Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Supergirl as a beta? Ouch! I wouldn't post that on the Superboards.

Though I think according to your criteria she is a Delta.

Though it does raise interesting questions of relationships between 2 Alphas.
    You know what, I forgot to add a final important criteria to the delta (which I'll edit now): A Delta no longer retains the derivative name, logo/emblem, or costume as their Alpha. Hence Power Girl and Huntress would be Deltas, but Supergirl and Batgirl remain Betas for as long as they carry on the name/emblems of their respective Alphas.

Steve Trevor is never going get his own ongoing series to develop his own independent supporting cast and his own independent personal rogues gallery, with a new origin independent of Wonder Woman. He will never be an Alpha, or even a Delta. He'll stay a Beta and that's OK. His star goes as Wonder Woman's star goes.

Extraordinary Member

Back on track...

First pic - the course of true love never runs smooth...

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Oh, she letting him be on top.

That's so sweet

If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

From the last issue of Smallville:

Her secret boy =)
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

The main thing I like about the WW/ST relationship is that no matter how badly executed it was at times, it's still better than what DC delivered in WW/SM. I thought that would be interesting when I first heard about it, but now...ugh... please come back Steve!

Piggybacking off the whole Secret Boy vibe, Teenage Diana and Teenage Steve are so adorable, even when their lives are in danger!

#secretboyfordiana
    #teamsteve

Extraordinary Member

Team Steve is on Twitter?

Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Piggybacking off the whole Secret Boy vibe, Teenage Diana and Teenage Steve are so adorable, even when their lives are in danger!

#secretboyfordiana
    #teamsteve

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Team Steve is on Twitter?

Awesome!!!
    It is? Sweet! I was just messin' around with those hashtags, plus I saw it originally on a T-shirt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

B/c singlehood represents independence, while couplehood represents interdependence. You don't hear too many songs celebrating interdependence.
    there's a llot of songs about "without you..."

maybe today Ben Caldweel WW manga would be published

it's not because it wasn't done for a long time, there isn't creators interested on it. IF DC was smart they would had launch a WW YA a long time ago to catch Percy jackson interest.

WHOA! What is that?? I've never heard of Ben Caldwell' WW manga before this.

Quick scouring brought this up:

This sounds really good, but it looks like this never got off the ground (all that info is from summer 2010 ... over 4 years ago).

I dislike Batman's intrusion in what should be an all-Wonderverse affair (I'd dislike any other non-Wonderverse hero like Superman or Orion showing up as well), but otherwise this looks like it would have been solid. Love Steve Trevor's look here.

Maybe they could tweek the concept some and release a reworked version in the near future?

BANNED

Paul Pope had a Kamandi pitched turned down by DC, because "Dc did comics for 45 years old". He turned his script in the Battling boy comic that is winning many awards and critical acclaim.
    Ben Caldwell should have done the same.

I still have hope for WW anniversary they will do the WW manga from ben Caldwell.

Batman inclusion probably has t do with: WW never having another A list love interest besides Trevor and because of the justice league cartoon. and batman being introduced to a book being a love interest is a good gender inversion

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I still have hope for WW anniversary they will do the WW manga from ben Caldwell.
    That was started back in 2010. It's 2014 now. That Caldwell Wonder Woman manga project is as dead as Adam Hughes' ill-fated All-Star Wonder Woman idea.

Batman inclusion probably has t do with: WW never having another A list love interest besides Trevor and because of the justice league cartoon. and batman being introduced to a book being a love interest is a good gender inversion
    I do think Steve Trevor (being a male Lois Lane to Diana's female Superman) needs a romantic rival to up his game, but that rival needs to be in-house, from the Wonderverse (NOT Superman, Batman or Orion or anyone else from the larger DCU). Basically the Wonderverse should get its own version of Lana Lang. Someone who represents a viable alternative for Diana, someone who is clearly different from Steve while still being a good guy, someone who will ultimately lose out to Steve for Diana's affections, but someone who Wonder Woman fans would actually like as a long-term BETA character. Maybe some amalgamation of Tom Tresser and Trevor Barnes? Tom Barnes? What would THAT look like?

Anyway, back to more Diana X Steve love ...

First impressions are often the strongest ones

BANNED

BANNED

after original sin people still want trevor to be the nick fury of DC universe? lol

by Jose Garcia-Lopez c. 1982

Lynda Carter and Lyle Waggonner as Diana and Steve c. 1970s