Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Is anyone getting a bit of golden age Marston's Steve from Rebirth? I mean they are both intelligent smart and don't mind Diana being powerful

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Is anyone getting a bit of golden age Marston's Steve from Rebirth? I mean they are both intelligent smart and don't mind Diana being powerful
    Eh, not myself personally. I mean Rebirth Steve is fine and borrows alot from the movie version but Golden age?
    Golden Age Steve Trevor is the one who pines for Diana and writes sonnets about her. The one who can with a straight face declare that if he was to die he wished to do it at Dianas side. He was lovestruck to the core and when he wasn't talking about how head over heels he was for Diana he was either being the man of action (which he pulled off well in Rebirth) or doing some activity such as playing baseball with children or taking his niece to the zoo or leading a boyscout troop or visiting one of his thousand friends from the army or cooking a full course meal for Wonder Woman or boasting how good he is at doing housework.

Golden age Steve was more well rounded and three dimensional.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Eh, not myself personally. I mean Rebirth Steve is fine and borrows alot from the movie version but Golden age?
    Golden Age Steve Trevor is the one who pines for Diana and writes sonnets about her. The one who can with a straight face declare that if he was to die he wished to do it at Dianas side. He was lovestruck to the core and when he wasn't talking about how head over heels he was for Diana he was either being the man of action (which he pulled off well in Rebirth) or doing some activity such as playing baseball with children or taking his niece to the zoo or leading a boyscout troop or visiting one of his thousand friends from the army or cooking a full course meal for Wonder Woman or boasting how good he is at doing housework.

Golden age Steve was more well rounded and three dimensional.
    Why do you think Dc made him less of character? I mean later on he was only known for his love of Diana and nothing more. I loved Steve's humor

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why do you think Dc made him less of character? I mean later on he was only known for his love of Diana and nothing more. I loved Steve's humor
    Well a big factor is the fact that following Marston, Kanigher for the large part defined Steve for close to two decades and he for the most part didn't really do much with Steve beyond make him an aggressive buffoon.
    Then Steve died during the mod era.
    Then when he came back to life there was a whole plot point how he had to pretend to be dead meaning he was forced to abandon his personal life, all his family and friends, and his whole life revolved around Diana and a secret agent job for S.O.S.
    Then he died again and we got those earth-2 stories which were focused heavily on action with us never seeing them interact during a moment of down time.

Then he came back to life again in the main Earth and it was an attempt at harkening to golden age where Steve was in love with Wonder Woman but uninterested in Diana. During this period we never saw Steve outside of missions and he never really interacted with Diana outside of adventures. Unlike Marstons Steve who regularly took Diana out to dinner and on dates to the park or the zoo, this Steve seemed to more admire Wonder Woman from afar and didn't even speak to her outside of an adventure.
    They would end up marrying during this period but we were never shown a why for their love.

Post crisis happened and Steve became older. He went from being a love interest and main character to a minor supporting role, meaning his personal life never came up and we don't actually see him when he isn't off duty. This Steve winds up marrying Etta and beyond establishing that his parents are in their 80s we don't actually see anything of his life.

Then new 52 happened and Wonder Woman is more focused on greek mythology than it is about the protagonist having a life or interacting with anyone, much less whether or not her supporting cast have lives.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

[

BANNED

BANNED

For Tonight (more reading material)

https://archiveofourown.org/works/15945026

By The Ocean Where I Unravel