Page 1 of 78 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Welcome to the X-Merch thread, hope you can find what you're looking for...

I just noticed that the title is a little ambiguous... Anyway, there is some new X-toys, at least in Japan...

BANNED

Just statues, Koto has been releasing them non-stop. But there are X stuff still out there. We just had 4 exclusively X related Minimate waves last year. I'll admit, they do not come out as often as Avengers stuff, but the 'embargo" isn't as drastic as to outright "ban" X-Related products. But yeah, it's pretty bad when compared to say, the new "golden boys" like Cap and Tony. Even Spider-Man merch has been put on the backburner in favor of the Movie-Vengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Just statues, Koto has been releasing them non-stop. But there are X stuff still out there. We just had 4 exclusively X related Minimate waves last year. I'll admit, they do not come out as often as Avengers stuff, but the 'embargo" isn't as drastic as to outright "ban" X-Related products. But yeah, it's pretty bad when compared to say, the new "golden boys" like Cap and Tony. Even Spider-Man merch has been put on the backburner in favor of the Movie-Vengers.
    Yes, there is Iron Man armors kits everywhere.... I saw a few other X-stuff that weren't figurine too but not much. Well, a few years ago, there wasn't a single comics goodie in japanese shop so...

We'll also have a new Marvel Legends X-Wave next year with Jim Lee confirmed and six more characters to go.
    I wish for:
    Jim Lee Cyclops
    FA Storm
    Iceman (new sculpt)
    White Magneto (with a black variant)
    Opeña Suit Psylocke
    Hoverchair Professor in green jumpsuit
    BAF Sauron

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Yes, there is Iron Man armors kits everywhere.... I saw a few other X-stuff that weren't figurine too but not much. Well, a few years ago, there wasn't a single comics goodie in japanese shop so...
    Do you collect Hot Toys or 1/6th figs in general? Well, if you do, you'd know how f@cked up the whole Iron Man thing is. They're making 300$ figs of every.single.damn.armor. Remember those 40-something armors in IM3? They all got a fig. A 250-550$ dollar fig. Doesn't matter if their screen time was 2 seconds, they still got one. Damn Hot Toys...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Do you collect Hot Toys or 1/6th figs in general? Well, if you do, you'd know how f@cked up the whole Iron Man thing is. They're making 300$ figs of every.single.damn.armor. Remember those 40-something armors in IM3? They all got a fig. A 250-550$ dollar fig. Doesn't matter if their screen time was 2 seconds, they still got one. Damn Hot Toys...
    No, I don't. I used to buy garage kits and they were easly 10'000-20'000 yen for the big one (1/6 - 1/4). And that was un-assembled and un-painted. Naturally, most of them weren't made in large quantity (which isn't exactly they case for Kodobukiya. But, yeah, that's pretty expensive. I don't like the "cold cast" anyway: painting is pretty basic. Hong Kong hand-painted copies (well, they do their own figurines now) are way better and a lot cheaper (if you don't want to paint them yourself...).

Regarding the X-men merchandise I think they're planning on doing some more Hasbro "Legends" figures. A new Jim Lee style Rogue is being developed I think-although Rogue-although far more of an X-men-does, like Beast-sort of have Avengers history and backstory compared to some others who don't. Appearing first in the Avengers annual, having Carol's persona and powers for a great deal of time, membership in the Unity version etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-14-2015 at 07:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    We'll also have a new Marvel Legends X-Wave next year with Jim Lee confirmed and six more characters to go.
    I wish for:
    Jim Lee Cyclops
    FA Storm
    Iceman (new sculpt)
    White Magneto (with a black variant)
    Opeña Suit Psylocke
    Hoverchair Professor in green jumpsuit
    BAF Sauron
    Hoping to see an X-Verine to capitalize on All-New.

Definitely getting a ML Rogue in an upcoming wave.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post

Jubilee was like 12 years old back then. Now gone through the typical otaku filter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Jubilee was like 12 years old back then. Now gone through the typical otaku filter.
    And right next to the Wasp, too. And yeah, Japanese media has a pretty bad habit of sexing up character designs that are supposed to belong to younger girls, though Western media hasn't always been significantly better in that area. That aside, I am quite happy that Japan is determined to keep giving us X-Men stuff . . . after all, X-Men got an anime before the Avengers did, and even in the Avengers anime, the X-Men had a significant story arc. Of course, it helps that there are more X-Men of Japanese descent and origin than Avengers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Is there any news about the Wolverine toys?

I saw a colossus toy at wal mart packaged in a box that said "marvel superhero". There was no "xmen" or "mutant" on the packaging.

However on the same shelf there were tons of similar toys that were avengers that were clearly labeled "avengers"

Just thought that was funny.

Anyway these statues or toys or whatever they are that you posted are pretty cool.

BANNED

They were solicited years ago. That set with Cyclops/Emma/Magik/Magneto just started being released. More statue then figures.

That Jubilee one is pretty old, I've had it for almost a year. Storm is older.