Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In the Batbooks can be seen in Bars quite frequently, at the End of "Death of the Family", at the beginning of "Robin War", IIRC 3 times in Batman Eternal and two times in Batman and Robin Eternal.
    And often he is not just enjoing a beer but brooding over something like what happend in Death of the Family or or his feelings for Barbara.
    Jason's also been in bars drinking in RHatO and has also been shown to be presumably drinking in restaurants and the like RH/A. He's also been known to brood elsewhere as well. How is that any different from these occurrences in other books or are we just giving him a pass in his own books but not elsewhere? Looks like a double standard to me and honestly, I don't see how his being broody and drinking in a bar in those other books is a lazy attempt to make him a "bad boy". It's just something he does on occasion.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Jason's also been in bars drinking in RHatO and has also been shown to be presumably drinking in restaurants and the like RH/A. He's also been known to brood elsewhere as well. How is that any different from these occurrences in other books or are we just giving him a pass in his own books but not elsewhere? Looks like a double standard to me and honestly, I don't see how his being broody and drinking in a bar in those other books is a lazy attempt to make him a "bad boy". It's just something he does on occasion.
    The only time Jason was seen in a bar in RHATO was at the start of issue 4. Since then he's shown on different dinners and cafes. On those occasions he's drawn with a cup of cofee and a glass of wine (RH/A 2) and then with a bottle of water (RH/A 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    The only time Jason was seen in a bar in RHATO was at the start of issue 4. Since then he's shown on different dinners and cafes. On those occasions he's drawn with a cup of cofee and a glass of wine (RH/A 2) and then with a bottle of water (RH/A 4)
    Surely the tiki bar on the beach in RHATO #1 counts? Alcohol content of the drinks being consumed isn't specified (Roy's tall reddish coloured one with all the fruit is pretty much guaranteed to be non alcoholic), but whatever Jason chose to drink there'll definitely be alcohol behind the bar.

The visit to the bar in RHATO #4 is on business, of course, but though Roy reflects that it's not the best venue for a recovering alcoholic he tags along with Jason anyway. I don't see any evidence that Jason's avoiding bars on his behalf.

BANNED

That is just a lazy way to depict Jason as "the bad boy" while ignoring most of the characterization given to him on his own title and thus, offering a pretty biased interpretation to those readers that don't follow him beyond the crossovers.
    Are we looking at RATHO with rosed tinted glasses now?

Wine contains varying degrees of alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    In the Batbooks can be seen in Bars quite frequently, at the End of "Death of the Family", at the beginning of "Robin War", IIRC 3 times in Batman Eternal and two times in Batman and Robin Eternal. And often he is not just enjoing a beer but brooding over something like what happend in Death of the Family or or his feelings for Barbara.
    Those aren`t plot points. Also, excuse me for pointing it out, but "quite frequently" = 5 times out of how many issues between two volumes, crossovers and appearances in other titles? What is the big deal about Jason either socializing, brooding or having a beer if it`s obviously not shaped into something like "Demon in the bottle"?

Sorry, I`m not in you guys side on this. I honestly think is taking character protection a tad far. Everybit as much as arguments about Grayson being called Nigthwing or not and so that flood his own thread. Editorial and writers have presented Jason in the reboot as flawed (morally) but obviously balanced regardless (emotionally and physically). He laughs, he snarks, he bites, he goes out, he doesn`t go out, he rages, he shows emotions, he`s cocky, he`s loyal, etc. That`s okay with me, it`s how good characters stay good characters.

They knock the bad boy aspect as obvious much as they knock Tim being a geek and Grayson being a toyboy. I like to think they do it for new readers but it`s part of the game neverthless. They do the same trick of trade in writting characters in TV shows.

In the end is nothing much to discuss about unless it`s actually a plot.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 01-12-2016 at 01:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Surely the tiki bar on the beach in RHATO #1 counts? Alcohol content of the drinks being consumed isn't specified (Roy's tall reddish coloured one with all the fruit is pretty much guaranteed to be non alcoholic), but whatever Jason chose to drink there'll definitely be alcohol behind the bar.

The visit to the bar in RHATO #4 is on business, of course, but though Roy reflects that it's not the best venue for a recovering alcoholic he tags along with Jason anyway. I don't see any evidence that Jason's avoiding bars on his behalf.
    Yeah. It`s about control anyway. In that scene Roy mentions he`s drinking a soda, but Jason obviously isn`t. Despite that, he also mentions how Jason is more controlled and poised than he looks, and that`s why he tags along, no matter the place. It also helps that outside the crappy Titans Hunt, Roy is someone who overcame the addiction, instead of still being struggling with it. I`m not buying the idea that Jason ocassionally having a beer or being at a bar is against the actual long plot of him redeeming slowly and against his characterization in leaving the past behind.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 01-12-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah. It`s about control anyway. In that scene Roy mentions he`s drinking a soda, but Jason obviously isn`t. Despite that, he also mentions how Jason is more controlled and poised than he looks, and that`s why he tags along, no matter the place. It also helps that outside the crappy Titans Hunt, Roy is someone who overcame the addiction, instead of still being struggling with it. I`m not buying the idea that Jason ocassionally having a beer or being at a bar is against the actual long plot of him redeeming slowly and against his characterization in leaving the past behind.
    I'm not buying it either. Frankly all I'm seeing here is that Jason having a drink once in awhile is fine when it's confined to his own title but if it happens outside of that it's a lazy attempt at giving him a bad boy image.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Editorial and writers have presented Jason in the reboot as flawed (morally) but obviously balanced regardless (emotionally and physically). He laughs, he snarks, he bites, he goes out, he doesn`t go out, he rages, he shows emotions, he`s cocky, he`s loyal, etc. That`s okay with me, it`s how good characters stay good characters.
    Nice summation on Jason's character in the reboot BTW.

Techfan21

Personally I would love to have Jeff Lemire write a jason todd solo comic for a few years. I feel like Lemire would be the best writer to make reinvent Jason Todd without having to relay to much on batman. If Jeff Lemire is unable to come DC having Cullen Bunn or Dan Abnett would be a good second or third choice. The biggest issue I feel Jason would have to over come is making a unique villain for him would be a up hill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Techfan21 View Post
    Personally I would love to have Jeff Lemire write a jason todd solo comic for a few years. I feel like Lemire would be the best writer to make reinvent Jason Todd without having to relay to much on batman. If Jeff Lemire is unable to come DC having Cullen Bunn or Dan Abnett would be a good second or third choice. The biggest issue I feel Jason would have to over come is making a unique villain for him would be a up hill battle.
    I'd like to see a short mini with Lemire on RH/A. Considering the great work he did with GA.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

A much smarter Killer croc replacing Penguin reshaping Gotham.

Wonder Woman and Batman teaming up in a mini. Diana as warrior and brawn. Batman as detective and brain.

Alfred in his own miniseries. While shopping for groceries he stumbles in an adventure of his own against a rogue he could take. Maybe Killer Moth/Mad Hatter/Scarecrow/Penguin/Ventriloquist.
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 01-17-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Just make a weely-series, called "gotham-protectors" or something like that, on which every 4 issues would be a different arc focusing on each and every bat-character there is, and when all characters had been adressed, it would end, to give place to a "gotham-protectors vol 2" featuring adventures of different bat-teams randomly made on the circunstance.

BANNED

Bat-Pets gets an ongoing. There isn't enough Bat-Cow.

BANNED

I'd like to see Tim Drake take over as Nightwing. A robin no more.

As stated in my own thread, I'd like to see more mystery added to more stories.

Give it a sorta X-Files/Twilight Zone vibe.

Where at the end, Batman considers what just occurred with that unflinching stare, lips locked firmly horizontal, and he just puts his cape over his shoulders and turns and walks away. Leaving the reader to wonder if Batman solved it in his mind or if he, like we, are left to wonder?