Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

Incredible Member

Still haven't picked this up yet. Love Mortal Kombat, but the mythology just ain't what it used to be. Maybe's it's nostalgia, but I liked it more when it wasn't as complex and convoluted as it is now.

First 3 games had the best stories.

and why the hell have they never offically made Nimbus a character?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Still haven't picked this up yet. Love Mortal Kombat, but the mythology just ain't what it used to be. Maybe's it's nostalgia, but I liked it more when it wasn't as complex and convoluted as it is now.

First 3 games had the best stories.

and why the hell have they never offically made Nimbus a character?
    Setting wise it got stupid with MK3, back when they started adding a bunch on stuff that didn't seem to fit into MK at all.

If you like MK you shouldn't let the mythology get in the way of playing the first MK that's actually a good fighting game.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I say wait for Komplete if you haven't got it yet.

Possibly more dlc.

I hope it has Frost.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Setting wise it got stupid with MK3, back when they started adding a bunch on stuff that didn't seem to fit into MK at all.

If you like MK you shouldn't let the mythology get in the way of playing the first MK that's actually a good fighting game.
    I felt the setting got stupid with MK4. We got a bunch of fill-in characters and a plot that just seem to be there and amounted to nothing. And it was a crappy fighting game to boot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I felt the setting got stupid with MK4. We got a bunch of fill-in characters and a plot that just seem to be there and amounted to nothing. And it was a crappy fighting game to boot.
    No, the whole thing got stupid with MK4. But three took it from the a pretty simple cohesive whole, and stated added weird city backgrounds, Predator robots, and some lame chubby cop.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    No, the whole thing got stupid with MK4. But three took it from the a pretty simple cohesive whole, and stated added weird city backgrounds, Predator robots, and some lame chubby cop.
    I didn't think three was stupid. Outworld was merging with Earthrealm and what's why everything looked weird. The predator robots were the only outright stupid thing in MK3 imo.

Incredible Member

Obviously MK3 was the attempt to take MK to it's most darkest places. I actually liked the art direction in terms of the level design and character design.

I feel if you make MK a trilogy then MK3 would be satisfying conclusion to that story. However yes, it does get away form the tournament aspect of it, and the killer robots are little goofy. Though i didn't think they killed it entirely and did give Sub-Zero something other than Scorpion to play with. Worst part of it being that Scorpion was actually left out of the original release. How is that even possible? Which I guess is why the Ultimate version is the only one ever talked about.

But I hate what MK4 added to the myths, and I hate the Dragon King, and I even hate blaze. PRetty much hate anything storywise added to this franchise after MK3. Stuff like Shao Khan being a puppet for the Dragon King, whatever. Shao Khan is all this series needs in a bad guy. And even though I liked the fighting game aspect of it, and it's return to 2D fighting, I didn't like the story of the reimagined MORTAL KOMBAT. This fixation with making Kung Lao a cocky upstart kills it for me.

Mostly I just like the story in the first 2 games though. So much simpler without all the bullshit. In the first game Shang was banished to Earth realm, not sent. First game Raiden was a prick who wanted to win for his own ends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    Which I guess is why the Ultimate version is the only one ever talked about.
    The Ultimate version is the only one talked about because for the longest time it was the only MK game that had a competitive scene. It wasn't until MK9 that the series had another tournament worthy game.

BANNED

I don't see MK3 as trying to go to it's darkest place. It's got too much cartoony looking goofy stuff in it for that to be true. It was the first one where it looked like they were drawing on the sprites and stuff. It's the fakes looking of those old games. If anything I would say it was an attempt in the opposite direction.

Looks like Kombat Pack 2 is being revealed tomorrow

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/639175597017726976

C'mon Rain, Frost, Smoke and a robot ninja!

Thinking they will go lazy with Rain, Sindel, Frost, and Baraka.

As spurted of them moving exist.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

First one is either Fujin or Baraka.

Second could be Frost, Sindel or Rain.

Third seems to be Smoke, Noob or Cyrax.

Last one looks like Bo' Rai Cho.