Spectacular Member

Default Death Squadron (Star Wars) invades MCU Earth

A rift opens once Darth Vader's Death Squadron jumps into hyperspace in order to go to the next sector to deploy more probe droids. The rift sucks up Death Squadron and deposits them at the edge of the Sol solar system in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As soon as they arrive, Vader has a vision that individuals on Earth will have a significant impact on the Galactic Civil War and that a group of heroes in the country called the United States of America can turn the tide of the war in the rebels' favor. This cannot be allowed and Vader immediately has Death Squadron set course for Earth to neutralize the threat.

Over in Asgard, Heimdall sees the arrival of the Imperial fleet and alerts Thor to the danger, who relays the threat posed by the fleet to Tony Stark. Tony has been working on studying some objects and technology, particularly the shield generated to protect the rift projector from the Avengers movie (I forget its official name). Anyway, he can generate a shield over the Avengers Tower, much like the shield over the rebel base on Hoth. Still, knowing that nukes will be needed to take down the fleet, he contacts the President to alert him to the situation while Thor talks to the other Avengers and Agent Coulson to get the new S.H.I.E.L.D. onboard. The President decides to ready the nuclear weapons of Earth to strike at the Star Destroyers when they get in range while the Avengers and Agent Coulson's S.H.I.E.L.D. deals with the ground invasion. As for Tony and the Avengers, they're busting out all of their toys against the Imperial invasion, including the weapons shown in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., as well as a new set of forty Iron Drones for Iron Man.

Up in orbit, Vader's fleet detects the shield over the Avenger's Tower but scans indicate the presence of humans on Earth. Intrigued by this, he decides not to immediately bombard the Earth back to the stone age, yet, and decides to launch their invasion forces to capture the planet and learn its secrets, a force vision indicating that this is both risky, but the rewards will be well worth it. The initial assault is split between Washington D.C. and New York since he wants to take down what he believes is Earth's capital but also deal with the threat that the Avengers pose.

What happens? Can the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. hold off Darth Vader and possibly even destroy the invading fleet or is Earth doomed to either fall or be destroyed? The Avengers have themselves, a Quinjet, along with forty Iron Drones. Note that there is an attack both on Washington and on New York and that the U.S. does have nukes that can hit the ships in orbit if they are close enough, which they will be if they want to have the range to attack Earth with any real firepower.

Bonus fight: What happens if Vader, himself, joins the fight on the ground. Which Avenger (besides Thor or the Hulk) can defeat him?

Mighty Member

Any invasion would at best draw the Avengers into the open to be targeted by the orbiting Star Destroyers, because none of the Star Wars ground forces are doing jack to Hulk or Thor. Vader and his ships are perfectly safe from attack though, because any nuke they can't just shoot down, they can just go to hyperspace to avoid in the minutes they have before a missile reaches them. Ultimately Vader would realize that invasion is futile and just bombard the planet until all threats are eliminated.