Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default New Avengers #3 Preview and Discussion

Since seemingly darn near all the other Marvel Previews got a thread made for them automatically except this one, I'd thought I'd make it this time for this one.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2015

• Avengers Island -- under attack from outer space!

• Who are the Knights Of The Infinite? What do they want with Wiccan and Hulkling? And how far will the New Avengers go to stop them?

• Meanwhile, Songbird uncovers evidence of a traitor on the team...
    So, we seem to be starting off with a bit of down time, which is always nice, and that is spread between 3 lines.

First is the Food Court, where Power Man seems to take issue with Wiccan's choice of code name (ya'll know that'll totally go over well...) Bonus little tidbit is that White Tiger and Squirrel Girl seem to have formed a friendship due to past events, so that's nice.

Then there's Dr. Toni Ho trying to get some kind of non-Pod reaction from Pod, with rather poor-to-middling success.

And last but not least is Songbird, Sunspot, and the beginnings of the "We have a Spy. A real one." subplot.

The description of the issue sounds nice for Billy and Teddy, and I really do appreciate the page-time being given to their downtime.

(This will be my first thread here, so please pardon me if I made any missteps or mistakes.)
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11-14-2015 at 10:55 PM.

I'd welcome a name change for Wiccan and Hulkling actually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'd welcome a name change for Wiccan and Hulkling actually.
    Heh. But what would be exceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Heh. But what would be exceptable?
    Well, Demiurge could work. I mean, that's what he is or will be. Though doesn't really sound like a good hero name. I mean the only other thing he's referred to is the 'magic messiah', but 'messiah' definitely ain't going to fly. And because he's also Jewish and the whole can-of-drama that would bring would be amazing.

And Hulkling definitely needs a different name, at least one that doesn't make him sound related to another hero he only has the skin-tone in common.

(And btw, from the preview, I highly doubt that Teddy would know who Dagwood is. The sandwich sure, but knowing that the sandwich is based on a character from a really old comic strip? Is the big sandwich still a running gag in Blondie?)

Ohhhhhhh that issue looks awesome (minus Power Man being a massive d*ck). Songbird is stealing it but that Pod stuff; THAT is very interesting and curious!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Could that creature that Maker release, from I believe the fifth version of the Muliverse, already have traveled far enough to possess someone?

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post

And Hulkling definitely needs a different name, at least one that doesn't make him sound related to another hero he only has the skin-tone in common.
    What about ...... Captain Marvel? in honour of his late father.

(gotta go now, to hide from any Carol Danvers fans)

Are they ignoring Wiccan had already changed his codename to Demiurge back in Gillen's YA?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    What about ...... Captain Marvel? in honour of his late father.

(gotta go now, to hide from any Carol Danvers fans)
    How about it be Mister Marvel!?

I was curious with the Pod situation.
    These moments of calm are good we see the interaction of team members as they go to know each other better.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Are they ignoring Wiccan had already changed his codename to Demiurge back in Gillen's YA?
    Yes. But ONLY because that didn't actually happen.

Power Man makes excellent points as always...

Ugh. "Cultural appropriation." If Ewing seriously uses that as a segue to a name change then he gets his first reason for me to dislike his writing.

This book is starting to get serious. and not in a good way. observations;
    I'm wondering if Wiccan needs a new code name. Power Man talking about faith kind of annoys me. Tippy toe at the table? I hope' he's had his rabies shots. And pod is starting to worry me. I don't think I like the machine being in charge of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    How about it be Mister Marvel!?
    Why not Spectrum?