Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Despite what the first movie did Steve. Would you guys want Steve to be alive in Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Despite what the first movie did Steve. Would you guys want Steve to be alive in Wonder Woman?
    I adored Steve in the first movie.

Leave him dead. Let his sacrifice have meaning.

Yes. While for audiences, his death will have been temporary of only the length between two films being released, for Wonder Woman the character, his death has been something that has been with her for 40-something years. In the narrative it would still have meaning and long-lasting consequence. Not to mention Steve dying and resurrecting was his thing way before Superman made it popular again in the 90s.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Yeah, and there was plenty of drama when Steve was revived in the comics...he'd take greater risks and even changed up his appearance, which always annoyed Diana

Considering Steve in the comics has come back to life from
    1. crashing his plane
    2. Being gunned down by nazis
    3. being atomized by egg-fu
    4. being shot and falling down ten flights of stairs
    5. being used as a power source to revive the Dark commander

We can afford to have Steve pull at least one revival in the movies.

Astonishing Member

I LOVED Steve in the first movie and I would hate to have his character gone for good. Since he has a history of resurrecting, I'm therefore not against him coming back (periodically) even if his death was so well done and we now live in an era where people want deaths in comic books and their movies to stick in order for them to have "weight". I feel his death in the movie was premature and because he was so well received and CP was charismatic playing him to perfection, WB is likely backtracking a bit. It almost reminds me of Han's character from the Fast and the Furious movies and how he was "brought back" after dying in Tokyo Drift, ironically the subsequent movies was the first place I saw Gal Gadot who played his girlfriend.

They are so adorable together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I LOVED Steve in the first movie and I would hate to have his character gone for good. Since he has a history of resurrecting, I'm therefore not against him coming back (periodically) even if his death was so well done and we now live in an era where people want deaths in comic books and their movies to stick in order for them to have "weight". I feel his death in the movie was premature and because he was so well received and CP was charismatic playing him to perfection, WB is likely backtracking a bit. It almost reminds me of Han's character from the Fast and the Furious movies and how he was "brought back" after dying in Tokyo Drift, ironically the subsequent movies was the first place I saw Gal Gadot who played his girlfriend.
    I think choosing to revive him in a period of time even before BVS is a little like trying to backpeddle but not wanting to compromise continuity (even if JL somewhat contradicted pieces of it already)

I have no idea on how they're getting Steve Trevor back in Wonder Woman 84, but I'd hope that any real plot that brings him back to life for real would be suitably mythic. Like Diana undertaking a journey down to Hades (preferably together with Chief/Napi).

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

I’m curious what if Steve somehow is alive again if or when they go to the modern age? I mean if Steve in this 84 is an illusion that wood make sense. But how would it explain the first movie. Unless they are going with the storylines of him being brought back to life a few times. I honestly hope it’s due to cheetah.

Extraordinary Member

Yes, but also considering the next movie is set 35 years ago Steve would be in his 70's if he survived to the same time as BVS. which frankly seems unlikely, considering how Diana reacted to his picture.

So if he is really back for WW84 he is still not back long term, as I see it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

The only way to have Steve not age is for some how Diana to find magic that will keep Steve from aging like a normal human being.