Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Would you read an Jessica Jones/Killgrave team-up Comic?

The Plot would be simple

Jessica Jones short on cash and her husband off-world heads up to Canada to take on a case in which a teenage girl has gone missing. At first it seems to be a simply runaway child, but things soon take an unexpected turn when Jessica meets an up and coming female Psychic detective who specializes in cold cases/supernatural jobs who is looking for an teenage boy who went missing twenty years ago and find their cases have a lot in common. And so she suggest the two must work together to solve both cases(and split the profits fifty/fifty), but there's just one problem for Jessica...

The other detective name is Kara Killgrave the Purple Girl/Persuasion, the Purple Man's daughter.(and no she not a villain in this story... What were you thinking Greg Pak?)

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I might read a book with her and the daughter of the Purple Man. I thought you were talking about Zebediah Killgrave.

I recently read a Typhoid Mary mini-series by Ann Nocenti where she was investigating people murdering prostitutes. It was a mature audiences book with Typhoid Mary as the abrasive badass female detective (technically, all four personalities were involved on the case so they had to leave notes to each other because they wouldn't remember what the other one did). It made me think the story would make a great Jessica Jones TV show story or a Jessica Jones/Typhoid team up would be fun. But your idea certainly has a lot of fun aspects to explore as well.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

will she die in the story?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    will she die in the story?
    NOOOOOO!

He hates Jessica Jones and doesn't hesitate to mention it whenever she is brought up. Probably not worth trying to continue a discussion with him if you disagree.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    He hates Jessica Jones and doesn't hesitate to mention it whenever she is brought up. Probably not worth trying to continue a discussion with him if you disagree.
    why are you derailing the thread? it's kind of rude.

Fantastic Member

I might read a book with her and the daughter of the Purple Man. I thought you were talking about Zebediah Killgrave.

I recently read a Typhoid Mary mini-series by Ann Nocenti where she was investigating people murdering prostitutes. It was a mature audiences book with Typhoid Mary as the abrasive badass female detective (technically, all four personalities were involved on the case so they had to leave notes to each other because they wouldn't remember what the other one did). It made me think the story would make a great Jessica Jones TV show story or a Jessica Jones/Typhoid team up would be fun. But your idea certainly has a lot of fun aspects to explore as well.
    Funnily enough Jessica and Mary actually met once while Jessica was sharing a jail cell with her (long story) here's how it went
    Jessica: uh hi?
    Mary: I am going to bite off your c#%t.
    Jessica: decks Mary and she's knocks her out cold. (I am NOT kidding.)

Also what plotlines do you see Jessica and Kara having together?

Yeah, but Bendis writes a weird Mary that's not exactly true to character.

As for plotlines? No idea. I would just put them in a situation where they're investigating something. Possibly having them investigate Kara's father. Either way, there would be tension because of who she represents even though she's arguably as much of a victim.

yup this uh huh

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Does Jessica have any idea that Killgrave even has a daughter? It could make for a cool mini, but I think it would work better if Kara was still working for the govt instead of being a PI herself. Jessica has to work with her because the Canadian govt is not going to allow Jessica to just run around unsupervised.

Mighty Member

Actually, this is not a terrible idea (conditional on the writer of course).

Yeah, but Bendis writes a weird Mary that's not exactly true to character.
    As opposed to normal Mary Typhoid?

The other detective name is Kara Killgrave the Purple Girl/Persuasion, the Purple Man's daughter.(and no she not a villain in this story... What were you thinking Greg Pak?
    Say what now? (This might kill the idea.)

Does anybody remember that Pak story? (Hell, I forgot about Persuasion until I saw this thread.) Might still work with Persuasion as a bad guy though.

Bendis and everything he touches, including modern Marvel, IS AWFUL!
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Does Jessica have any idea that Killgrave even has a daughter? It could make for a cool mini, but I think it would work better if Kara was still working for the govt instead of being a PI herself. Jessica has to work with her because the Canadian govt is not going to allow Jessica to just run around unsupervised.
    In recent storyline Jessica was planning to kill The Purple Man once and for all with a sniper bullet to the chest... Killgrave has a Healing factor that once allowed him to survive getting run over by Train, something her teammate Daredevil (most people) know. So I don't believe she knows about his daughter.

As for the latter idea I can see that working, you just have to ignore or recton the Pak run.(which I am all for)

"The first season of Jessica Jones captivated me. But after more than two years of anticipation of a second season, the first five episodes of the show’s second season left me disappointed and, worst of all, bored."
    ---Polygon

"Equal parts droll, damaged and fierce, Ritter is so damn charismatic that she’s able to carry most of the lopsided season with seeming ease, and almost (almost) distract you from plotting issues."
    ---/Film

the emperor has no clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    As opposed to normal Mary Typhoid?
    As opposed to how Ann Nocenti writes the character.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    In recent storyline Jessica was planning to kill The Purple Man once and for all with a sniper bullet to the chest... Killgrave has a Healing factor that once allowed him to survive getting run over by Train, something her teammate Daredevil (most people) know. So I don't believe she knows about his daughter.
    Jessica explicitly states that she knows about his healing - either in that issue or the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    The other detective name is Kara Killgrave the Purple Girl/Persuasion, the Purple Man's daughter.(and no she not a villain in this story... What were you thinking Greg Pak?)
    Wasn't that Van Lente in his Alpha Flight story?
    I remember him implying that everything after Byrne's run was irrelevant, but he still had to bring back Kara just to **** on her.