Default Lobster Johnson: What else is there outside of his comic books?

I know the short feature / story "Tony Masso’s Finest Hour" was in Dark Horse Presents #9 (from February 2012), but how many other Lobster Johnson-related appearances / connected moments or stories are there that did not appear specifically in a Lobster Johnson issue?

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know the short feature / story "Tony Masso’s Finest Hour" was in Dark Horse Presents #9 (from February 2012), but how many other Lobster Johnson-related appearances / connected moments or stories are there that did not appear specifically in a Lobster Johnson issue?
    He's shown up in BPRD quite a few times. He was in BPRD: Killing Ground, BPRD: The Warning (sort of), BPRD: King of Fear (and possibly more books that I'm forgetting), and he appears in short stories in the first 2 BPRD books (the stories are Killer in My Skull, his first appearance, and BPRD: Night Train, which may or may not be in continuity).
    He was a major character in Hellboy: Conqueror Worm as well (drawn by Mike Mignola, too!).
    There's also a novel (Lobster Johnson: The Satan Factory) and he appeared in the Hellboy: Odder Jobs prose anthology (which I haven't read); neither of those are canon, as far as I know.
    In Sledgehammer 44, he makes a one-panel cameo.

Now, if only Dark Horse would combine his appearances outside of the Lobster Johnson book itself in one convenient place. (Like maybe a #0 issue?)

Now, if only Dark Horse would combine his appearances outside of the Lobster Johnson book itself in one convenient place. (Like maybe a #0 issue?)
    They're already collected in the various trades, omnibuses, and library editions. (Except for the prose material, which is out of continuity.)

Lobster Johnson got his own introduction bit as a backup story to Hellboy: Box Full of Evil, around 1999.

It's the story where the spinal-chord-plus-brain comes from as featured within the MEZCO action figure package.

The story was later collected in the (first) B.P.R.D.: Hollow Earth AOS tpb in 2003. Next to which the John Cassaday Lobster serial proved also pretty buff.

But it is weird trying to remember or piece together how exactly the pretty intense popularity to LoJo came about among readers, even way before the character got his own dedicated titles. As the Lobster being the most favoured action hero by Hellboy himself in his youth.

Much like how for instance Mike Mignola's young Hellboy with his pet dog at the army facility already got to taking shape, by as early as 1996 or thereabouts, due to a splendid and widely acclaimed SDCC promotional mini print.

I seem to remember anticipating Lobster Johnson to pop up in B.P.R.D.: 1946, something which however didn't happen until B.P.R.D.: 1947, very awesomely.
    But how or based on what I was knowing this prior to either of those books seeing print I do not recall.

Likely due to fun tidbits or sketches / promo's as getting shared right here on this forum, prior to it getting wiped.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    They're already collected in the various trades, omnibuses, and library editions.
    But the problem is, what if you aren't buying those because you have the Lobster Johnson single issues? I'm debating what do about the Lobster Johnson Vol. 3 tpb collection since I already have Caput Mortuum (No. 12) and Satan Smells a Rat (No. 13) as back issues. And I don't necessarily want to buy tpb collections of other Mignola titles if all I really want in the Lobster Johnson portions. That's why, at least to me, an Issue #0 compilation might be a nice option.

The Claw of Justice!

But the problem is, what if you aren't buying those because you have the Lobster Johnson single issues? I'm debating what do about the Lobster Johnson Vol. 3 tpb collection since I already have Caput Mortuum (No. 12) and Satan Smells a Rat (No. 13) as back issues. And I don't necessarily want to buy tpb collections of other Mignola titles if all I really want in the Lobster Johnson portions. That's why, at least to me, an Issue #0 compilation might be a nice option.
    The Vol. 3 TPB also contains the Tony Masso's Finest Hour Dark Horse Presents story that you mentioned before. And a great sketchbook, so I'd definitely recommend getting the TPB.
    The problem with collecting all of his other appearances into a #0 issue would be that most of his appearances wouldn't make much sense given the way that he tends to show up. For example, in BPRD: The Black Goddess he appears in the first and last issues, but reading those appearances without the context of the rest of the story would be confusing.