All-New Member

Default Looking for new alien comic

So I'm looking to get into a new sci-fi comic that's less about subtext and complexity and more about balls to wall, pulpy fun about humans and aliens battling each other. Does anyone have any recommendations for a comic like this? I would prefer it to be relatively new so that I won't have difficulty finding a #1, please. Thank you in advance.

Incredible Member

Don't think I'd call it pulpy, but check out X-O Manowar from Valiant Comics. That might scratch your itch.

The story follows a young Visigoth prince named Aric in the year 400 AD (or so) who is kidnapped by an alien race called the Vine. Forced to toil in years of captivity, Aric eventually escapes and steals the Vine's greatest weapon - the sentient X-O Manowar battle armor. Aric returns to Earth to find 1600 years have passed, and he is now in modern times. The most primitive man on earth holds the most powerful weapon.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

I don't read it, but there's currently an Aliens / Vampirella six-issue mini-series.

http://www.dynamite.com/htmlfiles/vi...13023923501011

Incredible Member Prisoner 6655321's Avatar

If you haven't read it I really dug the fairly recent Fire and Stone story. Also, while it's a slightly more complex than aliens and humans battling each other, the Manhattan Projects is pure mad scientist fun with loads of aliens in the mix.
    Did you know that every atom in our bodies was once part of a star? Think about that… EVERYTHING changes. Caterpillars turn into butterflies and stars turn into @$$holes.

All-New Member

Okay cool, thank you all very much, I'll check those out when I go to pick up my pulls!

Millar's Starlight (Image) might be a good idea.
    X-O Manowar is not exactly what you ask for, but I'd recommend it as well.
    John Carter Warlord of Mars from Dynamite is an updated pulp hero, fitting your description.

All-New Member

Thank you! I'll add those to the list! Any more suggestions?

The first 3 volumes of Warlord of Mars Dejah Thoris are really good

... and a new Dejah Thoris series will be launching soon

There was a mini series a while ago called Caliban by Garth Ennis ... it was pretty cool (quite intense tho)

Last edited by friendly-fire-press; 11-22-2015 at 11:00 PM.

BANNED

Spread and Aliens vs. Zombies