Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who would you want to see on the core team in a LOSH film?

For me it would have to be: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Timber Wolf, Dawnstar, Brainiac 5 & Wildfire. I'd imagine they would want to have a small team with the others being characters you see in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    For me it would have to be: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Timber Wolf, Dawnstar, Brainiac 5 & Wildfire. I'd imagine they would want to have a small team with the others being characters you see in the background.
    That's exactly the team I would love to see! The founders, Timber Wolf as the rebel, Wildfire as the smart ass hothead, Brainiac 5 obviously the brains, and Dawnstar as the spiritual center.

Incredible Member

Yeah, a core group of main characters with a ton of background characters, which is essential imo. Also, Bouncing Boy, played by Jonah Hill or something.

I also personally like the Peter Pan / Harry Potter esque story of a young Clark being whisked away to this futuristic world, though I could see why some would resist his inclusion.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 11-14-2015 at 04:49 PM.

For a Legion movie, can start with 3 members like in the Smallville Tv show, just use the real names and get rid of the stupid code names : Rokk Krinn, Garth Ranzz and Imra Ardeen. Can use nicknames like polestar, livewire or spark or pulse, telepath. Can do the movie as the future Legion visiting the Justice League.

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

Due to the vastness of the LOSH I think I'd rather see it done as a really well done series with a decent budget. Each episode in any given season could have a different PoV character but as part of the bigger story. Besides the sheer size of the Legion I think this would work well due to the sorts of things the Legion does, romantic triangles, teams forming up and going off on missions while others do other stuff. Instead of just following the big guns of the Legion it'd help show off how the rest of the Legion membership view each other and their own roles in the group.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy definitely, or it wouldn't be the Legion.

Then Brainiac5 (not one of my faves, but the Brainiac name is familiar to some), Dawnstar, Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Shadow Lass, Mon-El, Star Boy and Dream Girl would get my vote to choose from to round out the cast. Maybe White Witch, too.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

I say keep the cheesy names. It gives the property some charm and uniqueness imo. There should be a futuristic 60's quality to the Legion imo.

A movie for kids might work better like LEGO LEGION movie so can use the boy girl code names.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    That's exactly the team I would love to see! The founders, Timber Wolf as the rebel, Wildfire as the smart ass hothead, Brainiac 5 obviously the brains, and Dawnstar as the spiritual center.
    I think you're onto something. However, I'd make a couple of changes.

The founders? A must.

Wildfire? He's so unique, absolutely he makes a cool contrast because he's so pissed off, but he has to express it thru a robot exosuit.

We've already got one pissed off dude in Wildfire, and Timber Wolf looks too much like Wolverine (even tho Brin predates Logan), so go with Karate Kid (racially mix this: go Hindu or Latino for Val).

Dawnstar: Karate Kid could fill the spiritul role, so I'd say go more happy-go-lucky with Dawnstar. Don't make her an airhead, but more she just exists on a higher conceptual plane, that lets her see the bright side of everything. That would be a great contrast with Saturn Girl, who'd spend her every waking hour looking into the darkest corners of the human soul.

Ultra Boy: Brainy works (and the weirder the better), but the field's getting crowded and (subbing K Kid for T-Wolf) it lacks muscle. Besides, U-Boy's one-at-a-time Superman powers make for interesting challenges.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 11-14-2015 at 06:14 PM.

The founding members....and Superman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    For a Legion movie, can start with 3 members like in the Smallville Tv show, just use the real names and get rid of the stupid code names : Rokk Krinn, Garth Ranzz and Imra Ardeen. Can use nicknames like polestar, livewire or spark or pulse, telepath. Can do the movie as the future Legion visiting the Justice League.
    I love the LoS code names. It's their attempt at recreating the Age of Superheroes. They're young people trying to bring back a forgotten era. I recall during Waid's run the characters where trying to come up with names and Lightning Lad was telling the new Legionaries how it was done. "It has to be adjective-noun! Super-man, Bat-man, Wonder-Woman..."

Besides the main guys like Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Brainiac 5, I would choose:

Princess Projectra: her costume looks cool!

Starman/Thom Kallor: Loved him in John's JSA.

......Okay, so I don't know jack about the Legion of Superheroes.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Superman is more popular so can maybe do a Superman movie featuring Legion characters like Mon-El, Dev-Em, Laurel Kent, Ultra Boy (same powers as Superman), Brainiac 5, Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.

Astonishing Member

If they should ever do a LOSH film, I hope they will use Superboy in the first movie. Hopefully that will get people to see this film.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Rokk, Imra, Garth, Brainac 5, Timberwolf, Dawnstar, Wildfire

I'd bring Mon-El, Shadow Lass, Starman, Reep, and Laurel Kent in eventually. Maybe Gates.

I'd drop all the code names and make a firm connection to Superman. Sorta be vague on where he is though.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-15-2015 at 01:22 AM.