Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best new comic

Spectacular Member

Default Best new comic

Just curious of what the best new DC book is? It can be an old character but whole new series or an entirely new character and new book.

BANNED

Omega Men is the best book that DC has on the stands. Period. It's hard to even debate that.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I second Omega Men, its been pretty good. I would also reccomend JLA its been pretty solid so far.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Omega Men is the best book that DC has on the stands. Period. It's hard to even debate that.
    Midnighter is right there with OM. (Technically Midnighter isn't new however.) OM it is.

Mighty Member

Omega Men, Midnighter and Prez are my top three DC books right now I think. Grayson and JL3001 are up there too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver Matthew Logan1962 View Post
    Midnighter is right there with OM. (Technically Midnighter isn't new however.) OM it is.
    Midnighter is up there indeed. I hope it encourages DC to play in the Wildstorm sandbox a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    Just curious of what the best new DC book is? It can be an old character but whole new series or an entirely new character and new book.
    Omega Men and Grayson. They are the cream of the crop for DC books right now, IMO.

Omega Men and Martian Manhunter ,1.A and 1.B.

I agree with everyone else. Omega Men.
    But since it'll be cancelled with #12, and buying it new off the shelf won't help it any, I'd recommend waiting for the trade and going with Grayson for now.

I'm also liking Titans Hunt, but it's a slow burn and only one issue out so far.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    How "new" are we talking?
    * Titles launched in 2014?
    * Titles launched in June 2015?
    * Titles launched in the past month or two?

Grayson is really quite good.

I haven't checked out Omega Men yet, or Martian Manhunter (damn you budget!!) but people I trust say its the best thing at DC. I plan on trade waiting. At this point that's the best way to get DC to do more of this stuff. Trade and digital sales is what you gotta look at now, those are the growing markets.

I myself really enjoy Black Canary. Its the sort of re-imagining that she needed. I really like this status quo for her; the band aspect is pitch perfect for Dinah, it comes with a supporting cast with built-in drama, exotic and varied locales, and the science-fiction-y, paramilitary type stuff they've mixed in with her ex-husband and Dio serves as a really nice contrast. It feels like an Image title and puts Dinah in a unique niche at DC; she's not quite a hero but she's not a civilian either. She's the missing link between the super-gods and the average person. And Dinah's wonderfully written; I've heard a few people say she's out of character but I don't think so, I think she's there, and this particular writer just has a slightly different voice for her.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Prez and Grayson, for me.

Omega Men is great comics too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How "new" are we talking?
    * Titles launched in 2014?
    * Titles launched in June 2015?
    * Titles launched in the past month or two?
    I would say launched within the past 6 months to a year MAX

I'm trade waiting Omega Men now that I know it ends at issue 12. Though really, Midnighter and Grayson are two of the best books out there. So between those three books, I couldn't pick a favorite.

Spectacular Member

I can't speak for Omega Men. I've decided to trade wait for that one. Martian Manhunter, though, is my jam.