Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    I don't understand one thing...

If Hippolyta is immortal and her daughter possibly is not, why would either one think that Diana would eventually become Queen of the Amazons?

Seems to me that everyone would see Diana as a princess until the day she died. It isn't as if Hippolyta is in danger of being killed in battle or anything like that. Even if Diana were immortal, Hippolyta would always be there.
    That question's answered in the second issue.

I can't wait to see how her journey will go on. The visuals were beautiful again and I like that we will see more of Alcippe in the future . The look on her face when she found Diana hiding was great. I felt really sad for Diana in the beginning and just as happy for her when she finally felt free.

Thanks for all of your thoughts, and I hope you enjoy the second Chapter. Diana has soooo far to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    I like the art in this issue; I don't like how artists take away from the details, when the character is depicted in a distance like last issue.
    Yes, there was a bit of a learning curve with drawing for digital. We usually draw/ink for print, and discovered too late just how zoomed in digital readers see things. So by issue 4 we made certain to zoom in further while inking. One of the many things learned during the creation process.

Incredible Member

God the art looks awesome in this book, and the story is definitely interesting. Cannot wait to pick it up in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Renae De Liz View Post
    Yes, there was a bit of a learning curve with drawing for digital. We usually draw/ink for print, and discovered too late just how zoomed in digital readers see things. So by issue 4 we made certain to zoom in further while inking. One of the many things learned during the creation process.
    Oh, interesting. I was also wondering about the lack of detail on a few panels in part one.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Oh, interesting. I was also wondering about the lack of detail on a few panels in part one.
    Yeah, those panels irk me like you wouldn't believe! Especially as the first issue of any series is so important, and we inadvertently left bobbly marshmallow people in the background, haha! I'll probably try to go back and fix them for the single issues or trade.
    Last edited by Renae De Liz; 11-19-2015 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    That question's answered in the second issue.
    Is it? I read it and didn't see anything. As I said, even if Diana were to become immortal, Hippolyta would always be around. I didn't see any discussion of a way of possible succession or that Hippolyta was planning on going anywhere. If I missed something, I would be happy to have it pointed out to me.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    Is it? I read it and didn't see anything. As I said, even if Diana were to become immortal, Hippolyta would always be around. I didn't see any discussion of a way of possible succession or that Hippolyta was planning on going anywhere. If I missed something, I would be happy to have it pointed out to me.
    Co-regents, perhaps?

Mighty Member

Another brilliant issue. Has a wonderful sense of discovery with each issue I really like, just like Azz/Chiang's. Love it.

Also, Kangas !

WWFan

Default Joy to read

I don't usually join forums to post but wanted to in this case to say what a joy it's been to read the first two issues of Legend. A worthy successor to the first couple of years of the George Perez era of Wonder Woman. Thanks Renae de Liz for making Wonder Woman and comics in general fun to read again. If only more comics were written and drawn like this.

Issue #2 captivated me start to finish. How sad I can't say the same of WW's main title these days.

Incredible Member

I'm not reading this digitally because I prefer paper, and I just got issue #2. I'm especially enjoying Diana's voice in the series, as well as the series overall. Thank you for producing awesome work, Renae & Ray!