Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Alpha Flight: Fall of X #1

I can't believe no one has started a thread about this issue yet. As an old school AF fan I really loved this issue. I'm not going to post any spoilers because I think it's better to read this one without any. There are more classic AF call backs than I expected. Great art and great story make for a great first issue. My only nitpick is that the Box Sentinels don't look like the classic Box. After reading that last page it's going to be a long wait til the next issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I can't believe no one has started a thread about this issue yet. As an old school AF fan I really loved this issue. I'm not going to post any spoilers because I think it's better to read this one without any. There are more classic AF call backs than I expected. Great art and great story make for a great first issue. My only nitpick is that the Box Sentinels don't look like the classic Box. After reading that last page it's going to be a long wait til the next issue.
    I think most here get their books on Thursday...

I've honestly never read an Alpha Flight book in my life, but I enjoyed this a fair bit. Especially the cameos and the ending.

The ending was great and it makes me feel like there's going to be a twist within that twist. I hope we don't have a triple agent on our hands.
    Last edited by JB; 08-16-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Maybe this was so lame that no one even bothers to write a summary?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I liked it and I thought the art was great. I didn't read much of OG Alpha Flight so I don't have a deep connection to the characters, but it's a good issue.

Anyone want to spoil it? lol
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Very good issue! I love the ending.. I didn’t think they’d actually do that..

I wish we’d get Alpha Flight Epic collections so I can have the old ones on my shelf…

I hope Bochsie Jr gets treated better than his old man. I really hated the Mantlo character assassination. But this book I enjoyed. The twist was a really smart way to keep people guessing how the series is going go - you're set up to think the conflict is going to be yet another case of two teams having good intentions but just not communicating, but nah. Shot down, first issue. The art was good, but docking half a point for the lack of pointed ears on the Beaubier twins. Looking forward to the next one.

Nice to see Box II and Janus of the Derangers again as well as Feedback and the new mutant Argent.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 08-16-2023 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Anyone want to spoil it? lol
    So from the preview pages we know Guardian, Snowbird, Puck, and Shaman are working with the government which has banned mutants from Canada. Erika Doiron, the Director of Department H, takes them to a facility where she introduces them to Roger Bochs Jr., son of Box. He's created Box Sentinels which are sleeker and faster than Stark Sentinels. Roger can control them when he wears a special helmet in case their AI were to ever go rogue. Soon they'll be launched out into the public.

There's a scene in California at a biotech research center. A Dr. Lucas Peterson is working when he's approached by I guess his boss and a few Orchis troops pointing guns at him. Apparently he lied when he signed an employment affidavit stating he's not a mutant. He denies it, gets hit with a gun then powers up, leaps through a window and gets away.

Back in Canada Guardian's team is chasing a mutant when Northstar's team shows up and they fight while bystanders film them with cell phones. The mutant being chased says he was trying to find a Krakoa gate but they're all closed and he just wants to leave. The mysterious Nemesis shows up and teleports the mutant and Northstar away. A crowd has formed all filming with their phones and Guardian's team look dumb.

Later that evening back in California Dr. Lucas Peterson calls his wife from a gas station with likely a burner phone and tells her he's been lying to her. His real name is Albert Louis (aka Feedback) and that he's a mutant. She says she doesn't care and she loves him and tells him to come home. He says he can't right now but hopefully soon and that he loves her. It's a sad scene. He hangs up and destroys the phone with his powers. Turns out Orchis troops are sitting with her and pinged Albert's location from the call. His wife isn't bad though, you can tell she hated doing that to her husband.

Director Karen is yelling at Guardian's team over what happened. Guardian says it won't happen and she's like you're damn right it won't because we're rolling out a dozen Box Sentinels tomorrow.

At some location called Krakoa North in Manitoba, there's a very nice safehouse where Northstar's group is keeping rescued mutants. The young mutant they saved earlier asked if they can go to Mars but Northstar says it's unsafe so they're planning to take them to Chandilar. The young mutant asks, "When?" and Shaman says, "soon" while walking in with his group and Fang and Aurora. He says it's only a matter of time before Department H finds out the two groups have been working together so they need to get every mutant off earth as fast as they can. End.

My concern is that there's a triple agent actually working for Department H. It feels like the reveal happened too early and there's another twist in store. But it's a fun issue and the art is dope.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm literally eating my words. This was an excellent read start to finish. And I'm glad the reveal was what I was hoping for just like the original X-Factor back in the day. I can't wait for issue 02. Yes the art is indeed dope.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm literally eating my words. This was an excellent read start to finish. And I'm glad the reveal was what I was hoping for just like the original X-Factor back in the day. I can't wait for issue 02. Yes the art is indeed dope.
    Out of all the X-books that came out today, this was the best one, and least expected! I can't wait to read more, bring on 2! This was a great first start!

I used to read the old school Alpha Flight so I liked the callbacks to Box and Feedback. I feel like there is more to this story and I'm not sure I trust Guardian with his shady history.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Box, Feedback, Janus, plus there’s something bigger out there. I almost think MadJeff is Bochs Jr with an image inducer/plus a ring like Emma’s wearing to mask her mutant genes.

My biggest complaint was the lack of Aurora, plus some of the others, like Talisman, Manikin, Persuasion, etc.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com