Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat X

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post

And the three I want to see is Havik, Fujin and Tremor.
    The thing about those three though is you're probably one of the few people that wants any of them. No one really cares about MK characters from the 3D era, people care even less about the MK4 cast, and Tremor is last of the MK ninjas people want.

Although Fujin is in the game, but I'm not sure if he's playable.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 03-12-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Just cause they aren't popular doesn't mean I don't want them to be abandoned, there were some solid character that might have worked had they got worked on some more.

Tanya for example, is a character I wouldn't mind returning, just a snake in the grass who nobody can trust and switches alligences whenever it's convenient for her, a character who's only interested in herself, there aren't many women like that in games, just straight up irredeemable types, I'd like to see what they can do with a character like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    I saw the leak that showed him, is he confirmed a playable character? If so, that kind of...sucks =/ I kinda viewed Cassie Cage as a sort of legacy character, why add Sonya and Johnny Cage if you have their child?
    Agreed full heartly.

The ponit of a legacy character is to replace the relation, especially if have their fighting style!

BANNED

Just cause they aren't popular doesn't mean I don't want them to be abandoned, there were some solid character that might have worked had they got worked on some more.

Tanya for example, is a character I wouldn't mind returning, just a snake in the grass who nobody can trust and switches alligences whenever it's convenient for her, a character who's only interested in herself, there aren't many women like that in games, just straight up irredeemable types, I'd like to see what they can do with a character like that.
    Most of MK's bad characters should just be abandoned. There isn't much point in reworking them into something good and interesting if it means you basically have to make a new character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Agreed full heartly.

The ponit of a legacy character is to replace the relation, especially if have their fighting style!
    They seem to play pretty differently from each other, and their styles sound very different.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Most of MK's bad characters should just be abandoned. There isn't much point in reworking them into something good and interesting if it means you basically have to make a new character.
    I wasn't suggesting they rework her, I was suggesting they work with what they have and flesh her out.

But yeah, if they feel a character is a lost cause, then sure.

BANNED

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/12/819...age-story-mode

Johnny Cage's signature moves, like his slide kick and crotch punch, span his three fighting styles, but "A-List" lets players charge certain normal and special attacks for increased damage. The risk-reward is that charged attacks take a little longer to actually execute, but it's a good opportunity to mix up your moves and inflict more damage if you connect.

Cage's other variations include "Fisticuffs," in which Johnny is outfitted with a pair of brass knuckles (that, of course, read C-A-G-E across the front). Fisticuffs adds a move called fist bump that increases the damage of certain moves for a limited period of time and gives Johnny some flashy combos. Cage can also fight with a "Stunt Double" variation, with which he can create yellow mimics of himself. Instead of performing his signature slide kick or rising uppercut himself, he can launch a ghostly mimic to perform the same move. Stunt Double limits his fireball throwing ability, however. Instead of tossing two fireballs in two different arcs, a la Mortal Kombat 2, Stunt Double Cage can only throw them in a straight horizontal line, as in the original Mortal Kombat.

BANNED

I wasn't suggesting they rework her, I was suggesting they work with what they have and flesh her out.

But yeah, if they feel a character is a lost cause, then sure.
    They don't have anything with her. She's just the female ninja from the Mortal Kombat game no one cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    They don't have anything with her. She's just the female ninja from the Mortal Kombat game no one cares about.
    She's a female ninja who caused all of Endynia too fall to Shinnok, and allow him to wage a war with the gods.

The game wasn't great but I think some characters have potential is all.

Yuck no offence but I couldn't care less about Tanya. There's nothing great or memorable about her.

Where the hell is Jade or Ms. Sindel in this? You can't make a Mortal Kombat game without those two. Would also like to see Khameleon and Li Mei.

BANNED

She's a female ninja who caused all of Endynia too fall to Shinnok, and allow him to wage a war with the gods.

The game wasn't great but I think some characters have potential is all.
    But no one cares about that stuff. She's just yellow ninja girl, the least interesting of the ninja girls.

The only MK4 character I would say is good is Quan Chi...and he doesn't even actually come from MK4.

So whats the current roster?

Johnny Cage
    Sonya Blade
    Cassie Cage
    Kotal Kahn
    D'Vorah
    Reptile
    Ferra/Torr
    Mileena
    Kitana
    Ermac
    Kano
    Jax
    Jacqui
    Takeda
    Kung Jin
    Kung Lao
    Quan Chi
    Shinnok
    Sub-Zero
    Scorpion
    Goro
    Raiden

how many more spots do we have? 3?

I'm expecting Erron Black, Liu Kang and Kenshi.

If more, Fujin and Rain.

Happy Friday the 13th.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I thought Johnny would have become less of a joker after a while especially given the events of the last game.

One character I'd have liked to see return is Kai from MK4. I thought his fighting style was kind of interesting and I would have loved to see his past expanded on. Hey if Stryker can be given a chance to win fans over, anything's possible right?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I thought Johnny would have become less of a joker after a while especially given the events of the last game.

One character I'd have liked to see return is Kai from MK4. I thought his fighting style was kind of interesting and I would have loved to see his past expanded on. Hey if Stryker can be given a chance to win fans over, anything's possible right?
    Given that MK9 was effectively 1-3 redux, I was expecting more elements of MK4 to be in X, reworked and rejigged. Kai, Jarek, Fujin, Reiko. Bit of shame they haven't gone that way.