Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

SHSO Quick Guides Creator the_key_24's Avatar

I hope I'm not the only one wanting Bo Rai Cho back
    SHSO Squad Name: Squire Bird Mage
    Next DUEL Most Wanted List: Warriors of the New Age
    Next SOLO Most Wanted List: thwip, thwip, thwip

BANNED

Bo Rai Cho sucks so much, but I'm sure you're not the only person that wants him. He's such a boring, terrible looking design, and he's such a dumb concept for what he's meant to be. They want to do a cool Drunken Master trainer character? Ok, then just do Bagger So...but don't mix one of those smelly farting type characters with him. He's too dumb for the Bagger So type character he's meant to be, and he isn't as interesting and fun as gross characters like Bacterian (Dragon Ball) and Earthquake (Samurai Shodown).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Hey, wait! Kitana's in the game?

I know this story takes place several years after the last game, but wasn't Kitana dead and enslaved in the Netherrealm the last time we saw her? How'd she get out?
    Almost everyone was dead after the last game, and Sub-Zero was turned into a robot.

The comics do explain why everyone is back from the dead and several other details that will explain the story about the game

spoilers:
    there was a war with the netherrealm and it ended with many escaping, scorpion becoming alive again and reviving his clan and characters like Jax and Kung lao returning to life. it also led to Kotal Kahn deposing Melina as ruler of outworld
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    The comics do explain why everyone is back from the dead and several other details that will explain the story about the game

spoilers:
    there was a war with the netherrealm and it ended with many escaping, scorpion becoming alive again and reviving his clan and characters like Jax and Kung lao returning to life. it also led to Kotal Kahn deposing Melina as ruler of outworld
    end of spoilers
    Boy, that does explain a lot. Thanks for that!
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Ah! Thanks!

That clears everything up.

I keep forgetting that the comic is digital first. I'm only getting the print versions because digital comics and I do not get along, for some reason, so I've only read the first two issues.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Was Jade resurrected as well? I heard she wasn't in the game.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Was Jade resurrected as well? I heard she wasn't in the game.
    She isn't in the game, sadly. And Kitana has a fighting mode called "Mournful" in which she fights with Jade's staff and boomerang thingy.

Smart money is on "Jade is dead." Which sucks. She was always one of my faves.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She isn't in the game, sadly. And Kitana has a fighting mode called "Mournful" in which she fights with Jade's staff and boomerang thingy.

Smart money is on "Jade is dead." Which sucks. She was always one of my faves. :(

BANNED

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

They're slow with reveals that's for sure which may be due to the comic.

I can see why Takeda, Jacqui, Frost, Erron Black, Sonya, Jax, and the such cannot be revealed yet as it would ruin the tension the comics are trying to sell which is "Anyone can die! ...But Scorpion, Sub-Zero, ect..."

BANNED

I don't see Frost getting in this game. It already has Sub-Zero, and he has three different styles of play. I would think one of Cassie Cage's styles would be Sonyaish.

Man, it sucks that Jade is really dead. But the whole thing with "Mournful" Kitana is kind of cool. I'm glad they're at least acknowledging that Jade was an important and popular enough character to at least have that.

Also, "klassic" made me laugh. Oh, Mortal Kombat and your love of starting words with "k"...
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I don't see Frost getting in this game. It already has Sub-Zero, and he has three different styles of play. I would think one of Cassie Cage's styles would be Sonyaish.
    Sub-Zero and Frost are very different.

Frost also has a new background. She's an Orphan who never knew her parents, she grew up on the streets and self-taught herself to become an MMA fighter to participate in deathmatches to make a living.

They could easily use her Ice powers far differently from Sub-Zero who was always slower than Frost and now she would have a complete MMA fighting style that Sub-Zero lacks. Frost also has a Rivalry with Cassie Cage now and some are speculating that Sonya may "draft" Frost, who's currently in her "Care" after surviving the Deathmatch that Cassie got lucky in, into Special Forces thus giving Frost a Purpose, Family, and Special Forces training to user her Ice powers in new ways.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    They're slow with reveals that's for sure which may be due to the comic.
    Which is weird, didn't they say a new reveal every week? I could've sworn I heard something similar to that in a twitch stream or in a forum ot something, though I don't have links to back it up so IDK.

EDIT: actually, I think I may be remembering that wrong, I just hope there is a reveal soon.
    Last edited by Step; 02-24-2015 at 11:32 PM.