments. Raiden, Liu Kang, Sindel, Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi ... all of them felt like bigger deals than any of the characters in MKX's story. I felt like Mileena was building to something but she didn't. I never felt like any of the new kids were that special either and Shinnok's plan seemed to be implemented awfully quick and solved equally as quickly. And Kotal Kahn didn't feel like a worthy successor to Shao Kahn, although at least he seemed smarter. Some of the new characters, especially Ferra/Torr, were REALLY undeveloped and uninteresting. Tanya and Rain just disappeared after a point.

Having said that, there were a few things I liked. D'Vorah was good. Sub-Zero was good. And the best thing about the whole story mode? SCORPION! He was the most interesting character they've ever had and I love him more as a human than I ever did as a revenant. He was just so fantastic. His "fuck Earthrealm, I just want Quan Chi" attitude was exactly what you want from a revenge storyline and Quan Chi's death was the one death that felt like a big deal.

I do have one thing to say though; I have NO idea why they bothered including Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Kitana as playable characters in this. It's very, very weird. In the story mode, they only came back at the tail end of the second act. It feels like they could have been replaced by new characters and there would be no issue. Plus, it would make MK9's deaths a lot more meaningful. Now, I don't care about the deaths of Baraka, Mileena or Quan Chi because, while I'm sure they'll stick for those three characters (I think they can do without them. Their stories are done), I also know that Netherrealm can just bring them back if they want.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    While Mileena dying is a bit of a bummer, because she was one of my mains in MK9, but I'd have to agree with you.
    end of spoilers

Okay some thoughts. I couldn't get the hang of kung jin. starting to learn kotal kahn. Liu Kang is OP, scorpion's combos are hard to pull off for some reason. Cassie is amazing, and D'vorah and Raiden are great for combos. Gonna learn Jax next

story spoilers/Arcade ending spoilers:

spoilers:
    You know, considering the ending, I wouldn't mind if Raiden was the big bad in the next game, just take his/Kotal Khan's Arcade Ending that he was so obsessed with protecting Earthrealm that he went too far, attacked the others realms and Kotal Khan enacted Mortal Kombat and there we go.

I didn't like that Kitana, Lui Kang and Kuna Lao in this game were still revenants in the story despite them being human in the other modes but this gives me hope for maybe Sindel DLC in the future!

Also Milenna getting killed by this new character who wasn't even the person Milenna was fighting against =/ but I like D'vorah so I'll get over it.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Do we really need spoilers on a Mortal Kombat story?

Kung Jin is confirmed to be gay! Awesome!!

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Do we really need spoilers on a Mortal Kombat story?
    Not everyone has the game yet. So it's fair. Heck, I get nodded at gamefaqs for spoiling games that are over a decade old.

I personally feel there should be a clause within a year. If you're spoiled at that point than you're at fault.

Btw about mileena

spoilers:
    there is an out for her return...its implied there are more than one of her created by shang tsung
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Kung Jin is confirmed to be gay! Awesome!!
    https://twitter.com/domcianciolo/sta...50845763301376

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Not everyone has the game yet. So it's fair. Heck, I get nodded at gamefaqs for spoiling games that are over a decade old.

I personally feel there should be a clause within a year. If you're spoiled at that point than you're at fault.
    No, I'm mean, it's Mortal Kombat. What's to "spoil"?

It wouldn't really matter, but this sites spoiler tags suck so much I can't get them to go away while on the iPad.

No, I'm mean, it's Mortal Kombat. What's to "spoil"?

It wouldn't really matter, but this sites spoiler tags suck so much I can't get them to go away while on the iPad.
    Mortal Kombat has a very rich mythology that people have been following for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Mortal Kombat has a very rich mythology that people have been following for decades.
    This. And a lot of people will be playing on 360 and ps3 and those versions don't come out until summer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a joke.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 04-15-2015 at 07:34 PM.

I not sure if this is a joke.
    What about it makes it a joke?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    What about it makes it a joke?
    The idea that the game has a very rich mythology. It's got a story, a story that's a complete convoluted mess. The story is also really really stupid. It was a fun stupid in the first two games, but the last four MK games (not counting this one, since I don't know it's story) have stories so dumb it makes you wonder what they were thinking.

The idea that the game has a very rich mythology. It's got a story, a story that's a complete convoluted mess. The story is also really really stupid. It was a fun stupid in the first two games, but the last four MK games (not counting this one, since I don't know it's story) have stories so dumb it makes you wonder what they were thinking.
    Well that is a bad tone in general for while the premise of MK does not take itself seriously at first it's plot in recent years is actually pretty damn series compared to other fighting game as of 9 and X death if via story mode seems permanent unless situation applies.

MK 1 was Enter The Dragon with mystic powers, 2 was same deal, different battle field. Three was Earth invaded, 4 a new non out world threat from a non mainstream game. Deadly Alliance was first step in shit getting really serious and Dark and kept til now.

X is that Raidens stopped Shao Khan, preventing visions of MKA. However all of Raidens mistakes in handling the matter are biting him in the ass as a result. Also new generation of fighters and CHARACTER development. Holy shit what they did to Scorpion in story mode.

MK is doing a damn good job because it is keeping the fun but now finding a good excuse for it. Unlike say Street Fighter which recycles its shit again and again for no good reason.