Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm new to WW-verse (have never read any of her solo books) but after watching the movie, I would really love to read about her and Steve. I agree that DC needs to build her up in her own universe without "piggy-backing" on Bats/Supes. It would be weird for the movies to succeed in this while the comics fail.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I'm new to WW-verse (have never read any of her solo books) but after watching the movie, I would really love to read about her and Steve. I agree that DC needs to build her up in her own universe without "piggy-backing" on Bats/Supes. It would be weird for the movies to succeed in this while the comics fail.
    Well welcome to it but be warned there haven't been any stories involving Steve and Diana since the 1980's when the writer George Perez instead of trying to flex his imagination to improve Steve took away their love story for the next thirty years. I'm not even sure why.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 01-24-2018 at 02:31 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Well welcome to it but be warned there haven't been any stories involving Steve and Diana since the 1980's when the writer George Perez instead of trying to flex his imagination to improve Steve took away their love story for the next thirty years. I'm not even sure why.
    I kind of gathered that, which is rather sad.

I kind of gathered that, which is rather sad.
    Indeed I feel that it stems from the selective memories fans have of Steve and the fact when you have fans writing character that they love it often just ends with doing wrong stuff because they harbor a lot of unprofessional attitudes. Because they eithe rlike the character or hate the character. Still I just hope DC would simply transplant the Chris Pine iteration of Steve's personality into the DC Universe. Kind of funny that it was people who do not work in the comic book industry who succeeded where others failed. But why do you think so because after learning about Steve Trevor I came to see him as character unrealised potential and came to see what Post Crisis did as a sad waste of him.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 01-24-2018 at 03:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Indeed I feel that it stems from the selective memories fans have of Steve and the fact when you have fans writing character that they love it often just ends with doing wrong stuff because they harbor a lot of unprofessional attitudes. Because they eithe rlike the character or hate the character. Still I just hope DC would simply transplant the Chris Pine iteration of Steve's personality into the DC Universe. Kind of funny that it was people who do not work in the comic book industry who succeeded where others failed. But why do you think so because after learning about Steve Trevor I came to see him as character unrealised potential and came to see what Post Crisis did as a sad waste of him.
    The thing I realised with longstanding serialised writing (comics not excluded), there's a revolving door of writers who want to make their "mark" on established characters, sometimes to the detriment of said characters that existed long before they came around to pen them. I don't subscribe to this kind of storytelling as I have seen how some characters are neglected (as this seems to have happened with WW's cast of supporting characters in the DCU) or changed into something they never were. I'm not saying comics stories/characters shouldn't be open to change. Change is good but this doesn't mean it has to be wholesale and without rhyme or reason. If that's going to be the end result, you may as well create new characters with new stories away from what's come before which has been an established foundation.

I've recently started lurking in this sub-forum and trying to see if getting into WW's solo book will be worth it but so far I can't say I'm all that interested as I have read discouraging comments about how she's being written as there are for any character, including those who are my favourite but with them, I was a fan LONG before the internet so I kind of feel trapped to continue with them even if the writing sucks. Basically I don't need something that will end up giving me a headache not even in the long run.

I do hope to read WW...someday. Until then, I'll stick to lucking.

The thing I realised with longstanding serialised writing (comics not excluded), there's a revolving door of writers who want to make their "mark" on established characters, sometimes to the detriment of said characters that existed long before they came around to pen them. I don't subscribe to this kind of storytelling as I have seen how some characters are neglected (as this seems to have happened with WW's cast of supporting characters in the DCU) or changed into something they never were. I'm not saying comics stories/characters shouldn't be open to change. Change is good but this doesn't mean it has to be wholesale and without rhyme or reason. If that's going to be the end result, you may as well create new characters with new stories away from what's come before which has been an established foundation.

I've recently started lurking in this sub-forum and trying to see if getting into WW's solo book will be worth it but so far I can't say I'm all that interested as I have read discouraging comments about how she's being written as there are for any character, including those who are my favourite but with them, I was a fan LONG before the internet so I kind of feel trapped to continue with them even if the writing sucks. Basically I don't need something that will end up giving me a headache not even in the long run.

I do hope to read WW...someday. Until then, I'll stick to lucking.
    Admitted that might also be another reason why people consider comics kids stuff because the writers themselves are essentially kids. And why I generally prefer content outside of mainstream American comics and to make my own things. Still the use of different writers to pen a character is not an entirely bad thing as the companies just have to train the writer and keep them under a tight leash but being so immature that never ends well especially when you think about what happened to Jim Shooter who actually held Marvel's continuity together quite nicely. Yeah I know some people who have a low opinion of Steve Trevor like user Agent Z who felt what happened to him was not a big loss but the thing is George Perez's iteration while good had several unneeded complications. But I know plenty of people who would gladly improve him without using too much of what Perez did and I think any of them can take the Wonder Woman franchise to heights it never knew. Too bad the comic book industry has become insular because by shutting out new writers they shut out new ideas. Nevertheless I feel your pain and may there be a day where Wonder Woman and comic characters in general get some real respect. So feel free to continue lurking until then.

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

Oh, HELL yeah!

Take that, Clark and Bruce. Steve has the sweeter tush!

I hope she drags him back into that bed ��
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Oh, HELL yeah!

Take that, Clark and Bruce. Steve has the sweeter tush!

I hope she drags him back into that bed ��
    Thing is, this is actually a dream she's having

He has buns only a girl like her could dream of

Extraordinary Member

Holding hands with her secret boy

Generally what is Steve’s age range? I wonder I'm the only one who would like to see Lyta again?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Congrats on 100K views people!

Folks online can't seem to get enough of these two as a couple.

And then there's this that still has my head spinning

Ok, totally late to the game on that second pic ... what comic is THAT from???

Such a sucker for any Diana x Steve art, esp when she is shown to be taller than him:

Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-19-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Some say Steve and Diana can’t work because what does Steve learn from Diana and what does Diana learn from Steve. I don’t know maybe the fact they both come from a place that should value loyalty. They both have skills that is special to them. I wonder shouldn’t Diana teach Steve certain things from the amazons ? I would think that’s interesting. What should Steve teach Diana ?

BANNED

What I loved about the WW movie is how Diana bonded with Steve's team and learned something about the men in man's world. Steve can teach her how to gain a real sense of family and comradeship among the same team we saw in the special, as opposed to her sisterly ties with Artemis and Etta. I'd like to see Diana be the tomboy sister-in-arms.