Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The Legion has many members so maybe a tv show is better for the Legion.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81l%2B4GnqJDS.jpg

Absolutely Needed:

Superboy
    Cosmic Boy
    Saturn Girl
    Lightning Lad

Possible Extras:

Sun Boy
    Triplicate Girl
    Brainiac 5
    Phantom Girl

I'd ideally like to see a LoSH start during the Adventure Comics era of the team and have a similar tone though the actual plot can have a bit more weight to it. Elements like the Legion tryouts and rejections should definitely be included as well.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    The Legion has many members so maybe a tv show is better for the Legion.
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81l%2B4GnqJDS.jpg
    I agree. Two hours are not enough for such a bigger cast.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I agree. Two hours are not enough for such a bigger cast.
    I think an(other) animated show would be ideal.

I dont think a live action would work. Such a huge draw of the Legion is the futuristic setting and visually creative characters like Bouncing Boy that I dont think could be pulled off on a tv budget.

A live action movie would be awesome though. The large number of cast isnt a problem because not all of them have to be main characters.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    I say keep the cheesy names. It gives the property some charm and uniqueness imo. There should be a futuristic 60's quality to the Legion imo.
    EXACTLY. Marvel embraces everything about their characters, you can see it in the films.

But DC can't even say the characters names??? Not even Martian Manhunter?? Because that sounds stupid huh....ridiculous.

Legion can probably be done like a star trek tv show. The tv show can be called Legion Outpost assuming there are many legion outposts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    I think an(other) animated show would be ideal.

I dont think a live action would work. Such a huge draw of the Legion is the futuristic setting and visually creative characters like Bouncing Boy that I dont think could be pulled off on a tv budget.

A live action movie would be awesome though. The large number of cast isnt a problem because not all of them have to be main characters.
    Maybe a Legion Lost series then? With the future legionnaries stranded in the present and fighting for return home.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

A legion tv show can also be done like an invaders from the future with the legion of super-villains, fatal five, taurus gang, devil's dozen, etc. already in the current time in disguise with secret identities. The Legion will also have secret identities in the current time.

BANNED

The core
    ---------------------
    Lightining Lad
    Saturn Girl
    Cosmic Boy
    ---------------------

Timber Wolf (cause he has the potential to be as cool as Wolverine)
    Karate Kid (cause he has the potential to be as cool as Ryu from Street fighteres)
    Braniac 5 (cause a green cyborg with super intelegence is kind a cool... he's like a green data from star trek and i heard that he and supergirl used to be a couple...wow who would build a robot capable of sex... lol... insane lol who builded him ? and when did a Braniac model turn out to be good for the first time ?, i don't know and these has big story potential if you ask me)
    Ultra Boy (i just like him lol)
    Starman (cause i like his beard lol... he was so cool in Geoff Johns JSA story, i think they should take away his medication more often cause the insane starman was incredibly fun to read and would be as much as fun to watch)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    EXACTLY. Marvel embraces everything about their characters, you can see it in the films.

But DC can't even say the characters names??? Not even Martian Manhunter?? Because that sounds stupid huh....ridiculous.
    Marvel certainly doesn't embrace everything about their characters. They change a lot of stuff and they even mock their comics cod names with their tongue firmly in their cheeks. See their treatment of the name 'Star-Lord" just to give an example. Then there's the more recent example of the Purple Man ij "Jessica Jones". I suspect that if DC used the xact same approach they would be accused of not "embracing their characters".